2Wire: Cant receive game invites from anyone but people on friends list

Discus and support 2Wire: Cant receive game invites from anyone but people on friends list in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Cant receive game invites from anyone but people on friends list Its been weeks and I can not figure out why I can not receive... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Sloto200, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Sloto200
    Sloto200 Guest

2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Cant receive game invites from anyone but people on friends list
    Its been weeks and I can not figure out why I can not receive game invites from people who are not on my friends list. I have deleted my account off my xbox and reloaded it. I have checked my account settings and privacy settings several times. Nothing
    I do seem to work. Does anyone else have a fix for this? I have googled my issue and found nothing.

:)

Sloto200, Feb 15, 2017
  2. Sloto200
    Sloto200 Guest
    cant receive game invites from people not on friends list

I dont have a settings or privacy issue that I'm aware of. I can not receive game or party invites from people on my friends list. I dont receive them 100% of the time on people that are on my friends list. I cant figure this out. Can someone help please?

Sloto200, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

I suspect Misses Quinzel had a slight forgetful moment and meant to say that it's not affecting friends. You'll still want to run through her suggestions first before we can try other things. 2Wire: Cant receive game invites from anyone but people on friends list :)

Miss Bijoux, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

The problem is not with friends. People on my friends list can invite me. People who are not on my list can send me messages but nothing else.
    I suspect Misses Quinzel had a slight forgetful moment and meant to say that it's not affecting friends. You'll still want to run through her suggestions first before we can try other things. :)
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, Sloto!

Sorry to see any issues with game and party invites! Sometimes an outage can affect these, sometimes it can be network related. Since it's specifically affecting friends, it might be something else. Just to be sure, check out your
    Xbox Settings to ensure your privacy settings have it set up to allow everyone to send you communications. (It's in the middle under Others can:.) I don't know what would cause
    this, but it could be set to Block for some reason.

If that's not showing as blocked, first
    remove your profile
    from your console. After that, I suggest changing everything you have in those settings linked above to allow or so everyone can see it. Be sure to hit Save after! Then change any settings you might have set up back
    to what you have. Perform a quick power cycle on your console (hold the power button for 10 seconds), and then download your profile again. Have someone send you an invite and let us know how it goes!

This is definitely an odd situation. Hopefully that gets you sorted out, but we're happy to dig further with you if it doesn't. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. Sloto200 Win User

The problem is not with friends. People on my friends list can invite me. People who are not on my list can send me messages but nothing else.
  7. SilentGamer895 Win User

Xbox one preview program

Hi there EightZero3 you will not receive an invite from anyone on here, its recommended you ask people on your friends list(bound to be one in the preview program) for an invite. Head on over to the general discussion forums for a invite.
  8. Bennym52 Win User

Not receiving invites from people not on my friends list

Hi there, my privacy settings do allow for invites from everyone. Could it be I need to forward the ports on my router and set a static IP? Or would a LAN cable connection eliminate any NAT type errors?
Thema:

1. 2Wire: Cant receive game invites from anyone but people on friends list - Similar Threads - 2Wire Cant receive

2. 2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360? Hello JoyW71, Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, that wireless adapter has not been...
  3. 2Wire: NAT Type

2Wire: NAT Type: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): NAT Type Hello! You would want an open NAT for gaming online. If you're running any sort of router (including one from your service provider) you're using NAT....
  4. 2Wire: mode "en ligne" défectueux

2Wire: mode "en ligne" défectueux: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): mode "en ligne" défectueux try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on, and then re-adding...
  5. 2Wire 2Wire 2701HG-B: My xbox says I cant connect to internet will someone help? 0x90070490

2Wire 2Wire 2701HG-B: My xbox says I cant connect to internet will someone help? 0x90070490: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701HG-B (ATT): My xbox says I cant connect to internet will someone help? 0x90070490 My xbox says I cant connect to internet will someone help? 0x90070490 with this...
  6. 2Wire: I cant make friend home it say couldnt save changes

2Wire: I cant make friend home it say couldnt save changes: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): I cant make friend home it say couldnt save changes home xbox keep saying coundnt save changes bf34d46e-e5d3-4a6e-a98c-78e00c3cc7a8
  7. 2Wire: i cant send messages to anybody

2Wire: i cant send messages to anybody: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): i cant send messages to anybody since ive had my Xbox one, Since christmas i havent been able to send any messages to anyone. dc4f2923-5971-49bd-a4bb-4dfe3e452a27
  8. 2Wire: Cant join a club

2Wire: Cant join a club: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Cant join a club I have all restrictions turned off. deleted and re added a profile, Use to be able to use things that people created but now I cant. Please help...
  9. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: I cant send masseges why...? I've bought this xb1 one month ago ...

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: I cant send masseges why...? I've bought this xb1 one month ago ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): I cant send masseges why...? I've bought this xb1 one month ago everthing is working excpt masseges i cant send massages .. eveything is...
  10. 2Wire: got banned from talking for no reason and now i cant play 2k my park. this is making me ...

2Wire: got banned from talking for no reason and now i cant play 2k my park. this is making me ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): got banned from talking for no reason and now i cant play 2k my park. this is making me very upset. Game developers have the ability to build game-specific security into...