4K Blu-Ray with XBOX ONE S

Discus and support 4K Blu-Ray with XBOX ONE S in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, I'd like to playback 4k uhd blu-rays with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I am aware of both the 4k blu-ray and Dolby Atmos capability but I'm not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mateotsag, May 23, 2019.

1. Mateotsag
    Mateotsag Guest

So, I'd like to playback 4k uhd blu-rays with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I am aware of both the 4k blu-ray and Dolby Atmos capability but I'm not sure about Dolby Vision. Was there some update that enabled Dolby Vision in the past months or are we still
    waiting for that?

:)

Mateotsag, May 23, 2019
  2. Mister Beep Win User

4k problems on xbox one s

Hey WILDman260,

Are specifically having this issue with the 4K Blue-Ray version of Oblivion as well? I saw that you mentioned 4K Blu-Rays worked before the update, did you set up your Xbox One S and try a 4K Blu-ray before updating?

Ghostshrimp,

Thanks for posting this up, are there any other Universal Studios 4K Blu-Ray movies that you can try out as well? In the meantime, please try uninstalling the Blu-Ray app, power cycle your Xbox One S console by holding the power button, and then reinstall
    the Blu-Ray app.

Let us know how it goes!
  3. MaximumExtreme Win User

4K Blu-rays not working 0x91d70001

Do you have xbox one or xbox one s? Only the xbox one s does 4k blu-rays
  4. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  5. Slayin Bodies Win User

Can the xBox play DVD-RAM discs?

it can, it may have region locks for your area but yes the xbox one can play cd, dvd, blu-ray, and if you have the x/s 4k blu ray
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
Thema:

1. 4K Blu-Ray with XBOX ONE S - Similar Threads - Blu Ray

2. Blu-ray issues

in XboX Insiders
    Blu-ray issues: Hello! As of right now I don't know if my Xbox X has already downloaded the new update that's currently up. But before the new update I was having issues with starting the Blu-ray player. All it...
  3. Blu Ray app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray app: Hi, i am having trouble with the blu ray app on my xbox one x. Since the update it will not play any discs and comes up with the error code 0x8027025a , but my game discs work so its not the disc...
  4. Blu Ray/DVD leads to static and flickering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray/DVD leads to static and flickering: I'm having issues with playing DVDs or Blu Rays on my Xbox X. My games work just fine, but once I insert a DVD with the Blu Ray app on, the display starts flickering, switching between static,...
  5. Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player app totally broken for 3D discs now?: All of the sudden my xbox one is having massive problems reading 3d blurays (sometimes it gets past the menu and freezes, sometimes it just locks. Testes the discs is a standalone 3d player i no...
  6. Requesting small improvement for the Blu-ray app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requesting small improvement for the Blu-ray app: Hello I'm a sparetime Blu-ray Disc Java developer, creating various projects for Blu-ray, such as videoalbums and games. Since both the PlayStation and Xbox consoles feature a Blu-ray player, it...
  7. Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow video playback on Netflix and blu ray apps.: Hi, my xbox one has started to slow down video playback, including both audio and visual. This is occurring whilst watching DVDs and blu-rays using the blu-ray app, and also using Netflix. To fix...
  8. Blu ray has taken too long to start (0x802705a)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu ray has taken too long to start (0x802705a): I have been unable since the most recent update to watch any of my blu-rays or dvds on my xbox one x but instead am given a message similar to the thread subject with the same code. I have looked...
  9. Black Hawk Down Extended Edition UHD blu-ray has issues with seamless branching, just like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Hawk Down Extended Edition UHD blu-ray has issues with seamless branching, just like...: So I just got the Blackhawk Down Extended Edition UHD Blu-ray, and just like Ridley’s Scott’s The Martian Extended Edition Blu-Ray, the extended edition glitches whenever their is a new scene. The...
  10. Blu-Ray player fragmenting/Skipping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player fragmenting/Skipping: Hi guys looking for some help Was watching Mary Poppings Returns last night with the Kids and at around the 1hr 10min mark the picture starts fragmenting/skipping/freezing and all round generally...