3 Months Xbox Game Pass for $1 Deal Questions

Discus and support 3 Months Xbox Game Pass for $1 Deal Questions in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I checked the FAQs for the 3 months Xbox Game Pass for $1 deal but unfortunately there was no answer to my question. Here is the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by King Johnny IV, May 13, 2019.

1. 3 Months Xbox Game Pass for $1 Deal Questions

Hey everyone!

I checked the FAQs for the 3 months Xbox Game Pass for $1 deal but unfortunately there was no answer to my question.

Here is the situation:

I haven't used xbox game pass ever on my account so I am a new subscriber. I have $5.94 in my account (from Microsoft rewards). When I click join for this deal, it says I need more than $1 to cover the costs for price after the 3 months are over. I click
    on How do you want to pay the rest? button and I put in my credit card info. My question (before joining) is that will the $1+tax be charged on store credit or on my credit card? I do not want to pay $9.99/month after (I have an extra month code I want to
    use the code after I have claimed this deal to have 4 months). I can and know how to cancel recurring payment.

:)

King Johnny IV, May 13, 2019
  2. sicken canable Win User

If u have subscribed before u cant get the 3 months for a 1
  3. Paul1708 Win User

ok thank you. So was wrong (no offensive Paul). I got real scared because even though it is only $1, I want to use it on my account rather than pay with "real money".
    Sure no worries apologizes
  4. King Johnny IV Win User

ok thank you. So Paul1708 was wrong (no offensive Paul). I got real scared because even though it is only $1, I want to use it on my account rather than pay with "real money".
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey King

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In regards to this matter, I will quote what is displayed on the
    Xbox Game Pass
    page: 3 Months for $1: Not valid for existing subscribers. Limit: 1 offer per account; credit card required. Offer valid from 4/11/2019 9:00 PM PDT though 5/12/2019 11:59 PDT and only through link in this offer, in all Xbox Game Pass
    markets excluding Quebec and Russia. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. After promotional period, subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular quarterly price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Credit
    card required. Game catalog varies over time.

That was the long answer.

Short answer is:

The notification you receive makes it very clear that you would be paying with the currency on your account, but that it only requires a payment instrument in order to pay for the recurring payments.

I myself paid of the subscription using my Microsoft Account balance, so I can vouch that you will be able to purchase, and you can just turn the auto renew off on your subscription afterwards.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have caused.
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

It is after your subscription has expired that you can take advantage of this deal, also if you purchased it, you will need to go in and turn off recurring billing in order to not be charged your 9.99 month fee after the 3 months
Thema:

1. 3 Months Xbox Game Pass for $1 Deal Questions - Similar Threads - Months Game Pass

2. Game Pass offer went from $1 for 1 month to $1 for 3 months two days after I purchased my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass offer went from $1 for 1 month to $1 for 3 months two days after I purchased my...: I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but it just seems pretty unfair to offer 3 months for $1 when people had just DAYS before purchased only 1 month for $1 because that's all that was...
  3. Hot deal Xbox 3 month game pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hot deal Xbox 3 month game pass: Went to buy 3 months with points but went to old email i no longer use so i would need another code sent to new email i use today i went from aol email to a g mail....
  4. I claimed a code for 6 months of Xbox game pass and it won’t let me download the games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I claimed a code for 6 months of Xbox game pass and it won’t let me download the games: I bought a 6 month game pass code yessterday, but when i claimed the code and whent to download a couble of games it said i needed to buy game pass even though i claimed the code. Can some please...
  5. Xbox Game Pass $1 First Month Promotion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass $1 First Month Promotion: I tried the begin the $1 month promotion and am met with the full subscription cost when trying to initiate it. I have contacted once already and was suggested to begin a question here to...
  6. Xbox Game Pass SlingTV one month for a dollar promotion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass SlingTV one month for a dollar promotion: I am a first time subscriber to Game Pass and have never had SlingTV and they have a promotion that you can get a month of each one for a dollar, you are supposed to get a code for slingtv by the...
  7. Gold & Game Pass 3 meses por R$ 3 [Translation - Gold & Game Pass 3 months by R $3]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gold & Game Pass 3 meses por R$ 3 [Translation - Gold & Game Pass 3 months by R $3]: Dia 09 apareceu em meu Xbox uma oferta com a seguinte mensagem "Gold & Game Pass 3 meses por R$ 3", porém ao clicar não disponibilizava a opção da oferta, somente aparecia os jogos incluído em...
  8. Sling TV one month free with $1 Game Pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Sling TV one month free with $1 Game Pass: Hello, I recently took advantage of the sale to get a month of Game Pass for a dollar, and with that you're supposed to get a month of Sling TV. However, no instructions were provided on how to...
  9. Xbox one s 3 month game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s 3 month game pass: Just bought a new xbox one s that came with a 3 month game pass... Not sure how to access the games without having to purchase them?? e670fb18-a6de-4ceb-8a83-b76beed24dee
  10. Get 50% off 6 months Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Get 50% off 6 months Xbox Game Pass: I see the 50% off promo banner but when I clog to purchase, it is for only 1 month at the regular price of $11.99. What gives? I do recall seeing an option to buy last weekend and the sale ends...