360 trigger not working after replacing it

Discus and support 360 trigger not working after replacing it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I replaced the analog sticks on my 360 controller which meant removing the left trigger mount and unsoldering the potentiometer. But when i put... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Silencyr, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Silencyr
    Silencyr Guest

I replaced the analog sticks on my 360 controller which meant removing the left trigger mount and unsoldering the potentiometer. But when i put everything back together the left trigger was not working. I had this problem once before and what had happened
    then was one of the solder pads for the potentiometer had come off the board, but in this case all 3 solder pads are still intact and the solder job is good. I have even replaced the potentiometer with a spare that i tested just before and still it does not
    work when reassembled.

When i run joy.cpl it shows the Z axis maxed out, except when i push in the right trigger then it goes to the middle but pushing the left trigger does nothing. Can anyone help me out with this?

:)

Silencyr, Jun 13, 2014
  2. Both Trigger Buttons (LT,RT) for xbox one controller not working

Both Trigger Buttons (LT,RT) for xbox one controller not working. I''d like to fix this without replacing the controller.

AcidBATMAN657, Jun 13, 2014
  3. CadentEar
    CadentEar Guest
    Left Trigger not working

Controller stripped only to check the contacts only after pouring. The guarantee does not have since 4 years. Maybe someone knows what might be the cause.

CadentEar, Jun 13, 2014
  4. 360 trigger not working after replacing it

Hey there Silencyr 360 trigger not working after replacing it :)

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but you will not get any help with that here. Its against the forum rules to discuss system tampering or self repair. The best thing to do at this point is to replace the controller altogether via the service centre or
    your local relevant retailer.

service.xbox.com

http://www.xbox.com/Xbox360/Accessories

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 13, 2014
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Hey there Silencyr :)

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but you will not get any help with that here. Its against the forum rules to discuss system tampering or self repair. The best thing to do at this point is to replace the controller altogether via the service centre or
    your local relevant retailer.

service.xbox.com

http://www.xbox.com/Xbox360/Accessories

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  6. HellSlaughter I Win User

Are New Consoles Made to Last? Or Made to Break?

Super Nintendo new: still works 15+ years

-

Nintendo 64 used: still works 10+ years

-

Nintendo GameCube new: deceased after 2 years. Dropped :'(

-

Xbox OG refurbished: deceased after 1 year. Laser failure

-

Xbox OG new: still works 10+ years

-

Xbox 360 new: deceased after 4 months. RRoD

-

Xbox 360 replacement: deceased after 1 year. RRoD

-

Xbox 360 replacement: still works 4+ years
  7. Burnin TODI Win User

Can I Use The Xbox One HDMI Pass Through To Run My 360 Media Center Extender???

If the 360 works, why replace it with a much more expensive device?? If your 360 stops working, why not replace it with a much cheaper 360??
  8. adamblack93 Win User

no other option left - standard exchange

You should expect a replacement console to be delivered to you within about ten working days of Microsoft receiving your defective unit. I haven't had any issues with either my Xbox 360 or Xbox One, but my sister's Xbox 360 was replaced three days after
    sending it to Microsoft last year.
  9. Derrick Cole Win User

can't install Sam & Max Save the World

Triggering a download on Xbox.com (which only specifically states download to 360) did not work for me
Thema:

1. 360 trigger not working after replacing it - Similar Threads - 360 trigger working

2. Xbox 360 Error Code 801540A9

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Error Code 801540A9: "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to https://account.live.com to fix the problem" I can sign in fine to Live, and my microsoft account. I tried...
  3. I try download my profile on my xbox 360 but always got this error,

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try download my profile on my xbox 360 but always got this error,: "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in"... I try the family child account thing and many other but nothing helps, please help me...
  4. Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  5. Where’s the spring in the 360 controller’s trigger?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where’s the spring in the 360 controller’s trigger?: The spring in my 360 controller’s right trigger seems to have been disconnected somehow. The button still sends a signal, but it doesn’t spring back up when I depress it; I have to pull it back...
  6. Is it normal for the thumbsticks/triggers on an Xbox 360 controller to register as fully...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal for the thumbsticks/triggers on an Xbox 360 controller to register as fully...: I bought an Xbox 360 controller off Amazon for use on PC. Durazno^2 is showing the thumbsticks and triggers give 100% output even when only pressed about two thirds of the way (and 0% until they...
  7. Xbox 360 controller - Right trigger commands berak frequently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller - Right trigger commands berak frequently: Hi i play wot game for xbox 360 about two years, and in two years already bought 3 xbox 360 controllers. the Right trigger commands berak frequently what I can do ... is anyway? I know it does...
  8. Xbox 360 triton trigger headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 triton trigger headset.: My Xbox 360 triton trigger headset only plays sound when I'm chatting to my friends on Xbox party chat but as soon as I enter a game the sound will not play even if I turn the game volume up to...
  9. 360 Controller Triggers activating randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Controller Triggers activating randomly: One of my controllers has schitzo triggers that activate randomly when not pressing them. I just noticed last night that even the slightest "twist" of the controller arms will set it off and...
  10. 360 controller triggers squeek, need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 controller triggers squeek, need help: It's driving me insane. Every single time I press down on the right shoulder trigger (not bumper) and sometimes on the left, there is a squeek. It's annoying. Very annoying. It throws off my...