2 Step Authentication Login help

Discus and support 2 Step Authentication Login help in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello - I am in a bit of a pickle. I have 2-step log in authentication enabled on my main MSFT account. I switched jobs and got a new phone number,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MattLormand, Aug 24, 2019.

1. MattLormand
    MattLormand Guest

Hello -

I am in a bit of a pickle. I have 2-step log in authentication enabled on my main MSFT account. I switched jobs and got a new phone number, losing access to the phone number that is the second step of the authentication. I had originally gone through the
    recovery process which entails a 30 day waiting period, however, i got an email saying that it was cancelled. When i try to restart the waiting period i get a message saying "we're not ready for you yet, your account is unable to complete the request" I
    have gotten this message for about a week now. I contacted MSFT support to see what they said and the answer i got was unless you remember the password youre out of luck. I cant imagine this to be true, people sometimes change phone numbers. I would think
    there is a work around. It would be a huge bummer if i lost access to the account as i have several hundred if not thousand dollars worth of games attached to the account.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

:)

MattLormand, Aug 24, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Matt,

Thanks for reply.I recommend to
    contact Customer Support for more assistance with the Microsoft Account. The error
    may be happening due to the cancellation of the previous request.

Hope this helps.
  3. MattLormand Win User

Hey Crystal -

Thank you! That is one of the issue i am having. I cant seem to get that 30 day period restarted. I get a message saying:

"we're not ready for you yet, your account is unable to complete the request"

If it was just a matter of waiting it wouldnt be an issue.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Just reset the password through the secondary email you have provided. If you can't no one can help you with sensible info.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Matt,

Thanks for the reply and update on the issue with the 2-step verification on the Microsoft Account. I recommend reviewing the following articles: How
    to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account
    and When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

• If you lose your contact method, your password alone won't get you back into your account and it can take you 30 days to regain access. You may even lose access to the account. For that reason,
      we strongly recommend you have three pieces of security info associated with your account, just in case.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. MattLormand Win User

Thanks for your reply - I am not sure i understand. I do have access to the email address, but to reset the password they send a code to both your phone and email. and you need both codes to reset.
Thema:

1. 2 Step Authentication Login help - Similar Threads - Step Authentication Login

2. How am i supposed to get a two step verification code if i cant get access to a qr code, or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How am i supposed to get a two step verification code if i cant get access to a qr code, or...: I have tried multiple apps but they all ask me for a manual or a QR code b9636f8b-97a9-4c64-b2ae-ff322a80bb3d
  3. I'm in the Xbox Insiders Program, I followed every step on learn more, and yet I still...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm in the Xbox Insiders Program, I followed every step on learn more, and yet I still...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Redd_9173 [link] [comments]
  4. Step to step mywifiext.net login tips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Step to step mywifiext.net login tips: When you try to access the website http://www.mywifiext.net/ to set up your wireless extender, you might receive an error message or be unable to connect to the site. This can occur because...
  5. Can you change your email if you have 2 step verification on but can't use that email anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you change your email if you have 2 step verification on but can't use that email anymore?: Can anyone help or can i play Digital games on my new tag that i paid for under a old tag a402ed94-c31e-417c-9027-6609653a2e76
  6. Xbox one S won't update/fails at verification step

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won't update/fails at verification step: Im on an insider build 18999.2005, the initial update was a new insider build , that failed at verification, i tried many times and then proceeded to soft reset , hard reset, factory reset ,...
  7. Xbox - Offline System Update failing at step 3 - 42% (over all 76%)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox - Offline System Update failing at step 3 - 42% (over all 76%): Hi, My Xbox One S was unable to startup, so I tried to perform Offline System Update using USB drive. But during offline update using USB, step 1 and step 2 went successful. But during step 3...
  8. Xbox one S won't update/fails at verification step

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one S won't update/fails at verification step: Im on an insider build 18999.2005, the initial update was a new insider build , that failed at verification, i tried many times and then proceeded to soft reset , hard reset, factory reset ,...
  9. Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost 2 step authentication to account(not this one), waited the 30 days to be able to reset...: As It says in the title, I had a Microsoft account but lost my phone containing the two-step authentication. This prompted me to have to recover the account as shown to me on the prompts on my...
  10. multi-step authentication for signing into xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    multi-step authentication for signing into xbox account: I have been trying to find a way to set up multi step authentication for my xbox live account and I can't figure out how to do it, I have read articles on how to do it but they aren't accurate in...