2nd Xbox-transferring games etc

Discus and support 2nd Xbox-transferring games etc in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, my 8 year old has an xbox one with some games on discs & some downloaded on the console, I no longer live in the house & I have bought him an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BelowLeague, Aug 14, 2019.

1. BelowLeague
    BelowLeague Guest

Hello, my 8 year old has an xbox one with some games on discs & some downloaded on the console, I no longer live in the house & I have bought him an xbox one for my house, my question is, is there an easy way for him to play his downloaded games on the new
    xbox without deleting them from his old one?

Also he plays minecraft a lot (on disc) i think i may know the answer to this but is there a way he can bring his worlds onto the new xbox or will he have to create new ones?? Apologies if these seem basic questions but I have never had an xbox so not too
    sure but would like to get it set up as good as possible for him when he comes at the weekend. Many thanks.

:)

BelowLeague, Aug 14, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

Thanks very much for all your help, I will have it set up for when he arrives on Saturday & we will download all the games then, there won't be an issue with logging in at the same time as I will (try!!) not to use it when he is not there :)
    you can make the console at your house your Son's Home Xbox then you can log in with your own account and have access to his games and use of his Xbox Live Gold/Game pass without having to log into your Son's account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. LunaLight7 Win User

I'm sorry to ruin the party but the licenses of the games cannot be transferred, you can only do redownloads on other devices.

However if you are referring to sharing games you can do it by setting the console as Home.
  4. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Hello,
    If the account with which I buy the xbox games is put as xbox prinila in the console that is in your house, he can play those games without problem.
    For maincraft worlds you only need to install the game in the new console and start the game with the profile with which those worlds were created in the previous console
  5. ThorX360 Win User

Hello, my 8 year old has an xbox one with some games on discs & some downloaded on the console, I no longer live in the house & I have bought him an xbox one for my house, my question is, is there an easy way for him to play his downloaded games on the new
    xbox without deleting them from his old one?

Also he plays minecraft a lot (on disc) i think i may know the answer to this but is there a way he can bring his worlds onto the new xbox or will he have to create new ones?? Apologies if these seem basic questions but I have never had an xbox so not too
    sure but would like to get it set up as good as possible for him when he comes at the weekend. Many thanks.
    Hi,

if he can use the same profile on both consoles and both can connect to Xbox Live, he can use all digital games, all saves and all contents every time he wants.

There is only one restriction: you can't login with the same profile on two (or more) console at the same time.

Here you can find some useful information:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/profile-storage-changes
  6. ArminatorX Win User

... I will look into setting up the xbox at mine as his the home one so he can play his games when he is here.
    If his account bought the games, he can play his own games anywhere on any console, home console or not.

It's OTHERS that need his home console to be able to play his games.

DO NOT unnecessarily change the Home Console setting for his account, as there are only 5 Home Console changes per 365 days!

If he uses his own account, he always has access to his games.

Only if YOU want access to YOUR SON'S games, you need to set the console YOU play on as your son's Home Console.

Otherwise, please do not change the Home Console setting for your son!
Thema:

1. 2nd Xbox-transferring games etc - Similar Threads - 2nd transferring games

2. Ambassadors need 2nd chances due to hicups . or more options to appeal what the situation is

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ambassadors need 2nd chances due to hicups . or more options to appeal what the situation is: i was an ambassador for many years and then i got a mic ban , this was a mistake and i cant stick up for my self, im saddened by the fact i worked so hard for the ambassador program and then...
  3. August 2nd : New Preview Alpha Ring 1908 Update (1908.190731-1920)

in XboX Insiders
    August 2nd : New Preview Alpha Ring 1908 Update (1908.190731-1920): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  4. Major Issue After update August 2nd

in XboX Insiders
    Major Issue After update August 2nd: I updated my console this morning on my Xbox One S. And after it turned all my console audio to a harsh robotic sound almost unbearable. It effects my games, media apps and even dashboard. Any...
  5. Xbox Requests: Week of August 2nd, 2019

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of August 2nd, 2019: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  6. ToS Violation - User Used a 2nd Account to Avoid the Penalties of a Communications Ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    ToS Violation - User Used a 2nd Account to Avoid the Penalties of a Communications Ban: Hello, I was told by a techie at 1-800-4-my-xbox that posting here is the right course of action regarding this complaint. An Xbox LIVE user,[Mod Removed - See Xbox Forum Guidelines] messaged me...
  7. Why is "Alcatraz Portal Quads" on for the 2nd time in 2 weeks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is "Alcatraz Portal Quads" on for the 2nd time in 2 weeks?: I know that 2 weeks ago it was in Blackout and 1 week ago it was "Hot Pursuit", now its on again. If it is rotating timed game modes right, "Ground War" should be on this week. I've only played...
  8. I can't use Ultimate Pass, 2nd part

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't use Ultimate Pass, 2nd part: Hello! Take this reference: [Mod Removed - Personal Information] Well, it seems that my account was banned since 2012 but there was no information about it on enforcement.xbox.com. There is...
  9. July 2nd : New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190630-1920)

in XboX Insiders
    July 2nd : New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190630-1920): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  10. Why is this function broken on every 2nd update? I'm tired to create a new ticket every time.

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this function broken on every 2nd update? I'm tired to create a new ticket every time.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]