2nd console

Discus and support 2nd console in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, i have an xbox one with a family account 1 adult 2 kids. Ive just bought an xbox one s. The 2 kids want to play against each other or different... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GrahamMay1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. GrahamMay1
    GrahamMay1 Guest

2nd console

Hi,

i have an xbox one with a family account 1 adult 2 kids. Ive just bought an xbox one s. The 2 kids want to play against each other or different games at the same time. Do i do a network transfer or do i have to change the home console settings?

many thanks!

Graham.

:)

GrahamMay1, Nov 21, 2019
  2. luissolid Win User

2nd console

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

First Remember you can make yout Home console and share your Xbox Live Benefits and your games with anyone that login in that console.

No if you want that your childs play each other... Your Child 1 can use the home console to have access to the game and Xbox Live Gold Account. But the other child need to have Xbox Live Gold and the game.

Regards!
  3. ArminatorX Win User

2nd console

Onyx Is Here is on the right track, but let me explain it in a bit more detail, as you don't set an "account as Home".

First of all, make sure that each user (adult and each kid) have their own accounts. Ideally, one kid has the Gold membership on their account, and buys all the games digitally on their account.

Let's call this account "Kid1"

Since Kid1 has all games and Gold membership connected to the account, Kid1 can sign into any console in the world and play their games.

Kid1 can now go to the "new Xbox One S", and in the settings under "Personalization" set that console as their "Home Console". This will share all of Kid1's games and Gold membership to that "Home Console", and everyone playing on that console can benefit
    from Kid1's Gold membership and digital games.

If you network transfer the games to the new Xbox One S you're just saving yourself the time it takes to re-download the games from the Internet. The most important thing is, that the Home Console shares the purchased games and Gold memberships of the owner
    to everyone playing on that console.

So with everyone else playing on the "Home Console", Kid1 can go to their own console, and play their games, as long as they are connected online. That way, both your kids can play the same game together on two consoles.

If you as a parent bought all the games, you need to set one console as your Home Console, and then be signed in on the other console on a second controller while the other kid is playing on that "non-Home Console".
  4. Merlin4421 Win User

2nd console

Yep I can confirm this works wonderfully.
  5. Gaming Pioneer Win User

2nd console

U dont have to buy a second gold account u can share gold on the other console long as u make the new console ur Home console
  6. AridLizard Win User

2nd console

If you as a parent bought all the games, you need to set one console as your Home Console, and then be signed in on the other console on a second controller while the other kid is playing on that "non-Home Console".
    if you have to go with this method you should set a passkey on purchases so that they can't accidentally make any in game purchases.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

1. Select System > Settings > Account.
    2. Select Sign-in, security & passkey.
    3. Select Create my passkey.
    4. Enter a 6-digit passkey, and then re-enter the passkey to confirm.
    Your passkey has now been set.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select System > Settings > Account.
    • Select Sign-in, security & passkey.
    • Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    • Scroll right and select Customize.
    • Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.
    hope this helps
Thema:

2nd console

1. 2nd console - Similar Threads - 2nd console

2. Just unenrolled 2nd console (my son's), but he is now unable to enroll his console into the...

in XboX Insiders
    Just unenrolled 2nd console (my son's), but he is now unable to enroll his console into the...: Tried to sum it up with the title as much as possible. Basically I've been in the Insider program for a couple years, and about a year ago added his console to my Insider program profile. He...
  3. using xbox live with a 2nd console

in XBoX on Consoles
    using xbox live with a 2nd console: Hello everyone, I have searched and can't seem to figure this out. I have XBox gamepass and XBox Live Gold subscription with my account and have my son set up under my family. However, if I am...
  4. Xbox live on 2nd console won't show for my son unless I log in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on 2nd console won't show for my son unless I log in: Hi When my son is playing on our console he is not able to see all online play for Destiny 2. I have to go and log myself in, in order for gold to be accessible to him. Our home console is our...
  5. Unable to Configure 2nd Controller to my Xbox One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Configure 2nd Controller to my Xbox One S console: Hi Xbox Team, I have recently purchased an Additional Controller (Pirates of Sea Model) for my Xbox one S . Some how by watching videos in You Tube, i have connected 2nd controller to my...
  6. Minecraft worlds not syncing to cloud; can't see the same world on a 2nd xbox one console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft worlds not syncing to cloud; can't see the same world on a 2nd xbox one console: I own two xbox one consoles. My two sons and I play Minecraft together (not the Xbox one edition). A few months ago we were having no problems loading a world on one xbox, and then on another...
  7. Do I need Xbox Live Gold on 2nd console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need Xbox Live Gold on 2nd console?: Hi there, Sorry for noob question, but need to be 100% sure before I spend more money. I have 2 consoles: Xbox1 and Xbox1X. We'd like to play Don't Starve Together on both. My account is the...
  8. Cannot get 2nd account to connect to family xbox gold on same console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get 2nd account to connect to family xbox gold on same console: Hi - I created an account for my 10 year old on our xbox one. My account was already there with xbox gold working regularly -- he's been using mine to play all kinds of multiplayer interactive...
  9. Game sharing with my 2nd console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing with my 2nd console: Hello friends, I have few questions in regards to sharing games. I have an old xbox one which I use at home with xbox gold subscription. I have lots of digital games on it, my job has lot of...
  10. Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up a used/2nd hand console, and payment option locale diff.?: I bought a used/2nd hand console and I want to erase everything, remove old persons account and set it up for my account, how can I do that, what precautions should be taken? There is a...