3.5mm jack on controller not working

Discus and support 3.5mm jack on controller not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The 3.5 mm audio jack doesn't seem to be working in none of the 3 controllers I have. I have tested with different headsets / controller combinations.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ragwho, Mar 25, 2020.

1. ragwho
    ragwho Guest

The 3.5 mm audio jack doesn't seem to be working in none of the 3 controllers I have. I have tested with different headsets / controller combinations.

There seems to be similar issues after software updates posted on the forum but with no solutions.

The same headsets and controllers used to work before and it only seems to be after a few software updates, but don't know which ones as I have not needed the headsets for a while.

I have previously plugged in all sorts of 3.5 mm jack headsets and they have all worked, so compatibility has not been an issue.

I have tried all settings tweaks / reset etc. So please don't paste generic answers

:)

ragwho, Mar 25, 2020
  2. aleast00 Win User

Headphones nor chat are working

The controller just has the 3.5mm jack the XBox One S did not come with the stero headset controller...just plugging into the 3.5mm jack worked for a few weeks right out of the box
  3. Golden Fire J Win User

Cannot hear audio when headphones connected to my Xbox one controller

Thanks everyone. Since I was smart enough to get insurance on the controller, it worked out. The 3.5mm jack was jacked up,,, I got the money to get another controller. Not sure how the 3.5mm jack became faulty, but a new controller fixed all those issues.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Arctis 7 headphones

Yes, I believe you need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack to connect the headset to the socket in the controller for these headphones to work.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Headset and controller

It could well be the 3.5mm jack socket that has been damaged. If you can, try your headset on a friends controller, to see if it works. The cheapest way around this is a headset adapter, that plugs into the controller and has a 3.5mm jack in it.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Headset Mic issues with Xbox One S

Hi Shlock,

Please let us know if the adapter works for you. This has worked for many others, as the headset plugs into the adapter. Then the adapter plugs into the controller different than the 3.5mm jack. Seems the 3.5mm jack is the issue.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. 3.5mm jack on controller not working - Similar Threads - 5mm jack controller

2. Jack del pad malfunzionante [Malfunctioning pad jack]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jack del pad malfunzionante [Malfunctioning pad jack]: Buongirono a tutti,io poco tempo fa ho acquistato un controller Xbox one bianco,e immediatamente ha avuto un problema con l entrata delle cuffie,provato con auricolari headset Xbox e altre cuffie...
  3. habilidades do jack sumiram -[Translation - jack's skills are gone]

in XBoX on Windows
    habilidades do jack sumiram -[Translation - jack's skills are gone]: Estava jogando online e simplesmente sumiram, alguem teve o mesmo problema ou sabe resolver ? -[Translation - I was playing online and they just disappeared, did anyone have the same problem or...
  4. Xbox Controller Headphone jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Headphone jack not working: I tried to use my headset, and they where working but not with a game, so i unplugged them and turned my controller off, then plugged it back in and turned the controller, and all of the sudden...
  5. Xbox One Controller: Low Audio Output through 3.5mm Jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller: Low Audio Output through 3.5mm Jack: I recently bought a second xbox one controller. When I plug my mic into the new controller the audio output is ~25% the total volume of my old controller. I'm thinking its a hardware problem as...
  6. Gears 5 Jack's abilities

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Jack's abilities: Having an issue with Jack's abilities disappearing once I get to Act 2. Any idea how to fix it? 894ccd7f-5002-400d-ba3b-5917708c349f
  7. Game Pass: The Jack Box TV party pack 3 - installation error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass: The Jack Box TV party pack 3 - installation error: With us all been on lockdown myself and a few friends were going to facetime and play jackbox together.. i noticed party pack 3 was on game pass so thought it was a bargain to pay £10.99 to be...
  8. XBOX One S - 3.5mm jack headset - others can't hear me on chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S - 3.5mm jack headset - others can't hear me on chat: Hello, I am having the same issue as a lot of users here: microphone is not working on my console (nobody can hear me on chat and can't use voice commands). I am using a regular 3.5mm headphones...
  9. headset with jack 3.5

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset with jack 3.5: Hi my gamer Headset is connect on Xbox One controller with jack 3.5 mm , I get the sound for chatting that s ok but how to get the gaming sound ? please any solution let me know . My headset is...
  10. Xbox One audio jack on Windows.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One audio jack on Windows.: I'm sorry for the question but I don't seem to find this specific answer. If I buy two Xbox One controllers to play split-screen shooters and RPG's with my girlfriend on windows. will each of us...