: 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync?

Discus and support : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? My tv can do both freesync and standard VRR on it. It’s a 2020 LG NANO90 series tv. Which should I use to set it up, when... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by WARRIOR I M, Jun 29, 2021.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

My tv can do both freesync and standard VRR on it. It’s a 2020 LG NANO90 series tv. Which should I use to set it up, when I’ll be playing FPS games 99.9% of time? Any official word from Xbox?

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

you need to look where your getting your info, even the xbox one S supports vrr and 1080p with the setting to 120hz. that monitor supports 120hz and freesync, you don't need hdmi 2.1 for 1080p and 120hz with freesync at all.

you need hdmi 2.1 for 4k at 120hz with vrr.

I have that screen and its fine for most gaming uses.

that screen has console mode for 120hz, and works fine.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x not recognizing 4K at 60 fps

Hi,

Your TV is working normally and supports 4K/60.

The up to native 1080 at 120 FPS is not a glitch. The vizio p65-f1 can actually do 120Hz at 1080P. This why this is here. However, don't get too excited. While 120Hz is supported, the TV does not do VRR (variable refresh rate). Without VRR, a 120Hz refresh
    will not be smooth for gaming.
  4. Rako�� Win User

4k 120fps

I have a samsung q70t tv contains hdmi 2.1 vrr 120hz and will the games run in 4k 120fps for example warzone or cold war
  5. RobertYoungblood Win User

LG CX, Xbox Series X, Sea Of Thieves 120Hz Update

Do I need to change the Xbox SX settings from 4K UHD/120hz, to 1080p/120hz, and turn off instant game response (VRR) for the Sea Of Thieves 1080p/120hz update?

Not sure I can be bothered every time I load the game up!

Also am I meant to be turning off instant game response (VRR) and setting the Xbox to run at 60 Hz for Apps/Bluray as well?

Could I just leave the Xbox settings as 4K UHD/120hz with VRR (Instant Game Response) enabled on the CX for everything?

No idea really about any of this stuff! I'm just a console gamer trying to get by! If I wanted to fiddle about with settings every time I did anything I would have got a pc!

Any advice is most welcome thank you in advance!
  6. RobertYoungblood Win User

LG CX, Xbox Series X, Sea Of Thieves 120Hz Update

Do I need to change the Xbox SX settings from 4K UHD/120hz, to 1080p/120hz, and turn off instant game response (VRR) for the Sea Of Thieves 1080p/120hz update?

Also am I meant to be turning off instant game response (VRR) and setting the Xbox to run at 60 Hz for Apps/Bluray as well?

Could I just leave the Xbox settings as 4K UHD/120hz with VRR (Instant Game Response) enabled on the CX for everything?

No idea really about any of this stuff! I'm just a console gamer trying to get by! If I wanted to fiddle about with settings every time I did anything I would have got a pc!

Help please my frost time

OkDo I need to change the Xbox SX settings from 4K UHD/120hz, to 1080p/120hz, and turn off instant game response (VRR) for the Sea Of Thieves 1080p/120hz update?

Help please my frost time
Thema:

1. : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? - Similar Threads - 4K@120hz VRR Freesync

2. HDR support for non-4K resolutions

in XboX Insiders
    HDR support for non-4K resolutions: Many people with HDMI 2.0 4K televisions can’t take advantage of 120hz HDR since the Xbox doesn’t support 1080p or 1440p HDR. As well as people with 1080p/1440p HDR monitors. Sony supports 1080p...
  3. Xbox one x recordings lagg in 4K

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x recordings lagg in 4K: Hey, so I have an Xbox one x. I can record in 1080p just fine while playing in 4K on my 4K TV, but when I try to record in 4K as well, I can play the game just fine, but when I play back...
  4. Is the xbox sX 4K dasboard automatic or can it be done manually ?

in XboX Insiders
    Is the xbox sX 4K dasboard automatic or can it be done manually ?: G'day Just wanting to know how to enable 4K dashboard or is it automatic being part of the insider program ? Thanks in advance submitted by /u/Twiisstteh [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Series X Not Even Showing DV @ 120Hz in "4K Details" - "Playing Games" section.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Not Even Showing DV @ 120Hz in "4K Details" - "Playing Games" section.: Sorry if this is a broken record. I own an LG CX 65' with the engineer channel updated to allow 4K with DV @ 120Hz. I see it happening all over. But for some reason...my XSX is not even showing it...
  6. Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos distortion when VRR disabled in 4K 120hz mode fixed!: I reported this issue to LG and Xbox 6 months ago a few weeks after I received my Xbox Series X at launch. Initially things were fine, but a few weeks after launch after an Xbox Alpha Insider...
  7. 4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos

in XboX Insiders
    4K 120Hz + ALLM + VRR breaks ALLM, turning off VRR fixes it but then breaks Dolby Atmos: I have reported these issues many times since last year. No response from Microsoft and has not been fixed. I wish there was a way to see if our issues were acknowledged or not. It feels like they...
  8. Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please

in XboX Insiders
    Informations on 4K 120hz VRR flickering bug please: Hi there, Concerns SeriesX Can we please have more informations on this topic as this is very problematic. My 55inch C9 is suffering a strange artefact (not related to Live+ LG setting) and we...
  9. Series X - Should I be using 4k @ 60hz or 1440 @ 120hz with VRR?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Should I be using 4k @ 60hz or 1440 @ 120hz with VRR?: Hey all, As per the title, my TV (Samsung Q9FN) can support 4k at 60hz or 1440p at 120hz with VRR, what is the best option? I thought that if you set the resolution/refresh rate in the dashboard...
  10. XBOX SERIES X - 4K @ 120Hz (+) VRR = BROKEN!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X - 4K @ 120Hz (+) VRR = BROKEN!: The Xbox Series X was said to deliver Native 4K Gaming @ 120Hz with VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), however, day one, corrupt images/no signal on TVs by Samsung, LG, and Vizio. This is completely...