(360) Some games loop or get corrupted at 80% download

Discus and support (360) Some games loop or get corrupted at 80% download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought Red Dead Redemption directly through the Xbox 360's marketplace and now I can't download it past 80%. Apparently according to some people this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarekHoužva, Mar 21, 2020.

1. MarekHoužva
    MarekHoužva Guest

Bought Red Dead Redemption directly through the Xbox 360's marketplace and now I can't download it past 80%. Apparently according to some people this could be a region lock issue, but I bought the game from my country's store using my currency, didn't change
    my console's locale in many years (my country was not supported back when I got the 360). Tried buying Just Cause 1 and to 2 (each cost 1 dollar) just to see if all new purchases have the same issue. Just Cause 1 downloaded fine while 2 got the same download
    loop as RDR. Tried DLing games I purchased years ago and some of them show the same problem - Darkness, Far Cry 2, Crackdown 2, Just Cause 2. Tried many things - clearing cache, rolling back system updates, deleting unfinished download files, deleting marketplace
    data and also changing IP when it reaches 79% download. I also tried letting it loop through the whole night only to find out it stopped downloading with a corrupted file. I dunno what to do anymore. I can't even buy those games from a different region as
    it says that I already own the game.

I thought maybe changing the console's locale to something else (maybe the first location I had set when I got the 360), I have no idea what to do, I can't even repurchase the game...

:)

MarekHoužva, Mar 21, 2020
  2. RoiserCZ Win User

Thank you for your reply, I tried unplugging everything, leaving it off for half an hour and it didn't help, I am also certain I have enough space on my HDD. I actually chatted with microsoft support but their response was "Do a hard reset, if it doesn't
    work then, the problem is with your network", then he instructed me how to do the reset (hold the sync and eject button on the console) but nothing happened, no option to do a reset, I have an Xbox 360 Elite. All this makes me really sad, as I paid for something
    that doesn't work :-( and this problem happens to other people as well, not just me.

EDIT: found a reply by somebody, which might be the cause of the problem, but doesn't offer a solution for me:

"That's very significative. I had this same problem, that Microsoft couldn't resolve, I had to bypass it by myself. It was an issue with my ISP. I tell you what I did, then I tell you why.

When I was at 78%, I stopped the download (not cancel) then I shared my mobile internet connection to my Xbox and let it pass the 79% point until the end. Then you can go back to your home WiFi connection.

The problem was caused because my IP address was seen as if it was from another country by Microsoft, that caused the issues. I used my mobile connection to avoid that, but I only had a 1GB plan so I couldn't download the whole game with it, and I
    had to do the first 78% by the usual way.

This is caused because of the lack of IP4 addresses, ISPs are buying or using IP formerly owned by other companies or assigned to other countries. Well I suppose that's not a very good explanation but you can google for it.

Edit: you can try to connect to go to someone's else wifi (different ISP if possible), that's how I verified I could download the game."

I don't have a wifi adapter, so this doesn't help me.
  3. Cowgrlzroc Win User

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having. If you haven't already, completely shut down your Xbox. While it is off, reset your internet router (power down/turn back on). Turn everything back on. Check you have sufficient storage for the new download
    and restart your download. I'm also linking a support page with information on download stop errors and how to contact Microsoft Xbox Support if you continue to have issues.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/store/download-stopped-error-on-Xbox-360

I hope something here helps.

Best wishes,

Cowgirl
  4. Ironwilled Win User

Xbox 360

Hi There,

Some games seem to give users this error and it seemed to be caused by region lock error. It might not be your case, but there is some more information in this thread if you would like some more information.

Link: https://xbox-forums.com/threads/360-some-games-loop-or-get-corrupted-at-80-download.350687/#(360)_Some_games_loop_or_get_corrupted_at_80%_download
  5. guymans Win User

Advanced Warfare won't Download!

i bought COD warfare advanced in the gamestore via my account. It downloads till 80% and then its starting downloading again( till 80 %), and again and again !!!!IM IN A LOOP!!!!!!!!

Whats going on!!!
  6. Biggshow Win User

Jade Empire don't download fully

I try to download Jade Empire game for xbox 360, the download stop at 80% the conssula couldn't continue the download even though I try,
    I get a message that the game is corrupted, I clear the cache and return on the process with the same results.

Please help!
    I have had this happen before. If the game file is corrupted, you will need to reinstall the game. As stated by someone else, you should also try downloading another game to make sure you system is working properly.
Thema:

1. (360) Some games loop or get corrupted at 80% download - Similar Threads - 360 games loop

2. Buying 360 games on XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying 360 games on XB1: Hello all. Im trying to buy some 360 games on my XB1. Turns out you cant use an xbox points card, you cant use a prepaid visa and you cant use paypal. So how does someone without a debit or...
  3. Can’t purchase Xbox 360 games on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t purchase Xbox 360 games on Xbox One?: Hello everyone. Everytime i go to try and download the free 360 game with gold, i ALWAYS get an error. Even when i try to purchase 360 games from the store, an error always comes up for “not...
  4. XBOX 360 controller (wired) stopped working with 1 game

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 controller (wired) stopped working with 1 game: Hello! I`ve been using my XBOX 360 controller (wired) for PC since 2013, and I didn`t have any issues until now. I`ve been playing a game called NIOH: Complete Edition for more than 80+ hours and...
  5. Backwards compatible Xbox 360 games not connecting to Xbox Live.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backwards compatible Xbox 360 games not connecting to Xbox Live.: I noticed when playing Fallout 3 that my account in the Xbox 360 emulator on the Xbox One S was not connecting to Xbox Live. I checked other backwards compatible games that I have and they all...
  6. Xbox 360 spiel -[Translation - Xbox 360 game]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 spiel -[Translation - Xbox 360 game]: Ich kann kein Spiel auf einer Xbox 360 spielen welches mit Kinect zu tun hat weil die Xbox es nicht lesen kann -[Translation - I cannot play a game on an Xbox 360 that is related to Kinect...
  7. Unable to buy Xbox 360 games from Xbox one or marketplace.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy Xbox 360 games from Xbox one or marketplace.: Has anyone found a fix for this? I've seen a few similar threads about this, but most of them were locked. It started last month when Battlefront was the free 360 game. When I try to see the...
  8. Purchased 360 game but cannot find it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased 360 game but cannot find it: To help entertain my kids, i purchased Spongebob Squarepants Battle of Robots through Microsoft store. I completed the purchase and when i signed in to my xbox 360 notified me it was downloaded,...
  9. Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 Loop, Game does not start online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 Loop, Game does not start online: Hello, I have a real big Problem since a week or so. So I want to start an online Game Black Ops 2, I join into a lobby, the game starts, map is loading, I can choose class and then.. the map is...
  10. Xbox 360 elite game looping at intro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 elite game looping at intro: while playing a game on xbox 360, from disk or game installed on HDD, game loops back to intro movie. Go through selecting profile, dificulties, ect, than intro clip. This clip ends, but than it...