2Wire: Xbox One gaming limit???

Discus and support 2Wire: Xbox One gaming limit??? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Xbox One gaming limit??? anyone have any idea when the ability to set time limits for gaming on the Xbox one will go live?... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AngrySquaral63, Mar 3, 2017.

1. 2Wire: Xbox One gaming limit???

2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Xbox One gaming limit???
    anyone have any idea when the ability to set time limits for gaming on the Xbox one will go live?

:)

AngrySquaral63, Mar 3, 2017
  2. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Xbox one not reading games anymore

2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Xbox one not reading games anymore
    Game licenses are tied the an Xbox account. Not the Xbox itself.

So in order to play the games you bought you have to use the account that was used to purchase them.

RichUnicorn4244, Mar 3, 2017
  3. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Lego Worlds Xbox One - could not save data

2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Lego Worlds Xbox One - could not save data
    Still no fix for this error? Why do I have a console that won't play the games made for it?

IndianaJones409, Mar 3, 2017
  4. MatchstickMan26 Win User

Connection problem over here...

It is a 2wire 2701HG-B. I believe it is a modem/router. I have two different Ethernet cords running from the 2wire, it can have up to 4. One runs to my PC, the other runs to my Xbox.
  5. FervantGuide Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live

So if ATT can't give me a compatible router, I guess I have to go out and buy one that is compatible. Any chance XBOX is going to make 2WIRE compatible?? Any chance that they could let customers know up front that 2Wire routers are not compatible. I clearly
    told thesales agent at Dell that I had ATT 2Wire router when I bought the XBOX from them.
  6. taidara Win User

Frequent Repeated XBox Live Connection Interruptions

Sorry for the late reply!

[quote user="Cartoonite"]I finally got a working network cable running up through the walls into the room and connected the 360 directly to the 2wire modem.[/quote]Did you actually have your Xbox 360 directly connected to the 2wire gateway, or did you have
    any networking device connected in between this path?

It would be great if you are able to find out the model number of your 2wire gateway.

Could you try, once more, to directly connect your Xbox 360 with an Eternet Cable to the 2wire gateway, but this time, make sure you disconnect your second Xbox 360, along with the Xbox One, from your network.

Disable UPnP and reboot your 2wire gateway.

Enable UPnP and reboot your 2wire gateway.

This procedure will refresh the map table.

If it's possible, are you able to try and connect your console on a different network (friends house), to verify if this is exclusively tied to your network, or not.

Keep us posted!
  7. demenace Win User

Network will not assign IP address to XBOX

Your issue may come from the setup your using. Putting another router behind a 2wire router does not work very well. 2wire devices are both modems and routers, in one device. So you typically do not need another router, like a Netgear, behind it. Although
    this should not prevent you from getting an IP address, it will affect your connection to Xbox Live. If you want to use a Netgear router behind the 2Wire, you should put the 2Wire in "bridge" mode. That would make it act more like a standard modem.
  8. taidara Win User

Frequent Repeated XBox Live Connection Interruptions

I think I may have confused you with my suggestion, by connecting the failing Xbox directly to the router. In this equation, I'm not referring to your Linksys E1200, but instead the 2wire gateway.

You mentioned that you already have one of your Xbox 360's connected directly to the router/modem (2wire). I would like you to try with the exact same setup as your working Xbox 360, but with the failing 360 machine connected directly to your 2wire gateway,
    without the Linksys E1200 in transit, or any other networking device for that matter. With the exception for the failing Xbox 360 and your 2wire gateway.

Topology:

2wire (gateway) ------ Ethernet -------
    Xbox 360
    (the failing console).

Before you go ahead, go to Xbox System Settings and select
    Network settings
    . Select connection type and Configure Network. On the
    Additional settings tab select Restore network settings to factory settings.

Turn off your Xbox.

Turn off your 2wire gateway and let it sit for a couple of minutes.

Turn on the 2wire and wait one minute for it to connect properly and wire your failing Xbox 360 the exact same way as your working Xbox 360.

Now on your console, head back to Network Settings and select
    Test Xbox Live Connection.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.

Thanks!
Thema:

2Wire: Xbox One gaming limit???

1. 2Wire: Xbox One gaming limit??? - Similar Threads - 2Wire gaming limit

2. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-S: No audio from game

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-S: No audio from game: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-S (Sasktel): No audio from game first step try to power cycle the console, press and hold for 10 seconds the power button... bd1d47d4-d57d-4552-9ffe-cddb342c863a
  3. 2Wire 2Wire 3600HGV and 3800HGV-B: I can’t play online games

2Wire 2Wire 3600HGV and 3800HGV-B: I can’t play online games: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 3600HGV and 3800HGV-B: I can’t play online games Delete the game, restart the console and download the game again 15be178b-69fe-4b10-9727-35444b81fade
  4. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: I am trying to play some online games and enter parties with my pals ...

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: I am trying to play some online games and enter parties with my pals ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): I am trying to play some online games and enter parties with my pals but I need to connect to xbox Check this link for a possible solution:...
  5. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Xbox one not reading games anymore

2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Xbox one not reading games anymore: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Xbox one not reading games anymore Game licenses are tied the an Xbox account. Not the Xbox itself. So in order to play the games you...
  6. 2Wire: my 360 will not play 360 games it say to put them in a 360 console it plays moveis and ...

2Wire: my 360 will not play 360 games it say to put them in a 360 console it plays moveis and ...: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): my 360 will not play 360 games it say to put them in a 360 console it plays moveis and music cd just It means that YOUR CONSOLE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM PLAYING GAMES AND IF...
  7. 2Wire: original Xbox games on Xbox one release date too vague?

2Wire: original Xbox games on Xbox one release date too vague?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): original Xbox games on Xbox one release date too vague? I think Microsoft and Xbox.com need to be more specific.on the details about the backwards compatibility of...
  8. 2Wire: 360 games on X BOX One - no screen time limit?

2Wire: 360 games on X BOX One - no screen time limit?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): 360 games on X BOX One - no screen time limit? Hi guys, I'm not being a killjoy here but I do need some help as its affecting my Sons temperament and school work. I...
  9. 2Wire: Won't let me on most games mostly disc only kinda a little tries for dlc

2Wire: Won't let me on most games mostly disc only kinda a little tries for dlc: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Won't let me on most games mostly disc only kinda a little tries for dlc It just won't let me om mostly any game plus my Microsoft acc says on the Xbox last seen rainbow...
  10. 2Wire: Games freezing

2Wire: Games freezing: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Games freezing Games are freezing I am not going to pay you for games you said were free and now you want us to pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a company of your word!...