360 Slim power supply noise

Discus and support 360 Slim power supply noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 360 slim power brick is making a constant loud fan noise, i have replaced the original with an used one from Gamestop and its still making the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrentBaptiste, May 30, 2014.

1. 360 Slim power supply noise

My 360 slim power brick is making a constant loud fan noise, i have replaced the original with an used one from Gamestop and its still making the same noise. Is there any fix for this?

:)

BrentBaptiste, May 30, 2014
  2. fede722001
    fede722001 Guest
    Xbox 360 slim power supply

Hi

I have a Xbox 360 slim and the power supply is broken. I have a friend with an Xbox 360 ultra slim who can give me his power supply.

¿Can an Xbox 360 slim use the power supply of the Xbox 360 ultra slim?

Thanks and sorry for my english I'm from Argentina.

fede722001, May 30, 2014
  3. [Xbox360 slim] power supply make noise

hello, i ve just bought a Xbox 360 slim with kinect bundle.

I notice that when i start up console, while the console is quiet , the supply unit make knocking noise. it's normal???

it's possible to make the power supply more silent??

Pikkolomondano, May 30, 2014
  4. 360 Slim power supply noise

What kind of noise does it make? Is it buzzing or grinding noise? The noise is coming from the little internal fan and it's been know that some faulty units make this noise.

The power brick on my Xbox 360 Slim used to make a loud grinding noise when I had it from new. To stop the noise I used to pick up the brick and give it a few hard taps with the palm of my hand. Once I did that it didn't make any noise for the duration of
    that play session until then next time the machine was switched on again.

Strangely enough, I never had the brick replaced and it now it no longer makes any noise. If you are concerned though and you can't get the brick be quite you should take up a repair request with Microsoft Support to get it replaced.

Obsessive Power, May 30, 2014
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What kind of noise does it make? Is it buzzing or grinding noise? The noise is coming from the little internal fan and it's been know that some faulty units make this noise.

The power brick on my Xbox 360 Slim used to make a loud grinding noise when I had it from new. To stop the noise I used to pick up the brick and give it a few hard taps with the palm of my hand. Once I did that it didn't make any noise for the duration of
    that play session until then next time the machine was switched on again.

Strangely enough, I never had the brick replaced and it now it no longer makes any noise. If you are concerned though and you can't get the brick be quite you should take up a repair request with Microsoft Support to get it replaced.
  6. Khor Yserion Win User

Power supply brick makes strange noises

I´ve been able to use the power supply of a friends console (he´s got the 175 W power supply) and it worked just fine so no strange noises occured but i am not able to test my power supply on any other 360 console since all my friends in the area have got
    either the new slim or an even older version with a different power supply e.g. the 175 W etc.
  7. PettyOfficer735 Win User

Slim Power Supply Noise

All we can tell you is that you need to send in your power supply (under warranty) to get the problem fixed. If you need to explain the issue to Xbox Customer Support via phone you can contact them:

• Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269
    • Direct dial: (425) 635-7180
    • Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102

Phone assistance is available:

• 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
    • 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

If you have any other problems or you want to attempt to try the Xbox LIVE Support Chat, feel free to ask an Xbox LIVE Ambassador. You can do that by clicking the Technical Support link in my signature. Maybe one will be able to help you there, maybe circumstances
    will change and an answer to the problem will appear. I am terribly sorry this problem is insisting for you and I hope things will work out for the better!
  8. Gimmyaname Win User

Slim Power Supply Noise

Well i dont see your question but... Your power supply shouldn't make any noise. You have a faulty PS get it exchanged before your warranty runs out and you have other problems.
  9. Inferior-91D30E2D-4F Win User

Slim Power Supply Noise

Seems their was an error when you made the post if you could edit this post with information we would be happy to help out
Thema:

1. 360 Slim power supply noise - Similar Threads - 360 Slim power

2. Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!: Okay so I have an NTSC Xbox 360 in the UK (they're pretty hard to come by but I need one for speedrunning purposes), and while I never used to have this problem, the past few months whenever I've...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick doesn't power for more than 15min, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick doesn't power for more than 15min, what do I do?: My boyfriend gave me his Xbox 360 Slim, the power brick (one specific power brick, I own 3) it only powers for 15 minutes then powers itself off then turning off the console. The power brick turns...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating: So I've had my 360 Slim probably about 6 years now. Used it constantly for the first 2 or so years until the console itself started making a stupidly loud noise, found out all these years later it...
  5. The red dot of the xbox 360 slim power box

in XBoX on Consoles
    The red dot of the xbox 360 slim power box: I have a problem with the power supply of my xbox 360 slim. What happens is that the little light that turns green when the console is turned on, has turned red more than 3 times today, Saturday,...
  6. Xbox 360 slim power supply help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim power supply help: Hello i bought xbox 360 slim in USA , which means that the power supply runs on 110v only. now I moved to Turkey and the electricity here is 220V, i was wondering to buy a power supply of a...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim Power Adaptor Brick (SG)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Adaptor Brick (SG): Hi there My Xbox Slim's power adaptor is dead ( no light at all) and I have already tried unplugging and plugging in back the cable out from power outlet and Xbox. Is there any official...
  8. Xbox 360 slim power supply red light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim power supply red light: i recently bought a used Xbox 360 slim. It worked perfectly for the first week with about 8 hours of play time. Then suddenly in the middle of playing a game it completely shut down. I checked the...
  9. 360 Slim Powers on, red light flashes 11 times, fan running full speed, then powers down

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim Powers on, red light flashes 11 times, fan running full speed, then powers down: If this im the wrong forum let me know. Hey guys, basically as the subject says, my 360 turns on, fan goes full speed instantly, light blinks red 11 times and then powers off. The console wont let...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim Power Supply Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Supply Issue: First, the light on the power supply was continuously blinking and my console would not turn on. I tried switching outlets multiple times but still nothing. Now, the light on the power brick is...