2 Slims, 1 Vizio: one works for me, one NOT SUPPORT (+ more details) = STUMPED!

Discus and support 2 Slims, 1 Vizio: one works for me, one NOT SUPPORT (+ more details) = STUMPED! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a used chrome-trimmed shiny black 250gb 360S (without 4gb internal memory) to give as a gift to a bummed out friend, and I have spent the last... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by appariitiion, Feb 8, 2014.

1. appariitiion
    appariitiion Guest

I bought a used chrome-trimmed shiny black 250gb 360S (without 4gb internal memory) to give as a gift to a bummed out friend, and I have spent the last two days troubleshooting what seems to be a compatibility issue with an HDMI cable connection to a 37"
    Vizio 1080p LED TV (M370NV). It simply states "NOT SUPPORT" with the older one and the newer one works. It DOES work with this specific HDTV if I use a Composite RGB/AV, just not with an HDMI cable. It also works perfectly with that same HDMI cable on a different
    Vizio HDTV. Also, my newer matte black XBOX 360S (with 4gb internal memory) works on both HDTVs with that same HDMI cable. So, clearly there's something fishy going on with the older 360S with HDMI cable to this specific Vizio. Troubleshooting: Y+RT doesn't
    do anything Going into Display Settings blind (up, right 6, down, AAAA, etc...) didn't work Switching HDMI cord ends didn't work Using a different HDMI cable didn't work Factory resetting the TV didn't work Why would my newer matte black XBOX 360S work fine
    with an HDMI cable to this Vizio HDTV, but not the chrome-trimmed shiny black 360S?

:)

appariitiion, Feb 8, 2014
  2. Vizio soundbar

Could you post some more details. Model of the Vizio TV and sound bar. Also what settings you're using under your audio output. Bitstream Dolby or uncompressed stereo for both HDMI and Optical need some more details.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Sudden HDMI Issue with XBOX 360

Hello,

I've had an XBOX 360 slim for almost 2 years. I've had it plugged into my Samsung Stereo Receiver (via HDMI) with no problems until last week. One day it worked fine, then the next day my TV said "No Signal"...

I started swapping out HDMI cables, but that didn't work.

Finally, I decided to try it plugged straight into the HDMI ports of my TV (a Vizio 55 inch). It appears to work fine through this TV, plugged straight into either HDMI port 1 or port 2.

I tried it on an additional Vizio 47 inch TV that I have. This TV has four HDMI ports. The XBOX 360 works through HDMI ports 1 an 2...but, ports 3 and 4 say "Not Supported".

I tried it on one more TV---a 32 inch Toshiba, and the XBOX 360 does not work at all in any of the Toshiba's HDMI ports.

So... through my stereo receiver, HDMI ports 3 and 4 of the Vizio and through the Toshiba...the XBOX 360 no longer works via HDMI.

I tried:

- Resetting the Display Settings numerous times

- I cleared the Cache

- I rolled my system back (sort of) so that I could reinstall the February update

- I disabled the Display detection option and then re-enabled it

Nothing has worked so far. I'd really like to continue using it through my Samsung Receiver as opposed to plugging it straight into the TV.

GEMARI DA MAN77, Feb 8, 2014
  4. 2 Slims, 1 Vizio: one works for me, one NOT SUPPORT (+ more details) = STUMPED!

Same thing is happening to me. I brought my older 360 to the girlfriends house playing walking dead (awesome game BTW) works fine on her new Samsung TV tried to hook it back to my vizio and I'm getting the same error NOT SUPPORT. I though it was broken.
    I used the component wire works fiunbe

Intruder-06A53BFA-6C92-49EA-825D-0EAD09328486, Mar 14, 2014
  5. Sun-Tracker Win User

No More Video Output to Monitor

Thanks, but I already tried that via 2 methods:

1) Hooking the 360 Slim up to another Monitor and selecting multiple resolutions known to work with the 2408WFP (tried this with Display Discovery both enabled and disabled), and then switching the 360 Slim to the 2408WFP via hot-swap and standard boot.

2) "Blindly" nagivating the menus while the 360 Slim is hooked up to the 2408WFP and selecting multiple resolution options.

Neither worked.
  6. Ghost Networks Win User

Hey guys just thought I would let you know that I still own my 2006 XBOX 360 and how much its improved.

i have had 2 pro's and 2 elite'sand 1 slim

he is one lucky guy with a 2005 xbox and still working.
  7. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Vizio soundbar

Could you post some more details. Model of the Vizio TV and sound bar. Also what settings you're using under your audio output. Bitstream Dolby or uncompressed stereo for both HDMI and Optical need some more details.
  8. CubanGhost063 Win User

Xbox One X not working in 4k on Vizio TVs

i have a m55-d0 hdmi #1 is way to go make sure you have the subsampling enabled i have all checks across 4k details
  9. Galactic Geek Win User

A More Detailed Controller

I read Sir Angry's post & hinted about it in my original post (feel free to re-read it). If he's using 2 fingers on the triggers/bumpers, that's likely the problem why he's having issues with it. I personally only use my index fingers & switch between the
    2 - it's kind of like driving a car; you can use both feet to drive, but it's probably better if you just used 1 foot. Sir Angry may have his own playstyle, but I would recommend that he try getting used to 1 set of fingers on the trigger rather than 2 - if
    he can get used to that, I can virtually guarantee he'd have a better time with the new controller.
Thema:

1. 2 Slims, 1 Vizio: one works for me, one NOT SUPPORT (+ more details) = STUMPED! - Similar Threads - Slims Vizio works

2. Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PC meant USB controller: Does it work on the USB slot of an Xbox 360 Slim?: Wireless controls for Xbox 360 are quite expensive on official stores, and i unfortunately do't know if the Xbox 360 Slim has a slot (At the front or back panel) for regular Xbox 360 wired...
  3. xbox one slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one slim: Hi there. Will an xbox one slim purchased in the usa work in south africa ? 105d311a-26d1-4412-98cb-f07ff234aaae
  4. app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim (HBO GO app on my Slim Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim (HBO GO app on my Slim Xbox 360): Não consigo achar nem baixar o app da HBO GO no meu Xbox 360 Slim, Porque ? me ajudem por favor ! [Translation] I can't find or download the HBO GO app on my Xbox 360 Slim, why? Help me please!...
  5. Xbox One S has trouble detecting my Seagate Backup-plus slim ssd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S has trouble detecting my Seagate Backup-plus slim ssd: Anytime I turn my Xbox One S off and back on it seems like a craps-shoot on whether it'll re-detect my external hard drive. bcf38420-fed0-4d41-965d-190f99d3ab34
  6. Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim star wars edition shuts off: so when i was younger, i would always leave the xbox 360 on and now, because of that probably, my xbox shuts off after a few moments (not always the same time) and i checked, the cable is fine and...
  7. Xbox 360 slim hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim hdd: Yesterday i tried starting up my old 360 slim, at first it displayed my profile but no gamerscore, checked storage, all is as should be except my main profile was corrupted, so i restarted the...
  8. xbox 360 slim distorted image

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim distorted image: Hi, My xbox 360 slim model shows smudged image. Weird lines and can hardly reading any text. Is this the GPU problem that needs to be replaced or any easy fix? Regards...
  9. Loud Buzzing From Xbox 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Buzzing From Xbox 360 Slim?: Recently, I've been playing Red Dead Redemption on my Slim. I noticed a very loud buzzing noise, is there something wrong with my system? This sound occurs as soon as the game is launched. I've...
  10. error code 8007007A on 360 regular and 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8007007A on 360 regular and 360 slim: I have error code 8007007A on my 360 Xboxes {regular one and slim}. I have tried a hard reset and resetting the internet connection but the code still comes back. in the menus settings the only...