15 years of Xbox Live Gold = a denied refund

Discus and support 15 years of Xbox Live Gold = a denied refund in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Like the title states, I've been a Xbox Live Gold member since 2003 or 2004. I can't really remember the exact date, but without sounding like a... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Daddy NO, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Daddy NO
    Daddy NO Guest

Like the title states, I've been a Xbox Live Gold member since 2003 or 2004. I can't really remember the exact date, but without sounding like a Microsoft product fanboy. I've been loyal to this brand because i always felt like the user satisfaction was
    always ultimate goal.

With Xbox Game pass i still feel that this is the case. Although with with my recent failed attempt to get a refund on a free Games with Gold game Never Alone in which i was charged for on January 2.

It's disheartening to not get an answers on why i got charged for a free game with gold. The $15 is not the part that bothers me. It's not getting an answer on why i was charged it. Just getting a denial is the aggravating part.

I got an Xbox one in every room in my house (5 total). I just purchased an Xbox one X and another Xbox one S along with 2 one year subscription to Game pass and I paid for another year Xbox Live gold subscription for one of my kids in the last month alone.

So can anyone answer, why I got charged for getting a free games with gold game with my gold account which i've had for a very long time??

:)

Daddy NO, Jan 17, 2019
  2. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

If i may ask , what was the date of the purchase on the game . Because the xbox ine games are staggered throught the month of the free period. And if it was purchased by accident that could be the reason as well. Also could one of the kids made the purchase
    by mistake from their accounts because it wouldnt show up as “install” on every console. And then there could have just been a glitch that charged for it my mistake as well. But in any case you would have to get a hold of the main support line and have them
    look into it for you
  3. Daddy NO Win User

Thank you for the sympathy, I only replied here because in the denial email it gave the forums as an option to figure out my problem. I sent a reply again when i got the email. I just wanted to know what the issue was. I thought I couldn't be the only one
    this happened too. Now if I have to jump through hoops to get this explained to someone. They can just keep my $15. It's not worth my time to keep requesting a refund. I'm a little bitter but I'll get over it. I just thought I'll ask the question since I was
    given the option to do so.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Is the account that got billed the one with the gold subscription? Because GWG are only free to the account with the active subscriptions. As far as refunds go your only option is doing what's already been suggested. You can read the FAQ for digital purchases
    here if you like -

https://support.xbox.com/games/purchasing/buying-digital-game-faq
  5. Daddy NO Win User

It was me who purchased "The Free Games with Gold" game Not Alone on January 2. My kids all have gold memberships also and I have to verify their purchases. My theories are the glitch is connected to my Xbox one X and my 1 year membership to the game pass.
    Also my live Membership auto renews at the end of next month. Maybe one of those factors play into it? I don't know, I just thought I'll ask here. Thanks for responding to me
  6. Ambassador Zemi Win User

I am very sorry to hear this. Getting a refund on Xbox is sometimes a tricky thing. Unfortunately, you will need to re contact official Xbox support. As the majority of us on the forums are just volunteers.

You will need go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/ and contact official support.

Hopefully this help, let us know if you have any other questions.
Thema:

1. 15 years of Xbox Live Gold = a denied refund - Similar Threads - years Live Gold

2. 1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership Reward Gone?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership Reward Gone?: Every year I have saved my points to get the 1 year Xbox Live Gold Membership. I always have that set as my goal and I was just looking and noticing that it's not there. Did they take this away?...
  3. Xbox Live Gold for 1 year from Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold for 1 year from Rewards: Hi ! This end of august I bought a Xbox Live Gold for 1 year with my rewards points earned during the months before. Since then I did racked up a good amount of points and when I went to check how...
  4. My year subscription of live gold isnt working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My year subscription of live gold isnt working: I have a 12 month gold account.... I recently changed my credit card number linked to my account and now it's not letting me use or access my gold membership my son is over for are weekly visit...
  5. One year live gold reward via points?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    One year live gold reward via points?: What happened to the one year live gold reward in points? It was there earlier this year and I was working toward this year and not it is not. 7ecc7ff6-b98d-4449-9fb6-d9b8844a2e2f
  6. Bought 2 years of Xbox Live Gold from Nokeys.com and both say they have been redeemed already

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought 2 years of Xbox Live Gold from Nokeys.com and both say they have been redeemed already: So contacted support and they are saying I must have sold them or redeemed them already.... Am so angry right now!!! They say they need a screenshot of when its redeemed But Xbox chat is not...
  7. my xbox live gold 1 year subscription was cancelled

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox live gold 1 year subscription was cancelled: my Xbox live gold 1 year subscription was cancelled after 2-3 months but, i didn't cancel it nor buy Xbox game pass and cancel that. 9fc0a4c0-c5fa-4b24-8440-05d3cb38a73f
  8. My entire 1 year Xbox Live Gold subscription got cancelled after cancelling 1 month of Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My entire 1 year Xbox Live Gold subscription got cancelled after cancelling 1 month of Xbox...: Hi, Today I wanted to try Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 1 month. At this moment I still had a Xbox Live Gold subscription until august 2020. My Gold subscription now converted into an Ultimate...
  9. years of xbox live gold badge

in XBoX on Consoles
    years of xbox live gold badge: Ive been wondering, can you still get the years of xbox live gold badge if you gameshare with someone that has xbox live gold? 6632d669-85ea-4e40-8c8a-722704994a0f
  10. One Year Xbox Live Gold Membership by redeeming Microsoft Reward Points

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    One Year Xbox Live Gold Membership by redeeming Microsoft Reward Points: My goal was set to redeem my Microsoft Reward points for a One-year Xbox Live Gold Membership, and it disappeared sometime in the last few days. How can we get this back as an option?? This has...