0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass

Discus and support 0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had problems launching halo infinite, opening the game would take me to the Microsoft store and not open the game, tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mathewgabara, Dec 12, 2021.

1. mathewgabara
    mathewgabara Guest

I had problems launching halo infinite, opening the game would take me to the Microsoft store and not open the game, tried uninstalling and reinstalling game pass with no such improvement, than I tried uninstalling and reinstalling halo infinite but game pass wouldn't let me install the game giving me error code 0x80070424. than I attempted the known following known solutions to resolve this issue without success.

Solution 1:

Open Powershell in administrator mode, copy and paste the following instruction line.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

*After that try installing the game again.

Solution 2:

Click the windows icon in the taskbar > Settings > apps > Gaming services > advanced > repair & reset

is their any suggestions on how to fix my issue?

I can install a few games on game pass fine but not others. always get error code 0x80070424

:)

mathewgabara, Dec 12, 2021
  2. JamesWLL Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Reading your problem, I saw that you tried some solutions, but they didn't solve the problem. I recommend that you try the solutions below, please.

Solution 1:

Open Powershell in administrator mode, copy and paste the following instruction line.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Solution 2:

Click the windows icon in the taskbar > Settings > apps > Gaming services > advanced > repair & reset

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, and I'm sorry you're having this experience.
    For those experiencing the same problem

• Solution 1: Powershell Command resolved my issue.
    • Solution 2: Did not resolve my issue (previously attempted).
    Thank you!
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Reading your problem, I saw that you tried some solutions, but they didn't solve the problem. I recommend that you try the solutions below, please.

Solution 1:

Solution 2:

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, and I'm sorry you're having this experience.
  4. Kazeshini97 Win User

Xbox Game Pass on PC broke when i reset windows.

0x80070424 This is the error code.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Error code 0x80070424 - Can not fix it, help please!

There is a thread here in the community that mentions a possible solution to this problem, some people say it works for them, I recommend you try it too.

How to resolve error 0x80070424:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

*Please let us know if this works.
  6. SamQY Win User

Game pass error code 0x80070424

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.
    Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.
    1. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.
    2. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    3. Open the Microsoft Store app, library>get updates and update everything.
    4. Press the Windows Button then type Services.
    Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.
    Then select Run as Administrator
    Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:
    IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager,
    Xbox Live Game Save,
    Xbox Live Networking Service,
    Gaming Services.
    Do this with each of the services listed above.
    Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.
Thema:

1. 0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass - Similar Threads - 0x80070424 Error Game

2. game pass error code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass error code 0x80070424: Hey guys/gals, Found this gem (stardew valley) I would love to play on game pass for pc but I am unable to because I get error code 0x80070424. I have tried to repair app, reset app, uninstall...
  3. (PC Game Pass) Error 0x80070424 when attempting to reinstall Halo Infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (PC Game Pass) Error 0x80070424 when attempting to reinstall Halo Infinite: Hi there, I experienced issues with gaming services and Halo Infinite pushing me to attempt the fix of resetting both of the apps, this caused Halo Infinite to uninstall itself entirely as a...
  4. Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass - error code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass - error code 0x80070424: I'm currently trying to Pre-install the Halo Infinite campaign from the Xbox app onto my Windows 10 PC, which is available to Game Pass subscribers. After selecting "PRE-INSTALL Included with GAME...
  5. Game pass error code 0x80070424

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass error code 0x80070424: I just recently bought the gamepass but when I attempt to download some games on it I get a error code 0x80070424 Everything is updated so I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it...
  6. Cant Re-Install game. Shows 0x80070424 error code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Re-Install game. Shows 0x80070424 error code: I bought xbox game pass standard few days back and was playing Forza horizon 5 . Yesterday there was an update to Forza Horizon 5 which i paused in between and after doing that i cant launch the...
  7. Cannot install any games using either MS store or Xbox app (Error 0x80070424)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install any games using either MS store or Xbox app (Error 0x80070424): I cannot install Horizon 5 using either the MS store or the Xbox app. I keep getting error 0x80070424, which I found to be mostly related to Windows Update services, I checked in the services tab...
  8. getting Error 0x80070424 when trying to download games on the pc xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    getting Error 0x80070424 when trying to download games on the pc xbox app.: I need help fixing a error when I try to download games on the Xbox app. I'm getting Error 0x80070424 I already tried windows troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, outbyte pc...
  9. Cannot install games using xbox gamepass w10 64bit (error code: 0x80070424)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games using xbox gamepass w10 64bit (error code: 0x80070424): hello. i just installed the xbox app on windows 10 64bit and subscribed to the gamepass. i'm trying to install the game back4blood but i receive an error immediately, the game wont download, is...
  10. 0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass: Hello, I have an issue with a download on Xbox Game Pass on PC, specifically I cannot download The Ascent (which I had previously downloaded/installed). Upon attempting to download The Ascent, I...