360 Slim Hard Drive Issue

Discus and support 360 Slim Hard Drive Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the past month, 4 times I turned on the console and it will not recognize my original 250gb hard drive. I had to reformat each time. Yesterday, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrEd804, Feb 21, 2014.

1. MrEd804
    MrEd804 Guest

Over the past month, 4 times I turned on the console and it will not recognize my original 250gb hard drive. I had to reformat each time. Yesterday, I turned on and now it wont even format the HD. I have the 360 Slim 250gb edition. I actually tried to use
    a USB 15G stick and tried to format that also but no go. Was going to try and find another HD to try, but could it be the console?

:)

MrEd804, Feb 21, 2014
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Trying to play vice city on xbox 360 slim

There isn't an official 120gb hard drive for the 360 slim so it's your hard drive that's the issue.

There's only 250gb,320gb & 500gb official Microsoft hard drives.

Daft Badger, Feb 21, 2014
  3. Hard Drive Situation

Can i use an xbox slim hard drive on the xbox 360 hard drive?

Bloody Steelix, Feb 21, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

What error do you see when you tried to format your USB stick?

Sounds odd you can't format HDD or USB flash drive.

Bazajaytee, Feb 23, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Trying to play vice city on xbox 360 slim

There isn't an official 120gb hard drive for the 360 slim so it's your hard drive that's the issue.

There's only 250gb,320gb & 500gb official Microsoft hard drives.
  6. WPAK Win User

360 slim hard drive moved to another 360 slim. Not even acknowledging that it's there.

Hi there,

My advise is, to try the hard drive on a different slim console or a different hard drive on that new slim console to see if what will work there and to determine which thing is the problem,if the 'old' hard drive won't work on a different slim either, the
    hard drive might be broken, if the hard drive will work on a different slim, then the new slim is having issues.

-

Try to find a way what part is causing the issues, it's either the old hard drive or the new slim.
  7. davemcfly85 Win User

New 250GB hard drive with 2005 mfd xbox

the slim hard drive cannot work with the older gen 'fat' 360s that had clip on drives, the slim drive only fits inside slim model 360 consoles.
  8. Johantpro Win User

Should I get my old white xbox 360 fixed or purchase the elite?

Get the slim it's better, however getting your old hard drive memorie to the new slim hard drive will require that you buy an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to make it easy.
  9. maxen Win User

xbox 360 hard drive not working

For Original Xbox games to be playable on an Xbox 360, it needs to be an official Microsoft Hard Drive.

However, there is no official 120GB hard drive for the Slim, only 250GB and 320GB.

There is a 120GB for the original-style Xbox 360 and the later Elite, but not Slim.

If you are using a Slim, the hard drive itself will be the problem and you will need an official one.
Thema:

1. 360 Slim Hard Drive Issue - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Hard

2. Hard Drive Detection Issue (Xbox 360 Slim)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard Drive Detection Issue (Xbox 360 Slim): Hi, Recently I wanted to copy my xbox saved games into my computer but I did not have a memory stick with me, so I decided to improvise which has led to unfortunate consequences. I removed the...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive: I was trying to transfer my memory from my old hard drive to my 320GB Hard Drive via a transferring cable. I inserted the new slim hard drive first, transferred all the data from my old one. Now...
  4. xbox 360 slim max supported capacity for hard drives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim max supported capacity for hard drives?: my old old faithful xbox 360 finally gave up the ghost after years of loyal service on Saturday night when I was greeted with the red ring of death so I ran to the shop,s on sunday & bought a 2nd...
  5. 360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed: Hi everyone, Just got one of the 360 S 4GB models. It did not come with a hard drive, so I got an official 250GB Xbox hard drive. The system boots fine if I don't install the drive. But If the...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive: Can someone PLEASE give me an Amazon link to the EXACT hard drive i need to install into my xbox 360 slim in order to play ORIGINAL XBOX games on it? cfb82e9d-e868-4bb8-ac58-289b9542e953
  7. Xbox 360 slim hard drive with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim hard drive with xbox one: I have transferred all of my data from my xbox 360 slim to a 250 GB hard drive. i am gonna trade in my 360 for an Xbox one. i have no idea if the hard drive for my slim will work for the Xbox One....
  8. Xbox 360 slim internal hard drive vs external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim internal hard drive vs external hard drive: Hello everyone, I have a Xbox 360 slim 4gb version which I have recently updated to the newest dash which allows you to use external hard drives up to 2TB of storage space. I do not have an...
  9. Please fix your new hard drives for the 360 slims...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix your new hard drives for the 360 slims...: so it seems u guys implemented the tags on the end of the hard drive to pull out and extract the hard drive from the 360 but it seems like others mine has torn off and i wanna know are you guys...
  10. 360 Slim does not recognize transfer cable to an Elite hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim does not recognize transfer cable to an Elite hard drive: I bought a 250 GB Slim last night because my Elite red ringed on New Year's Eve after 7 years of use. I hooked up the Elite 120 GB drive to the transfer cable and plugged it into the back of the...