360E DVD drive

Discus and support 360E DVD drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 360 E model and what is beginning to happen is when I first power it up the DVD tray doesn't want to open at first it will take about 4-5... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bowhunter4L, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Bowhunter4L
    Bowhunter4L Guest

360E DVD drive

I have a 360 E model and what is beginning to happen is when I first power it up the DVD tray doesn't want to open at first it will take about 4-5 tries but after that it performs like it should, but if I leave a old CD in it, it will open right away. What
    the heck is going on?

:)

Bowhunter4L, Aug 5, 2014
  2. SIGHTL3SS
    SIGHTL3SS Guest
    Playing Game Problem

MS won't replace it because exchanging the DVD drive voids the warranty (it's "modding").

And changing a DVD drive is actually pretty complex in the 360, and can get you banned. It may be possible that since you have a different DVD drive, your 360 is not detecting it correctly.

SIGHTL3SS, Aug 5, 2014
  3. Could the hd dvd have survived?

If the xbox 360 had a hd drive instead of just a dvd drive do you think hd dvds would have won the format war?

Fear2Eternity, Aug 5, 2014
  4. RyanCook311
    RyanCook311 Guest

360E DVD drive

Hey Bowhunter4L,

It sounds like your DVD tray may be going out if your console is still under warranty you may want to send it in for repair. You can file a repair claim at myservice.xbox.com if you haven't already you'll need to register the console first before making
    the claim.

RyanCook311, Aug 5, 2014
  5. RyanCook311 Win User

360E DVD drive

Hey Bowhunter4L,

It sounds like your DVD tray may be going out if your console is still under warranty you may want to send it in for repair. You can file a repair claim at myservice.xbox.com if you haven't already you'll need to register the console first before making
    the claim.
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

Don't know what to do with my xbox 360 S

To clarify, the 360E uses exactly the same hard drive as the 360S.

Just that the 360E 4GB is sold without a hard drive, but has an HDD slot so you have to buy one separately.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

My 60 gb hdd won't work:(

If you have a xbox 360s then there is no 60gb hard drive for that model.You can't use hard drives from the older model 360's on the 360s or 360e.
  8. NanaCrofts Win User

360E 4gb upgrade?

Old Girl here == So my new 360E uses the same hard drive model as the slim? (I did the same thing Old Guy)
  9. carb0nknight Win User

Xbox 360 E hard drive upgrade?

The hard drives from the slim models should fit into the new 360E. The original Xbox hard drives will not however. This video will show how to remove the current hard drive if you're not sure how to do it. [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36WuZ4s4JW0]
Thema:

360E DVD drive

1. 360E DVD drive - Similar Threads - 360E DVD drive

2. Xbox 360E Red Light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360E Red Light: Split from this thread. Hello,i have a problem with XB360e i have red bottom on power bottom Sorry for bad english im from Serbia. Link [MEDIA] 5b438e7b-4ab8-48f7-af6f-427b0fc98e14
  3. XBox 360E Solid red light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360E Solid red light on power button: Hello, As soon as i turn my xbox on, the power button turns from green to red. I have no hard disk and i have removed all cables, still I see this issue. Any suggestions on the fix please?...
  4. Forgotten passcode for 360E

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten passcode for 360E: My son changed passcode (parental) on my 360E. According to Support there is nothing that can be done to reset. Any advice community, please 402501fa-01d3-401b-81a2-5426b0815333
  5. Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E?: Hey all, Recently bought an XBOX 360 S (Gears of War 3 edition, brand new, pretty sweet), and I'm having a crapton of internet problems with it out of the box. I have an old XBOX 360 E I bought...
  6. Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E?: Hey all, Recently bought an XBOX 360 S (Gears of War 3 edition, brand new, pretty sweet), and I'm having a crapton of internet problems with it out of the box. I have an old XBOX 360 E I bought...
  7. Xbox 360E console doesn't start up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360E console doesn't start up.: My Xbox 360E 4G Console doesn't start up. On, starting the console via controller or via power key, the green colour led light on the power key lights up for a second and then turns off. The fan...
  8. xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?: Hi, I have a xbox 360 E 4GB console. It supports plugging in an external USB hard drive,. Will the original xbox emulator be installable onto the external hard drive, allowing me to play...
  9. XBOX 360E console

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360E console: Hi there, I recently purchased an Xbox 360 console as a gift for my son when I go home this February in the Philippines. I didn't realise till yesterday when my sister told me that it might not...
  10. XBox 360E w/OEM 500GB HDD will not play XBox games listed as compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360E w/OEM 500GB HDD will not play XBox games listed as compatible: I bought a used XBox 360E from Gamestop with an Microsoft OEM 500GB XBox S HDD installed. The 360E was manufactured in 2015 and various testing is marked as having been done by Gamestop on a...