39 Hour Installation Time

Discus and support 39 Hour Installation Time in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I got Assassin's Creed Unity (Digital Download) yesterday, and began installing around 10:30, and I am now at 61%. I did the math, and that's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jimbo12496, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Jimbo12496
    Jimbo12496 Guest

Hey,

I got Assassin's Creed Unity (Digital Download) yesterday, and began installing around 10:30, and I am now at 61%. I did the math, and that's roughly 2.58% installed per hour. This is absolutely ridiculous. Advanced Warfare took me about three hours, Wolfenstein
    was about 8 hours, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag was around 5 hours. I've never had a game take over half a day to install, let alone two full days (if it keeps at this rate). Was this a widespread problem for this game, or for digital downloads in general?
    Why does Microsoft continue to allow the installation times to take longer and longer? This is a nightmare. What are they using my $400 + $60 for every game + $10 for Xbox Live on if they're not delivering quality service and effective fixes to their clearly
    monumental problem of installation times? If this continues to persist, I'm never supporting Microsoft again. There is no way around this: This is, by all means, ridiculous.

:)

Jimbo12496, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Battlefield problems!!!

Ok hour and a half. 4/39

Darth Stricken, Dec 26, 2014
  3. IvanPires060
    IvanPires060 Guest
    Download from live stopped in 39%

I buy Call of Duty Advanced Warfare to download from Live. The download stopped in 39%. I uninstall and try new

installation, but it stop in 39% again. I don't know what I do now. Sorry bad English.

IvanPires060, Dec 26, 2014
  4. 39 Hour Installation Time

Unity took me a whack of time to install as well (probably about two days). Judging by your other download times, it sounds like your internet speed isn't the problem. You can still play a game after a certain percentage of download, though. I never really
    paid attention to how much space Unity was compared to a shooter like Battlefield 4, but I'm assuming it is much bigger than most shooting games, much bigger than Black Flag (which was just an updated for One version), and larger than Wolfenstein.

AttackSloth32, Dec 27, 2014
  5. AttackSloth32 Win User

Unity took me a whack of time to install as well (probably about two days). Judging by your other download times, it sounds like your internet speed isn't the problem. You can still play a game after a certain percentage of download, though. I never really
    paid attention to how much space Unity was compared to a shooter like Battlefield 4, but I'm assuming it is much bigger than most shooting games, much bigger than Black Flag (which was just an updated for One version), and larger than Wolfenstein.
  6. MA71LDA Win User

Advanced warfare downloading so freaking slow!!!!!

Lets all pay £54.99 for the digital version which takes a week to download....or buy a disc copy for £39 and install it within an hour! Although mine did refuse to budge from queued>installing for over half an hour because I tried downloading the update
    at the same time, after a little alteration I was fine. I do prefer the convenience of digital though.
  7. Darth Stricken Win User

Battlefield problems!!!

Ok hour and a half. 4/39
  8. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

ME3 Statistics

As of this moment, my total Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer play time is 896 Hours 39 Minutes 15 seconds and I have been through 3142 missions :)
  9. Glu10Free Win User

Current gen game with the most hours played?

Right now Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare holds my most time played at 45 hours, followed by Destiny at 39 hours, and GTA 5 at 11 hours. Since I no longer play either of my most played I have a feeling GTA 5 and Sunset Overdrive will surpass both of them.
Thema:

1. 39 Hour Installation Time - Similar Threads - Hour Installation

2. Why does installing. Gta take 72 hours

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does installing. Gta take 72 hours: So it started installing 72 hours ago and its only at 26 percent whats happening???? 4891ad64-8967-453b-9253-c79276e79851
  3. How come it takes over 3 hours to install one disk in your xbox s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How come it takes over 3 hours to install one disk in your xbox s: how come it takes over 3 hours to install one game disk in xbox s * Moved from msn 5a88cc0d-d42d-47b9-87fb-d4f54864d05d
  4. Installation stalled at 66% for last 12 hours

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stalled at 66% for last 12 hours: I downloaded Modern Warfare for my Xbox One and it's showing that all of the game packs have downloaded fine but the installation has stalled so I can't play the campaign mode or co-op. Does...
  5. Game installing in 10 hours

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installing in 10 hours: I got forza horizon 4 today and I was so excited to play the game. The game is around 60 GB . I inserted the disc,my network was going around 15 mbps . But my disc reaches 4.5 GB of 35 and just...
  6. Why do games take hours to install on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do games take hours to install on my Xbox One?: I'm talking like 4-7 hours of installing a game with 1.5 TB of free space. 219e67b9-4d32-4c46-beab-91e9bfabf9ea
  7. Almost 20 hours and still installing a 9 GB update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Almost 20 hours and still installing a 9 GB update...: Anyone else having this issue? Microsoft said it is an "isolated issue" but I doubt that it is since XBL kept going offline all last night. Anyone know any tricks on how to get the download to...
  8. 12 hours and still installing from disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    12 hours and still installing from disc: AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!....................MICROSOOOOOOFFFTTTTT.....this is absolute BS I got this game in the mail today at 11am started installing around 230pm and it's 2:51am and it's only...
  9. E200 error less than 24 hours after installing

in XBoX on Consoles
    E200 error less than 24 hours after installing: Hi, I recently installed an Xbox one. I played for a few hours and then turned it off properly. 4 hours ago I turned it on to get an error code "E200 000000EF 00000000". I have searched online for...
  10. Should it take hours to install a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should it take hours to install a game?: Just got the One and incredibly, it takes hours to install games from discs. Even while disconnected from the net. It took quite a while to install Halo MCC from a disc while offline, thinking...