4K clips don't last upto hour with external drive connected to Xbox

Discus and support 4K clips don't last upto hour with external drive connected to Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an external SSD connected to my Xbox One X and when I try to record 1 hour (4K HDR) of gameplay let's say of Gears 5 the clips stops recording... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMarston, May 23, 2020.

1. xMarston
    xMarston Guest

I have an external SSD connected to my Xbox One X and when I try to record 1 hour (4K HDR) of gameplay let's say of Gears 5 the clips stops recording randomly. They last from 30 seconds to 5 min approximately.

I have this SSD specifically: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-500GB-Extreme-Portable-External/dp/B07S1PCSV5/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1Y3R9LZBPM6PS&dchild=1&keywords=sandisk+extreme+pro&qid=1590237899&sprefix=sandisk+extre%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-8

If I select 1080p SDR as game clip resolution it records 1 hour of gameplay as expected.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? Could be a problem that the SSD is only USB-powered?

Thanks.

:)

xMarston, May 23, 2020
  2. xMarston Win User

Yes, the SSD came with USB 3.0. About compatibility with the Xbox, how can I check this?
  3. SomeOldSchool Win User

Hello there,

I heard that you need USB 3.0 cable for the external drive it could fix the issue but i am not sure if a USB 3.0 works with your current SSD and you might also check your SSD compatibility with the Xbox.

Have a good day!
  4. ArminatorX Win User

recording for youtube

5. Dadwhite Win User

Need help

Jackie,

You really need an external hard drive. The minimum requirement for external storage is:

-Must be a USB 3

-must be larger the 256GB

You can use a memory stick but the external hard drives will probably be cheaper for more storage and better performance. I've used memory sticks mostly to transfer for capture game clips for video. For basic info: an Xbox One console can use upto 3
    external storage device (HardDrives) upto 8TB each.

Hope this helps
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

External Hard Drive with Xbox 360

Could your friend be talking about an external hard drive with an Xbox One. You can use an external usb 3.0 hard drive with that console, but you can only use external storage upto 32gb on an xbox 360.
Thema:

1. 4K clips don't last upto hour with external drive connected to Xbox - Similar Threads - clips don't last

2. I cannot share game clips with Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot share game clips with Companion App: I cannot share game clips. As the notification pops up after trying to share any game clip it gives this notice: "You Can't Share Game Clips - There might be a problem with the service or it could...
  3. Does my Xbox remove clips, saves, screenshots, accounts etc. when I press ‘Reset and keep...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my Xbox remove clips, saves, screenshots, accounts etc. when I press ‘Reset and keep...: Ive been wondering this for a while and could not find the answer on the internet f3d45979-16b0-4ecd-a078-353db7465eae
  4. Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clips: When i go to my clips i cant see any of my rainbow six seige clips they all just dissapered is there anything i can do 4470c2ff-0570-417c-962c-3ea1c166b451
  5. Game Clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Clip: I clipped something that was supposed to be 30 seconds but it was only 14 seconds. Is there anyway you guys can send the whole clip or anyway i can get that clip?...
  6. 为什么我在xbox游戏上录制的剪辑没有“上传”选项?[Edit - Translate] Why don't the clips I recorded on the Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    为什么我在xbox游戏上录制的剪辑没有“上传”选项?[Edit - Translate] Why don't the clips I recorded on the Xbox...: 我在游戏中录制的视频想上 到xbox live,可是下面只有“打开文件夹” [Translated by Mod] The video I recorded in the game wanted to upload to Xbox Live, but there's only "open folder" down there. [img]...
  7. Why don't Microsoft make Auto-delete clips optional?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't Microsoft make Auto-delete clips optional?: Because it conflicts with your external hard drive a0b31222-0f15-48fc-a771-3d2d623df099
  8. Game clips don't appear in Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clips don't appear in Xbox app.: The Game DVR in my Xbox successfully records game clips, and saves them to the correct folder, but they don't appear in the Game DVR section of the Xbox app. I know that it's the correct folder,...
  9. PC clips don't upload to activity feed

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC clips don't upload to activity feed: Hey. On PC in games such as Gears 4 you can press the windows button and the G key and it will open up a menu similar to when you double tap the xbox button on the Xbone. It brings up stuff such...
  10. STAR WARS™ Battlefront , achievements games clips and screen shots don't share or save???

in XBoX on Consoles
    STAR WARS™ Battlefront , achievements games clips and screen shots don't share or save???: STAR WARS™ Battlefront , achievements games clips and screen shots don't share or save??? I had early EA access, I get why they would not save, share till after the 17th when it went public, but...