360 discs not launching in Xbox Series X

Discus and support 360 discs not launching in Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone can help. We have the lovely Xbox Series X. When inserting numerous Xbox 360 discs the game appears, you click to launch, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lizcee90, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Lizcee90
    Lizcee90 Guest

Wondering if anyone can help. We have the lovely Xbox Series X. When inserting numerous Xbox 360 discs the game appears, you click to launch, it appears to load but then goes straight back to the homescreen with no error message. (Once we have managed to
    run Skate3) XBox One discs work fine ?

Any ideas would be appreciated

(We have rebooted, we have also tried the discs on the Xbox One which do work)

Thanks

:)

Lizcee90, Jan 25, 2021
  2. pjameleven Win User

Bring Gotham City Imposters to Backward Compatibility

The backwards compatibility team is working on the Series X so there won't be anymore games from the 360/original Xbox made back compatible until after the Series X launch.

That said, I would love to see Gotham City Impostors made playable on the Series X. That game was so much fun!
  3. RussoBaptiste Win User

Can you play Minecraft 360 edition on series X?

What if i was to get the xbox one version on disc for series x, would i be able to play the 360 version
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

Yes you can plug in the hard drive on the Xbox Series X, and the Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Xbox games will be able to be played straight away. If you have games on disc, just insert the disc, and the game should play as it does on the Xbox One.

Just remember you cannot play Xbox Series X games from the external hard drive, only from the internal and external SSD storage devices that are available for the Series X.
  5. Sonic Emeralds Win User

I just want far cry 4 in the backwards compatible library on the xbox

Back compat wont return until after Xbox Series X launches, Also it is up to Ubisoft wheather the 360 version will be BC. However there is a Xbox 1 version of FC4 too
  6. Das Koop Win User

Xbox Series X thoughts?

With the Xbox One X you'll be safe to wait well after launch to buy the new Series X.

They've already said that launch games like Halo Infinite will also be launched for Xbox One consoles.

I've had my Xbox One X for over a year. I plan to buy the Xbox Series X for my main television and then move my Xbox One X to my living room television as my secondary console.
Thema:

1. 360 discs not launching in Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - 360 discs launching

2. Xbox 360 discs no longer work on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 discs no longer work on Xbox One X: OK, I've seen this topic a bunch on the forums, but since I don't see any solutions and since it says I can't ask or call anyone I guess I'll post here. My xbox 360 games no longer play on Xbox...
  3. Xbox 360 Disc not recognized by series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Disc not recognized by series X: We have Lego Jurassic Park for the 360 (which we own). The series x doesn't recognize my saved games so Microsoft wants to charge me another 29.99 to purchase a game I already own. Any thoughts on...
  4. Xbox won't read 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't read 360 disc: So me and my friend have been trying for hours to get Left 4 Dead 2 downloaded on his xbox. We've tried every method and it won't read the disc. We put in a different 360 game in and that...
  5. Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...: I would like to know if it is possible to backup Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One console, to then later port all data and games from the Xbox One console to the Xbox Series S, and be able to play...
  6. disc unreadable on digital Xbox 360 download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    disc unreadable on digital Xbox 360 download: So recently i bought Blue dragon on the xbox 360 store for £14.99 after i downloaded it i couldnt get past the first basic tutorial mission without it popping up with error please clean disc. I...
  7. Xbox One not reading Xbox 360 discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One not reading Xbox 360 discs: I got brand new 360 discs, they are clean and not damaged one bit. I tried loading them up but it didn’t install the games nor load the game icon in games. It can read Xbox One discs and Series X...
  8. Xbox 360 bioshock one disc stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 bioshock one disc stopped working: Xbox 360 bioshock 1 disc stopped working in xbox one and even my new series x.. I can't install either bioshock na or japan. I can install the darkness na and japan and all my others... Tryibg...
  9. Xbox one s not reading any 360 disc games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s not reading any 360 disc games: My xbox one s is bot reading any 360 discs. I know my disc drive isn’t broken because my xbox one discs work fine but when i put in a 360 disc in nothing happens. It doesn’t even recognize i have...
  10. Xbox 360 discs do not launch on my Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 discs do not launch on my Xbox One.: I'm trying to play Halo Wars on my Xbox One, however the system does not even acknowledge that it's been inserted. I put the disc in, the console makes a few noises, then nothing. Nothing appears...