0x80D03801 error when updating game (Minecraft)

Discus and support 0x80D03801 error when updating game (Minecraft) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i try to download Minecraft i get the error code 0x80D03801, which is after i uninstalled and re-installed it. Whenever it says it's downloading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RigorousPizza97, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 0x80D03801 error when updating game (Minecraft)

When i try to download Minecraft i get the error code 0x80D03801, which is after i uninstalled and re-installed it. Whenever it says it's downloading the game, it always stays on 0%. Microsoft can you answer this question, it comes up multiple times and
    support isn't helping either. I feel like Mojang screwed something up when they gave out free digital copies for those who had discs, after they released the better together update. Mind you, players only encountered this problem after the latest update. Mojang
    might be trying to eliminate free copies of the game they gave out. Trouble is, I can't even buy another copy.

:)

RigorousPizza97, Jul 11, 2019
  2. RigorousPizza97 Win User

Hello RigorousPizza,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I would recommend reporting this issue to directly to Microsoft using the insider hub :

1. On your console, install the
      Xbox Insider Hub
      app (if you don’t already have it).
    2. Hold down the Xbox button
      on the controller.
    3. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    4. Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.

You may also want to check out the
    Minecraft support site and
    official forums.

If you would like to see if there are any steps you have missed while troubleshooting, let us know everything that has already been attempted. At the moment, I would recommend a

soft or full factory reset
    if you haven't already tried one.
    So here's what happened, to which I'm glad it did.

Submitted my case as a report to Mojang, they received it successfully

Left the xbox off overnight, but in sleep mode and disconnected from the router as it was turned off

Turned my xbox on in the morning and then my router

Proceeded to download the xbox insider hub app straight from the Microsoft store

As it was downloading, I went to Minecraft's Microsoft page and began the download for it, just as a pop-up exclaimed the other app was "ready to start"

This time it started downloading, and I'm not sure if its due to me downloading something prior, or Mojang pulling some strings.

Either way, it downloads now!

[​IMG]
  3. RigorousPizza97 Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    This did not work, neither does resetting my router. General solutions do not work, I have exhausted the general troubleshooting attempts. This is an issue on Microsoft's end, as I myself repair these consoles both physically and digitally for a living.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello RigorousPizza,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I would recommend reporting this issue to directly to Microsoft using the insider hub :

1. On your console, install the
      Xbox Insider Hub
      app (if you don’t already have it).
    2. Hold down the Xbox button
      on the controller.
    3. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    4. Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.

You may also want to check out the
    Minecraft support site and
    official forums.

If you would like to see if there are any steps you have missed while troubleshooting, let us know everything that has already been attempted. At the moment, I would recommend a

soft or full factory reset
    if you haven't already tried one.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. DamienKilgour Win User

Error code: 0x80D03801 When i try to download a game

Hi Damien,

Are you able to install other games from the Game Pass or any games from your Ready to install section?

At this point it can also be a network issue if other games also cannot install. Just for some troubleshooting, unplug your router and modem for at least a minimum of 5 minutes. Then, go ahead and do a

hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox.

After it reboots, go into your Network settings and select Test multiplayer connection and make sure the test comes back good. Then try to install Minecraft again.

Let us know if this helps!
    I'm having the same issue as him, I can install other games, just not minecraft. I have tried on 3 different wifi connections as well.

Yeah thats my issue, everything else works perfectly and can download but minecraft will not.
Thema:

1. 0x80D03801 error when updating game (Minecraft) - Similar Threads - 0x80D03801 error updating

2. Zynga Poker Facebook Login Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Zynga Poker Facebook Login Error: URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid...
  3. I can't sign in on the Xbox App, says I need internet. Error code: 0x800704cf

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't sign in on the Xbox App, says I need internet. Error code: 0x800704cf: Really frustrating. I tried resetting, reparing and redownloading. I even repaired and reset Microsoft Store. 1d4984d7-96b5-4ad1-803f-4c1bde039be8
  4. Error code: 0x80040154

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code: 0x80040154: I try to install some games from XGP Ultimate to my PC. Some of games dont install and I get an Error code: 0x80040154. I try to restart PC - no effect I try to uninstall Xbox (Beta) app - no...
  5. Error 0×80a4000e

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error 0×80a4000e: Split from this thread. I have an error 0×80a4000e help. This is the first time the xbox is turned on. when I created an account, I added e-mail and then I led the password and I got this error 0...
  6. XBXX ONE Fallout 4 Error message when trying to load my level 69 game files missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBXX ONE Fallout 4 Error message when trying to load my level 69 game files missing: Hi since yesterday i wanted to game on but received following error: XBOX ONE Fallout 4 Error message when trying to load my level 60+ game files missing since that error i just see very old...
  7. Error 0x87DD0005

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87DD0005: Hello I'm for some reason unable to sign in to my microsoft account on Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I just get error 0x87DD0005 and the only option is to try again. I've looked all over the...
  8. Do you own this game or app error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you own this game or app error: ok so I am getting this error with most of the free games from gamerpass I have (Minecraft, State of Decay 2, and Shadows of War. just to name a few) I used the support option of "talk with a Xbox...
  9. Bluray player no ot installing error code 0x80D03801

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluray player no ot installing error code 0x80D03801: I tried to up update bluray player app it did not update,so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it is showing error Code 0x80D03801 How to install it 7c1d7f97-225f-4312-8b48-9aee65e26849
  10. Error code: 0x80D03801 When i try to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80D03801 When i try to download a game: When i try to download Minecraft i get the error code 0x80D03801 after i uninstalled and re-installed Whenever it says its downloading the game it always stays on 0%...