4K Blurry picture distortion?

Discus and support 4K Blurry picture distortion? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive had my One X for nearly a year now and it seems to be working fine - only recently started watching 4K discs on it though. Im having an ugly issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RichMcDrums, Jun 12, 2019.

1. RichMcDrums
    RichMcDrums Guest

Ive had my One X for nearly a year now and it seems to be working fine - only recently started watching 4K discs on it though.

Im having an ugly issue with blocks of pixellated distortion (sorry I don't know what this effect is called) in high contrast areas. It seems to happen occasionally on 'blown out' white
    or very bright skies. Its like very low res pinkish pixelly clouds - colour burning I guess - that sometimes appear in films.

I first noticed this on the Dunkirk disc in the bright white skies above the beaches, when I was flicking though some more extreme picture settings on the tv. I seemed to 'create' it on
    that occasion, but watching back since it's there on any setting and since watching other films (Jason Bourne and others) it seems unavoidable, almost like its a fault on the disc, which I find unlikely...? I have since reset my TV picture settings and only
    use cinema mode now with all assisted settings turned off which hasn't fixed the problem.

:)

RichMcDrums, Jun 12, 2019
  2. RichMcDrums Win User

Have tried reinstalling the blu ray app - no luck.

Will try a hard reset next - what exactly will I lose on the console by doing a hard reset??
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

You might also try uninstalling/reinstalling the app.
  4. Emiltjalol Win User

Horrible film grain effect

For me the picture is blurry and awful :(
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox One S and HDR

Ummm cause only 4k tvs support hdr

Even on a ps4 pro

Hate to burst your bubble but hdr is only meant for 4k tv

Hdr sets res at 1440p or.higher and allows.for advance color control.only available on 4k res

The only things that play in hdr on xbox one s is 4k bluray and 4k streaming

If you tried this on a 1080p tv you will have blurry lines instead of a good picture

Because you are trying to squeeze too much res into a 1080p

Hdr onlybworks when the tv and player support HDR and 1080p tvs dont

Neither dods a ps4 slim or originsl

Only pro units do and xbox ome s and .x
  6. Mohamedmoh1 Win User

HDMI

When you go to the output video option and change the resolution to 640 x480 the picture works but is very small and when the HDmi option is displayed, a blurry picture appears
Thema:

1. 4K Blurry picture distortion? - Similar Threads - Blurry picture distortion

2. Xbox 360 Game Blurry

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Game Blurry: Hello, i play 360 games on my xbox one, but it's blurry and not sharp. How do i fix it? Do any of you have the same problem? I also have my resolution at 1080p. It's really annoying....
  3. Mixer broadcast from Xbox One is blurry & lags.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mixer broadcast from Xbox One is blurry & lags.: Split from this thread. I'm also having issues streaming from xbox one to mixer while playing pubg. My in game runs smooth but playback on mixer and after downloading is terrible but only at...
  4. Mixer broadcast from Xbox One is blurry & lags.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mixer broadcast from Xbox One is blurry & lags.: I've been having this issue for about a week now. I used to stream with the exact same setup I have now. Same console, same cam, same headset, same internet, and so on. Never had issues before and...
  5. Does anyone have problems with the graphics? When i load the game, it becomes a bit blurry

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have problems with the graphics? When i load the game, it becomes a bit blurry: Idk why, but when i load the game, it becomes blurry, low quality graphics. it once used to be perfect.. this happened after the revoultion dlc..anyone who can help me with?...
  6. blurry

in XBoX Games and Apps
    blurry: did they fix the xbox one blurry image ? 1e538237-a37d-418d-a8c3-ac583e09017f
  7. Textures blurry

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Textures blurry: Been playing for many months on a world using the Fantasy Texture Pack. It has been running fine. However, within the past week, some of the sprite textures have been really fuzzy/blurry. The...
  8. Blurry Lines Windows Game Recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blurry Lines Windows Game Recording: okay so I was so excited to be able to capture my gameplay 4th using the built in software Xbox has provided to windows. But everytime I record my gameplay and then go to edit it for YouTube.....
  9. So because live is having problems I can't use blurry player WTF!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So because live is having problems I can't use blurry player WTF!!!: What kind of crap is going on!!! tried on both my consoles and blue ray doesn't work on either!!! Why the F does the live servers be working fine in order for me to watch blurays!!!!!...
  10. XBOX ONE X HDR look dark and blurry with "TCL 55P605" TV ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X HDR look dark and blurry with "TCL 55P605" TV ?: I just brought the TCL 55P605 and I can't figure out if there is something wrong with the TV or ONEX with HDR. The 4K look awesome until I enabled HDR on my ONEX from the setting. Everytime I...