4K Blu-Ray with XBOX ONE S

Discus and support 4K Blu-Ray with XBOX ONE S in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, I'd like to playback 4k uhd blu-rays with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I am aware of both the 4k blu-ray and Dolby Atmos capability but I'm not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mateotsag, May 23, 2019.

1. Mateotsag
    Mateotsag Guest

So, I'd like to playback 4k uhd blu-rays with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I am aware of both the 4k blu-ray and Dolby Atmos capability but I'm not sure about Dolby Vision. Was there some update that enabled Dolby Vision in the past months or are we still
    waiting for that?

:)

Mateotsag, May 23, 2019
  2. matthewiag Win User

4K content

Xbox One and Xbox One S are 1080P Gaming

Xbox One S will play 4K Blu Ray's

Xbox One X will play Game in 4K if they are Enhanced with 4K Support + 4k Blu Ray support

They Xbox One X will also Upscale on a 1080p screen so you will see some benefit of the Xbox One X
  3. Mister Beep Win User

4k problems on xbox one s

Hey WILDman260,

Are specifically having this issue with the 4K Blue-Ray version of Oblivion as well? I saw that you mentioned 4K Blu-Rays worked before the update, did you set up your Xbox One S and try a 4K Blu-ray before updating?

Ghostshrimp,

Thanks for posting this up, are there any other Universal Studios 4K Blu-Ray movies that you can try out as well? In the meantime, please try uninstalling the Blu-Ray app, power cycle your Xbox One S console by holding the power button, and then reinstall
    the Blu-Ray app.

Let us know how it goes!
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

4K Blu-rays not working 0x91d70001

Do you have xbox one or xbox one s? Only the xbox one s does 4k blu-rays
  5. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  6. t4ryn it up Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
Thema:

1. 4K Blu-Ray with XBOX ONE S - Similar Threads - Blu Ray

2. Region free blu ray discs.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region free blu ray discs.: I recently purchased a set of blu ray discs that were advertised as region free. Microsoft says that region free discs will play on any xbox one console, but the blu ray player app will not...
  3. One X doesn't switch to 1080p24 for blu ray playback

in XboX Insiders
    One X doesn't switch to 1080p24 for blu ray playback: Non-UHD 2D discs play back at 4K, and 3D discs playback at 1080p (30 or 60, my TV only reports when it's 24). I'm on the July 26 build. submitted by /u/rbronco21 [link] [comments]
  4. Atmos games in Mutich PCM Blu ray in Atmos, Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Atmos games in Mutich PCM Blu ray in Atmos, Why?: Upgraded my 7.2 Onkyo to a 9.2 NR797 to be exact and my Atmos games play in Mutich pcm now and the Dolby Access app, Neflix along with Insects does the same thing but all blu rays play what the...
  5. Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One S (thinks the game is a blu ray disk)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One S (thinks the game is a blu ray disk): I tried to play my xbox 360 version of Black Ops 2 but it came up with a prompt to download blu-ray player. I downloaded it but then nothing happens. I tried a couple of months later by inserting...
  6. Blu-ray app issues with 4K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray app issues with 4K: Looking through the forums, there has for a long time been issues with the ability of the Blu-ray app to play certain 4K UHD movies. I have encountered issues with getting a couple of movies to...
  7. xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all: Video stutters, it's like a sudden jump in motion, audio is fine the same time Basically this 4k works, no issue...
  8. Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox not sending out Dolby Atmos or DTS audio anymore except for Blu-Ray: I have an Xbox One X (OS version 10.0.18362.6065), a Denon AVR-S950H Dolby Atmos compatible receiver, along with a Klipsch 7.1 speaker setup in my home. For the last year and up to this week...
  9. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards: I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have...
  10. Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray: trying to load bluray and it wont start up. Have searched the error code and it isnt recognised on the microsoft website, what can i do? 24ae8315-6d0f-46c8-a253-bce489474e89