360 hard drive swap

Discus and support 360 hard drive swap in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a Xbox 360 E console that the hard drive **** the bed. Can i install a X812848-001 hard drive?? f4dff2da-44ba-42aa-bfd4-59794f300a9b Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DishierDruid071, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 360 hard drive swap

I have a Xbox 360 E console that the hard drive **** the bed.

Can i install a X812848-001 hard drive??

:)

DishierDruid071, Jan 21, 2020
  2. DishierDruid071 Win User

360 hard drive swap

They are both Xbox 360 console drives.

One is from first gen and the second is from 2nd gen 360s
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

360 hard drive swap

The X812848-001 are original 20GB drives from the first gen Xbox 360. Not only do they not fit the 360 E, any official 20GB
    hard drive from back then would be knocking on 15 years old by now, which in in technical terms is pretty ancient. Hard drives are mechanical, they don't have long lifespans. It's not a question of if they will fail, it's when.

As previously mentioned the official drives for the 360 S and E are 250 GB, 320 GB & 500 GB. Don't buy a second hand one and expect it to last for a long time, it won't.

Note that the 360 also supports external USB drives up to 2TB.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

360 hard drive swap

The only hard drive you could install, is the official Xbox 360 hard drive. which comes in sizes of 250gb, 320gb & 500gb.
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

360 Hard drive swap

as long as both are the same style 360 consoles then you just remove the drive from the one and attach/insert it in the other. NOTE: if you have different versions of the 360 console those drives are not interchangeable (fat drive will not work in a slim
    model).
  6. Smwutches Win User

hard drive swap

There is no legit way to do so. Anything that could be done would violate the terms of service and cannot be discussed here.
Thema:

360 hard drive swap

1. 360 hard drive swap - Similar Threads - 360 hard drive

2. Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?: I used to play Xbox 360 a lot, but then the Xbox One came out and I decided to make a new account and forget about my old account on my Xbox 360 , I recently thought about my old account and all...
  3. How do I attach a Xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I attach a Xbox 360 hard drive to play original xbox games?: How do I attach a Xbox 360 hard drive 372d8c6d-2119-49e0-a19f-31b4bcd5e660
  4. Problema de disco rígido no Xbox 360 [Non-Xbox 360 hard drive issue]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema de disco rígido no Xbox 360 [Non-Xbox 360 hard drive issue]: Comprei um jogo, porém toda vez que tento jogar aparece um erro dizendo que eu preciso ter um disco rígido do Xbox 360 para joga-lo. Porém o disco é novo, a instalação foi feita com sucesso, mas...
  5. Old XBox 360 S hard drive a new XBox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old XBox 360 S hard drive a new XBox 360 S: My XBox 360 S has the red dot/ring of death, so it looks I will definitely need a new Xbox. I have found some decently priced Xbox 360 consoles online, but they come decently priced because they...
  6. SOLVED: Xbox 360 S won't play Backwards Compatible Games - Even with official MS hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Xbox 360 S won't play Backwards Compatible Games - Even with official MS hard drive: SOLVED Did a system cache clear on all drives and the game works now! Paul with the fellow gamer chat line helped me out - was dubious since it wasn't Microsoft's official support team, but it...
  7. Xbox 360 Sliim hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Sliim hard drive: Hi guys! I was wondering, how long can a 360 Slim hard drive last? Can they last indefinitely? If not, what can I do to extend the life of the hard drive? Thanks!...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 4 GB Unformatted hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4 GB Unformatted hard drive: Recently purchased a refurbished Xbox 360 S 4GB and i am unable to use it. The hard drive says it is “Unformatted” and I am unable to do any system updates. Tried using an external thumb drive and...
  9. Disque dur interne xbox 360 [Mod Translation - Internal hard drive xbox 360]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disque dur interne xbox 360 [Mod Translation - Internal hard drive xbox 360]: Bonjour... J'insère un nouveau disque dur usagé dans l'endroit adéquat de ma console mais le stockage ne le lit pas...le reconnait pas... Que faire??? [Mod Translation - Hello... I insert a...
  10. Accidentally deleted my husband's hard drive on old 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally deleted my husband's hard drive on old 360.: I thought that I was freeing up space to play games that wouldn't load and I ended up wiping out everything that was saved. Can I recover any of it? Our xbox isn't hooked up to wifi and our router...