3rd Party App Atmos/proper Atmos

Discus and support 3rd Party App Atmos/proper Atmos in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any sign of getting atmos support in 3rd party apps (plex/Kodi)? Its a bit ridiculous at this stage that an amazon fire for 30 euros and other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emmey Joe, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Emmey Joe
    Emmey Joe Guest

Is there any sign of getting atmos support in 3rd party apps (plex/Kodi)? Its a bit ridiculous at this stage that an amazon fire for 30 euros and other devices 3 or 4 years old can do this but a brand new Xbox for 500 euros can't.

Also, the current atmos app is terrible, it just upmixes the audio you give it and converts it to atmos instead of playing audio in its correct format. I thought all of this would be resolved with the series X but unfortunately not.

:)

Emmey Joe, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Arminator Win User

Atmos MKV Problem

It seems that the Movie&TV app doesn't have the proper Atmos Decoder for an Atmos audio track muxed into an MKV. So unfortunately, the only way to get Atmos is to use original BluRay discs with an Atmos audio track.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  4. hippiman72 Win User

dolby atmos not working in games and netflix

Hiya,

Thank you for your responses

It still says multichannel pcm input on my amp, not atmos, this is even when I try running an atmos demo in the atmos app which says that atmos for home theatre is enabled.

Yet if I put a disk in i get atmos sound
  5. silwenae99 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I can confirm this bug with the Dolby Atmos app.

My setup: Denon X4200W receiver with Xbox One S.

Atmos works fine in the Dolby Atmos app, Blu-Ray and Netflix (the movie Okja is the only Atmos movie on Netflix). All other Netflix videos and Xbox apps default back to 2.0 down mix as posted above.
  6. Twpo826 Win User

Dolby Atmos & Netflix broken on Xbox One (original console)

Yeah you misunderstand, both devices have been setup via the atmos app. Output atmos content via hdmi to the same receiver. They both are playing atmos but do not perform the same at all. This is not a user error this is an app problem.
Thema:

1. 3rd Party App Atmos/proper Atmos - Similar Threads - 3rd Party App

2. Are there any 3rd party cooling add ons for Xbox series x ? I made this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are there any 3rd party cooling add ons for Xbox series x ? I made this.: Hereis my attempt at making a heat exreactor this is a prototype. [img] 482078ac-1ef9-4a11-960f-63621c79a58b
  3. Series X microsoft complete (3rd party purchases)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X microsoft complete (3rd party purchases): Hi All, I spoke to an MS representative who claimed that MS complete isn't available for any 3rd party vendor purchases (e.g. amazon). The website doesn't say anything about this, it just says...
  4. Xbox Series X - Achievement and 3rd Party Purchase Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Achievement and 3rd Party Purchase Issues: Hello community! While I have been blown away by my Xbox Series X there are some issues that I am seeing: Assassins Creed Valhalla: Achievements are not unlocking correctly? Some individual ones...
  5. Series X Atmos 3rd party apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Atmos 3rd party apps: Hi, does anyone know if the Series X will offer Atmos for 3rd party apps (specifically plex)?. 2bb83f5d-1dbd-4602-96e1-cfa200eed6d3
  6. Xbox series s/x ssd compared to 3rd party hd,S/ssd,s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s/x ssd compared to 3rd party hd,S/ssd,s: Is there enough info/specs out on the series s/x ssd that some smart folks have done some theoretical/factual comparisons to 3rd party HD,s/SSD,s. Unfortunately my old 1tb seagate 5400 plugged...
  7. Xbox Series X Atmos support in 3rd party apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Atmos support in 3rd party apps: I've already seen numerous posts (although difficult to find what you want anymore, I miss the old forums) and it is clear Microsoft is not going to address the lack of support for 3rd party apps...
  8. How to become a 3rd party developer?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to become a 3rd party developer?: Hello all. As we all know Flight simulator 2020 is right around the corner and as it draws near, we all can't but wait to see what aircraft are inside. As i have been updated by the insider...
  9. 3rd party headsets on windows 10 xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3rd party headsets on windows 10 xbox app: Understandably window 10 Xbox app is still beta for some players already have good quality headsets for the gaming laptops/towers. For me party chat in Xbox app works only for sound no mic....
  10. 3rd Party XBox One Music apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3rd Party XBox One Music apps: Why no Music apps on Xbox One beside Xbox Music? Xbox 360 Has iHeartRadio, Vevo, and last.fm. I used all 3 because they are free subscriptions and they were 30% of my Xbox 360's Live usage (Video...