4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets.

Discus and support 4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive had this issue with my Xbox One S for almost a year now. If i spend a long time playing games, eventually the dashboard will slow to a crawl and i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prog589, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Prog589
    Prog589 Guest

Ive had this issue with my Xbox One S for almost a year now. If i spend a long time playing games, eventually the dashboard will slow to a crawl and i will be unable to launch any games or apps and sometimes the dashboard will be stuck on a grey screen.

If i select the restart console option, then the green startup screen will appear, but the console wont get past the screen. I would then hold the power button to do a hard reset, but the console still wont move past the green startup screen upon restart.

i tried unplugging the power cable from the xbox for a few hours and that wouldnt resolve it.

eventually, it gets to the point i need to factory reset almost every day or every few days. Interestingly enough, this issue doesnt surface if i use apps like media player or netflix, but once i play games for a long time, the console become unusuable and
    needs a factory reset.

also, just before the slowdown occurs, my games stopped saving a few times. I once lost an hour of gameplay in a game that autosaves every few minutes. The autosave icon appeared, but nothing uploaded to the cloud when i recovered my saves after factory
    reset.

Long story short: hard reset doesnt work, power cycle doesnt work, factory reset only works for a couple of days or less. I think i factory reset my console more than 50 times this year and it is super annoying. The console works great until this slowdown
    occurs. Thankfully the app console setup is fast, but i shouldnt have to factory reset my console everyday from casual use.

any insight would be much appreciated!

:)

Prog589, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

Hi,

The main Operating System on an Xbox console is run from the hard drive. By the looks of what you're describing, the hard drive in your console is failing. The only fix is get your console repaired.
  3. OneBowlTKO Win User

Xbox One S is running extremely slow

I have factory reset keeping mu games....this didnt fix it. I factory reset losing my game this didnt fix it. Seriously what’s wrong my S isnt even a year old.
  4. telMitusXBM Win User

The game uninstall, but after reboot are back again in the games installed

5. BruceDartnall-Smith Win User

Xbox one S. On startup it looks and sounds ok then freezes

Hi, ive tried the factory reset as suggested several times but to no avail. Its not getting as far as going to the xBox Startup Troubleshooter.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

This Xbox One S is less than a year old, presumably its still covered under its warranty. Anyone had experience of repair or replacement?

TIA
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Factory reset old xbox

Hello, yes once you setup the new console it will give option to download all of your games. Make sure you sign into the correct account that purchased the games so they can be sent to the ready to download.
Thema:

1. 4 year old Xbox one s constantly needing factory resets. - Similar Threads - old constantly needing

2. Will old Xbox One dlc codes work on series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will old Xbox One dlc codes work on series X: I have a couple dlc codes for RDR2 and Fallout 4 so will i be able to re-use them. My brother and i will probably use the same account except ill be on Series X and he will be on Xbox One so we...
  3. Using old gamertag from before the merge.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using old gamertag from before the merge.: I'm hoping to find a way to use my old account from before Xbox accounts and Microsoft accounts were merged. I don't really care about all of my achievements or anything from my old account, I...
  4. Can someone help me repair my old Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help me repair my old Xbox 360?: I have this old Xbox 360 S 4GB that I has as a kid that I wanted to put in my room for whenever people came over and wanted to play on it. The problem is that when I tried to get it working, I had...
  5. Old Account Revival?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Account Revival?: Hello to whoever reads this! I have been meaning to do this for sometime now, but I never knew how. I really want to revive an old account, but I only know the email to it. The connected email has...
  6. Old account with a gamertag I'd like

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account with a gamertag I'd like: My gamertag is Ricardo rpd5837 but I just want Ricardo rpd. The acc with Ricardo rpd has 0 gamerscore and 2 followers and is highly inactive. Is there a way i can request the gamertag from them?...
  7. 6 month old xbox1 froze and crashed constantly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    6 month old xbox1 froze and crashed constantly: I have a 6 month old xbox1 one that I had to do a factory reset on due to constant hanging and crashes. After factory reset I couldn't login so I made another account. Now I can get into new...
  8. 1st Gen Xbox One Constantly Freezes. Is it hardware or just old and needs to go?

in XBoX on Consoles
    1st Gen Xbox One Constantly Freezes. Is it hardware or just old and needs to go?: Hello and whats goin on wit ya? Well i'm having some difficulties and with my 1st Gen Xbox One and it constantly Freezes. Is it hardware or just old and needs to go? Owned this thing since 2016 so...
  9. No XBOX Live as old card is constantly debited, not new card.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No XBOX Live as old card is constantly debited, not new card.: To cut a long story short: My old card was stolen, thus when it came renewal time Xbox Gold could not be renewed. I followed the instructions and added a new card, cancelled auto-renewal (to stop...
  10. Old White XBox 360 constant freezing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old White XBox 360 constant freezing.: I got an old XBox 360 that keeps freezing, even when not playing games. No warning with the 4 lights on front. It just freezes anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 mins after it turns on. I've made sure...