360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding

Discus and support 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding Hi I am on an Xbox one elite series (more or less the OG xbox one with faster hard drive)...... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Cattlepsy, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Cattlepsy
    Cattlepsy Guest

Hi I am on an Xbox one elite series (more or less the OG xbox one with faster hard drive)... hardwired directly to modem, its a single unit modem/router combo, the one that came from comcast.

For a long time I've had the problem of not being able to connect to the xbox 360 network when playing backwards compatible games, today I found out what triggers this problem but still not sure why it happens. Sorry for caps idk how to bold text from mobile.

Tried everything under the sun from resetting and unplugging modem/xbox, deleting local 360 profile and clearing local storage alltogether was able to delete but still couldnt connect so I couldn't even redownload my profile. WHAT FINALLY FIXED IT was doing
    a FACTORY RESET (I chose "keep my games&apps" option)

...except this fix introduced the old strict NAT problem because it brought me back to automatic IP adress configuration. So i go to change it back to its manually assigned IP adress that has ports forwarded (TCP: 80, UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500, BOTH: 53,
    3074) because uPnP doesn't work.

Soon as I change it back to manual IP address the 360 network is unable to connect again. So in other words I can port forward to a static IP and have "Open" NAT but unable to connect online with backwards compatible, OR I can factory reset and have "Strict"
    NAT but backwards compatible works. I don't understand why I can't have both at the same time?

Also I have no idea why but simply switching back to "automatic" IP adress or even entering the old one that was assigned automatically through DHCP DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, so far only factory reset will fix the 360 network issue, seems permanent once
    it happens. And as mentioned before this isn't really a fix since it sticks me with strict NAT. Possible server bug or profile corruption?

:)

Cattlepsy, Oct 14, 2020
  2. PalZer0 Win User

Xbox One and UPnP

I've noticed that it does forward UDP 3074 like the 360 does. It doesn't seem to forward the ports for Teredo though.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Port forwarding

Hi Fellow gamer,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having connection issues. The guide for

network ports
    will assist you with this. If not sure, you can always contact your ISP to assist in the port forwarding also.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
  5. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

Error de conexión xbox360 a internet [Translate] Xbox360 internet connection error

Hi there :)

it could be the down to a couple of things,

I would recommend you go on the router and sign in to change the settings:

It looks like it could be a port forwarding issues:
    Port Forwarding setup

i will also prvide you with a link to the networking information:
    Please click here

Thank you
  6. Simmons2024 Win User

Connection Issue w/ Multiple Xbox's - Same Connection

If possible, Make sure you do Port Range Forwarding and not just Port Forwarding. Most router sallow any ports enabled in Port Range Forwarding to communicate to any device on the network, while regular Port Forwarding specifies a single device on the network.

I have 3 Xbox 360s in my house and this solved a similar issue
Thema:

1. 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding - Similar Threads - 360 network teredo

2. Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter: Hey Microsoft, So i have an Xbox 360 wireless network adapter. I was wondering EVEN though the Xbox 360 S has built-in Wireless connectivity, I may have discovered that this adapter boost the...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.: So My Xbox 360 Slim Just Disconnected me from the WiFi and I tried to Reconnect but it said, something like To be able to connect to the wireless network I need the Adabtor...etc. Although Ik the...
  4. Xbox 360 emulator network problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 emulator network problems: Ive been trying to play some old games i had (MW3, mass effect 3) and it keeps saying i cannot connect to xbox live. Tried deleting my profile but now i can’t download it back since it cannot...
  5. New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC...: New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC Media Center Setup. PC connected to XBox 360 using wired connection with Netgear AC 1900, using a Netgear 4...
  6. Xbox 360 cannot download profile, create new live account but updates work and network is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cannot download profile, create new live account but updates work and network is...: I have been constantly trying for 6 hours to get my xbox 360 on live services and I have had no luck I've contacted the gamer support but they don't have enough resources available to help me in...
  7. Call of Duty MW3 on Xbox 360 Network Matchmaking Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of Duty MW3 on Xbox 360 Network Matchmaking Issue: Listen, I dont know who can take care of this in Microsoft but Call of Duty MW3 matchmaking service for online multiplayer is very slow and takes hours sometimes. My geographical is Canada and...
  8. Xbox 360 network connection failed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 network connection failed: Xbox 360 network connection failed I am trying to connect my xbox to my hotspot on my cellphone. I have connected before but my system had been put up for awhile. When I plugged my 360 back up and...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless network connection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless network connection problems: I bought a wireless network adapter for my xbox 360 to download the origins dlc for BO2. But everytime i try to connect to my home wifi it says that there are multiple betworks with the same name....
  10. The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking adapter on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking adapter on PC: I Cant seem to find the drivers for the Wireless Networking adapter for wireless internet can anybody help? 42797484-cbdb-4123-af43-0b0da0865229