2Wire: Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4?

Discus and support 2Wire: Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4? Xbox One can connect to networks using two protocols that allow... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by HotshotSpy49019, Feb 12, 2017.

1. 2Wire: Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4?

2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4?
    Xbox One can connect to networks using two protocols that allow devices to transmit information: the traditional IPv4 communications protocol, and its newer version, IPv6. For Xbox One to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have
    IPv6 enabled, and your Internet service provider (ISP) must support IPv6.

For more info: IPv6 on Xbox One

:)

HotshotSpy49019, Feb 12, 2017
  2. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Change ipv4 to ipv6

2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Change ipv4 to ipv6
    How do i change ipv4 to ipv6 on router or modem i have?

HortyQuotient59, Feb 12, 2017
  3. Simon Mattes
    Simon Mattes Guest
    Native IPv6 Support

Same question here.

I love my Xbox and the "ipv6 support".

But the required tunneling over ipv4 via teredo is pathetic.

I am on a native ipv6 network. To use party chat I have to leave my ipv6 network and use a virtual ipv4 address, just to use teredo to join the ipv6 network again.

Microsoft; when is native ipv6 support planned for the Xbox one?

Regards

-Simon

Simon Mattes, Feb 12, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Xbox One can connect to networks using two protocols that allow devices to transmit information: the traditional IPv4 communications protocol, and its newer version, IPv6. For Xbox One to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have

For more info: IPv6 on Xbox One

M3tal Daz3, Feb 12, 2017
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

For more info: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/ipv6-on-xbox-one
  6. Simon Mattes Win User

Native IPv6 Support

Same question here.

I love my Xbox and the "ipv6 support".

But the required tunneling over ipv4 via teredo is pathetic.

I am on a native ipv6 network. To use party chat I have to leave my ipv6 network and use a virtual ipv4 address, just to use teredo to join the ipv6 network again.

Microsoft; when is native ipv6 support planned for the Xbox one?

Regards

-Simon
  7. AlucardDrakLord Win User

2Wire: why am i bannd

u guys have made a mistake
  8. Cartoonite Win User

Frequent Repeated XBox Live Connection Interruptions

[quote user="Irixion"]If I may ask, why do you have an E1200 if the Bell device is a modem/router combo? Do you have the 2wire Modem/Router set to just modem?[/quote]

The 2wire device is operating as a modem/router. The E1200 is (was) operating as a wireless bridge. That is, the E1200 provided a wireless link to the 2wire device for several devices that only support wired connections. It was the only way to get wired devices
    upstairs connected to the 2wire without running cables through the house or walls.

The connectivity path at that time was:

360 -> RJ45 cable -> E1200 -> wireless link -> 2wire -> RJ11 cable -> Internet

Now that I have a cable running up from downstairs to a switch in the next room, the E1200 is operating as a switch. The 360 is connected to one of the LAN ports and there is a cable running from a different LAN port to the switch in the next room.

The desired connectivity path is 360 -> E1200 -> 2wire using all wired links but the cable that was supposed to make that possible isn't working so for now the extra hop is required.

I am reasonably certain that the 2wire device is configured properly since all devices on the network are able to access the internet as expected. Even when the problem 360 is disconnected from Live, connectivity to the internet is maintained. Also, this
    networking setup worked flawlessly for a year or so and there were no changes when my issues first started.
  9. LegendarySpiva Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live

I am 100% sure. I have never had a 2Wire modem connect to xbox live. I know some things that are not on that list work fine. 2Wires in my experience do not work.
Thema:

1. 2Wire: Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4? - Similar Threads - 2Wire Why required

2. 2Wire 2Wire 3801HGV: I payed for a 12 month prescription on Xbox I am wondering why my online ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire 2Wire 3801HGV: I payed for a 12 month prescription on Xbox I am wondering why my online ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 3801HGV: I payed for a 12 month prescription on Xbox I am wondering why my online is not working Sorry to hear it. It can take some time for the membership to...
  3. 2Wire: why did i have 90000 + points and the next day have zero

2Wire: why did i have 90000 + points and the next day have zero: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): why did i have 90000 + points and the next day have zero playing a game had 90000 + points i came back the next day and had zero what a rip off...
  4. 2Wire: why am i bannd

2Wire: why am i bannd: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): why am i bannd u guys have made a mistake 915ea3bc-e1b9-4dfd-a89a-455f61f78212
  5. 2Wire: Why am i still banned

2Wire: Why am i still banned: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Why am i still banned Hi, you can review the available details of your current suspension at the following link Enforcement Please note, however, that the ban would be...
  6. 2Wire: Why do I have to pay twice?

2Wire: Why do I have to pay twice?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Why do I have to pay twice? When i had my 360 i baught all the zombie maps now that im on box1(with the same username) I have to rebuy all the maps? Has anyone else had...
  7. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Why i was banned from the xbox live

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Why i was banned from the xbox live: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Why i was banned from the xbox live Xbox Enforcement does not act over the forums anymore - you can talk directly to them via a case review....
  8. 2Wire: MSbingo is having lots of problems connecting, why?

2Wire: MSbingo is having lots of problems connecting, why?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): MSbingo is having lots of problems connecting, why? MSbingo is awful and I want to know why? 60995e52-ff02-4eb8-982c-ab0cb6cfe959
  9. 2Wire: Banned why

2Wire: Banned why: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Banned why I need to know why my Xbox account was banned CalllMeeeConnor not sure in right place 053a90c1-6e09-4866-9a3e-182bdc2de07a
  10. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Why?

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Why?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Why? Try removing the account from the console, doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on, and then...