2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house

Discus and support 2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house My Xbox power supply started smoking today in our guest room... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by GamerX7173, Mar 17, 2017.

1. GamerX7173
    GamerX7173 Guest

2Wire (Modems/Gateways): My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house
    My Xbox power supply started smoking today in our guest room and because someone was there we prevented the house from burning down.I still have many questions like if my Xbox is broken because of it will Microsoft send me a replacement, is it safe for me
    to plug my power supply back in and see if it works and if the power supply will still work with my Xbox? I want to know what I can do and please answer my questions because I don't know what I'm going to do. Also today the power went off and on when it was
    plugged in so that something to do with it?

:)

GamerX7173, Mar 17, 2017
  2. Smoke from the PSU

I will assume that smoke from the power supply unit on my 360 is a bad thing. Is it going to burn down my house and where do I get a new one?

FactorialGrub87, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Power cable/supply nearly caught fire...

Xbox overheated badly last night, power cord/supply melted down and nearly caught fire (setting off smoke alarms) while kids were playing --- they thought I was burning something! Will Xbox work with replacment cord/power supply; if do where do I find one?
    Thx 2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house :)

WilyGore424797, Mar 17, 2017
  4. spoonmonster Win User

Any one had this problem

No warrenty a year out and 179 for a replacement bit of a joke can walk in the shop and buy one for nearly that but its ok that it could of burnt my house down and it is 15 pound for a replacent power supply of ebay
  5. Mrsleezebag1964 Win User

Xbox One Smoking

My Xbox wouldn't turn on a few days ago. Power supply was orange. Bought a new power supply per the suggestion of the Xbox rep. Plugged in new power supply... same problem. Orange light, wouldn't boot. Took my console to a Microsoft store. Technician
    plugged it in. Wouldn't start. He tried to eject the game, and then a burning electronic smell started. Smoke started pouring out of the vent on top. I quickly told him and he unplugged it and told me there was nothing he could do to help me.... chatting
    with support now.

This really sucks though! I bought the console at launch and spent $500, now I'll have to spend about another $150 to fix it! For the $650 I will have to invest in this system, I almost could have bought 2 brand new Xbox Ones. Sigh.... This will be the
    last time I ever buy a new MS product. Had 4 Xbox 360's and I bought it at launch too. What a joke.
  6. mbilalathar Win User

Using a UK 220w power brick with my new US Xbox One

hi how did you get a replacement of power supply in saudi arabia. I did the same mistake and my power supply is burned. I am not sure if it has damaged the console or no
  7. DominumStige Win User

xbox one power brick problem

If the power supply was very hot and it smelt of burn, it probably has problems with the electric capacitors. My advice is to replace it as soon as possible. Alternatively, try using a compressor to remove dust accumulated from the holes. In this way, you
    will not smell burnt (because the dust burns if there is heat) and try again using the power supply in a ventilated place.
  8. bazneedsbeer Win User

Bad power supply unit. I was told by xbox.

My xbox was working fine.

But then my power brick started smoking and buzzing.

Im now trying to get a replacement.

Not happy.
Thema:

1. 2Wire: My Xbox power supply started smoking and nearly burned my house - Similar Threads - 2Wire power supply

2. 2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Does Microsoft still sell the wireless adapter for xbox 360? Hello JoyW71, Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Unfortunately, that wireless adapter has not been...
  3. 2Wire: NAT Type

2Wire: NAT Type: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): NAT Type Hello! You would want an open NAT for gaming online. If you're running any sort of router (including one from your service provider) you're using NAT....
  4. 2Wire: mode "en ligne" défectueux

2Wire: mode "en ligne" défectueux: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): mode "en ligne" défectueux try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on, and then re-adding...
  5. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: What’s going on here

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: What’s going on here: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): What’s going on here Check this link for a possible solution:...
  6. 2Wire: Booty service

2Wire: Booty service: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Booty service ​My club’s (All Femmes Fatales) feed appears locked but no suspensions or bans exist for the owner or admins. Furthermore I created a new club as a test...
  7. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-S: Xbox One X forgetting the WiFi settings

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-S: Xbox One X forgetting the WiFi settings: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-S (Sasktel): Xbox One X forgetting the WiFi settings Try a hard reset of the xbox hold the home button for 8 seconds till it completely shuts off and unplug...
  8. 2Wire: Xbox one s it does not let me add any profile in my xbox it just stays loading and it's ...

2Wire: Xbox one s it does not let me add any profile in my xbox it just stays loading and it's ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Xbox one s it does not let me add any profile in my xbox it just stays loading and it's removed try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart, hold the...
  9. 2Wire 2Wire 3801HGV: My power box will not work for my Xbox one will I have to get a new ...

2Wire 2Wire 3801HGV: My power box will not work for my Xbox one will I have to get a new ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 3801HGV: My power box will not work for my Xbox one will I have to get a new console Hi, Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Power Supply for your Console....
  10. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-S: This support number is ****. I've been on hold for over 45 minutes now.

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-S: This support number is ****. I've been on hold for over 45 minutes now.: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-S (Sasktel): This support number is ****. I've been on hold for over 45 minutes now. For your IP address you should contact your Internet Provider...