2K Preventing parental control over credit card?

Discus and support 2K Preventing parental control over credit card? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased some "coins" as part of my kids' NBA2k15 game with my credit card. The game will not allow me to delete my credit card from memory--every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohnA12345, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JohnA12345
    JohnA12345 Guest

I purchased some "coins" as part of my kids' NBA2k15 game with my credit card. The game will not allow me to delete my credit card from memory--every time I return to the online store in the game, the info is stored, allowing for further purchases without
    any kind of additional password. I am able to add another credit card, but there is no option to remove the existing credit card. I have corresponded with 2K (creator of the game) support, but even they have thrown up their hands and told me they can't
    figure out how to remove the credit card from the account.

Has anyone had similar issues with Xbox One games where removal of the credit card is either made difficult or impossible?

I have, by the way, removed my card from my Xbox account, but the NBA2k15 game still has the information every time I visit the online store that is part of the game. It appears to completely separate from Microsoft/Xbox's site, even though charges come
    through as having been processed by Microsoft/Xbox. Strangely, those charges do not appear on my Xbox account screens.

:)

JohnA12345, Nov 17, 2014
  2. unable to play downloaded arcade game

I would think that either parental controls are preventing it from playing or the game might be region blocked. If you don't have any parental controls enabled can you provide the name of the game?

eG x Thee Elf, Nov 17, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Not able to download free games

It sounds like there are parental controls preventing this. You can change these from the console itself or the website Xbox.com, or possibly Safety & Privacy settings which require parental authorisation to change.

This page explains these:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

Let us know how you get on or if you have any further questions.

maxen, Nov 17, 2014
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Adult Account No Longer Available...How to Free Child Account?

WHY SHOULD HE BE PAYING IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU GREEDY *calms* oooook
    Who is paying whom for what?

If you mean the credit card charge from parents when they add a child account, this is just to prevent kids from "borrowing" their parent's credit card, and creating an adult account themselves, to take over control of their child account.

If the parents see a suspicious charge from Microsoft on their Credit Card, they will wonder why it's there and then find that their kid tried to circumvent the parental controls without the parent's knowing.

Or what exactly were you referring to?
  5. fredgiblet Win User

UNAUTHORIZED PURCHASES IN CREDIT CARD! TWO CONSECUTIVE MONTHS!

Perhaps you should enable parental controls to prevent purchases? Or remove the credit card from the account? If you log into Amazon and set your kid down in front of the computer is it Amazon's fault when he makes purchases?
  6. mizklon Win User

HELP! My 3 Y.O. Is buying games!!!

7. Miss Kleo Win User

hoy 10 de noviembre no puedo jugar

Hey again bleck997! Are you currently playing on a child account? If you are there may be settings preventing you from playing titles with certain ratings. In that case you'll need to check your

Xbox 360 console parental controls
    to see if you're being prevented from playing those games! Let us know if this is the case!
  8. fueled by hate Win User

Marketplace download help

If you are playing on a Child account perhaps parental controls are preventing you from playing online. You will need to check with your parent or guardian.
Thema:

1. 2K Preventing parental control over credit card? - Similar Threads - Preventing parental control

2. Preventing Save Data From Being Corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Preventing Save Data From Being Corrupted: After I Recently lost my save data for my two games,I've Been thinking how to prevent it from happening again in the future,So Ideas? (For Xbox One) f8192fce-83c9-4d0d-af4c-7655b5c0d0b9
  3. Is there anyway to prevent controller drift?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there anyway to prevent controller drift?: I ordered a new controller yesterday because my old one had really bad drift. Is there anyway to prevent it from happening? I play games for an average 5 hours a day. submitted by /u/Ice_d0g...
  4. Prevent use of adult Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Prevent use of adult Xbox account: I can’t figure out a solution to prevent my kids using my parent account in the following situation: I have an adult microsoft account with 3 family child accounts associated with it. the child...
  5. Another update ruined my game... Any reasonable way to prevent this?

in XboX Insiders
    Another update ruined my game... Any reasonable way to prevent this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/its_kuarters [link] [comments]
  6. Any way to prevent controller from auto turning off after 15 minutes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any way to prevent controller from auto turning off after 15 minutes?: Can i turn this option off? Im using mouse and keyboard with headset conected to the controller but the controller turns off after 15 minutes.. c40fb69d-68a5-415f-bd7c-d1a22e42c3e0
  7. Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?: If not is it possible to implement a way. Im playing on mouse & keyboard and i have a hard drive plugged in too so there is not enough usb ports. So i got my controller plugged into the wall and...
  8. My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ...: Hello, I have just bought a new xbox one, and got connected using my W10 PC account. I thus decided to create a family and add my son, who was already a member of my family on my W10 PC /...
  9. Outdated Parental Account; Microsoft Services Agreement is preventing me from making changes ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Outdated Parental Account; Microsoft Services Agreement is preventing me from making changes ...: So I created my Xbox Account in I think 2009 or 2008 with a parental account but thing is, the cable privider with that parental account (back in 2009 or 8) was different from today however the...
  10. Parental Locks don't prevent file deletion???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Locks don't prevent file deletion???: Is there any way to protect the system settings or more importantly the storage from being deleted? Our son loves our XBox, but he has a tendency to go into the settings and change things, or to...