4K content

Discus and support 4K content in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was just curious about gaming in 4K on Xbox One and wanted to know the following: If I have a 4K compatible game and a 4K TV, but my console doesn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StevoMatty, Oct 6, 2019.

1. StevoMatty
    StevoMatty Guest

4K content

I was just curious about gaming in 4K on Xbox One and wanted to know the following:

If I have a 4K compatible game and a 4K TV, but my console doesn’t support upscaling or a native 4K output (e.g. like the original Xbox One), would I still get to play the game in 4K? Or would this still be displayed as 1080p HD?

I understand most 4K TVs analyse the signal input of video and attempt to convert the output to display 4K, but I wasn’t sure if the same is true for gaming.

:)

StevoMatty, Oct 6, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

4K content

The Xbox One will only output at 1080p

The Xbox One S features 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for games and video. In addition to supporting 4K video content when used in conjunction with a 4K TV, Xbox One S will also upscale non-4K content
    to display at 4K when paired with a 4K TV. When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console — Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is
    upscaled to 4K.

The Xbox One X - 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K

More info:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

One S 4k Gaming

Your information is not correct. Actually when you set the xbox one S console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content)
    is upscaled to 4K.

For more info:
    support.xbox.com/.../4k-on-xbox-one-s
  4. WPAK Win User

Does X1 S Upscale Games and Blu-Rays to 4K?

Hi there,

let me try to answer your questions.

1 and 2. Yes it can play 4K Blu-ray discs and Yes when set to 4K output it will upscale the content. See this snippet from the support page: "When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at
    4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is upscaled to 4K."

This is the link to the support page with the information:
    support.xbox.com/.../4k-on-xbox-one-s
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Hdr on a 4k tv

Amazon certainly does have 4K content, I've watched some of it. Netflix has much more 4k content though.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

1440p

Nope, it will honor your set resolution.

From https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/adjust-display-settings

Allow 4K

This setting allows you to pass native 4K content to your display when available in your games and apps.

You don't have to set your console resolution to 4K to play 4K content. You can set your console to another resolution, such as 1080p, and when a game or app requires 4K (and your TV supports the 4K mode
    it wants), it'll automatically switch to 4K. This is good if you want to play 1080p content in its native resolution, but also take advantage of the 4K resolution when playing 4K content.

It will only switch when the Game or App "Requires" 4K
Thema:

4K content

1. 4K content - Similar Threads - content

2. Vudu and Dolby Atmos content

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu and Dolby Atmos content: None of my Vudu content that has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack will play with the last two ASA builds. Instant playback error. Anyone else seeing this? UHD content in 5.1 is not having the same...
  3. Rate content isn’t on my screen anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Rate content isn’t on my screen anymore: [IMG] submitted by /u/LankyDisc977698 [link] [comments]
  4. User Generated Content. Locked Privilage

in XBoX Accessibility
    User Generated Content. Locked Privilage: Wassup. I was playing forza horizon 4 yesterday and i saw that i could not use user generated wraps and open the auction house. It just says Locked Privilege and that feature is blockes per my...
  5. Silver account not able to access new season pass content purchased on gold account (home...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Silver account not able to access new season pass content purchased on gold account (home...: Silver xbox account not able to access new season pass content purchased on gold account (home xbox unit Destiny 2 Undying DLC) 302bb7a5-a31e-4a49-9118-8193f24c3d9b
  6. XBOX Insider Hub: cannot access the insider content.

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Insider Hub: cannot access the insider content.: Hi, I was chosen for the AOE2 DE beta on MS Store. It told me to download XBOX Insiders Hub, I installed it and logged in with my Insider account. But here's the problem: When clicking Join on...
  7. Can't play Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Update content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Update content: I recently boght Star Wars battlefront 2 (2005) in the Microsoft Store but I cant play the maps and characters that came with the update June 2019. 47d70f83-5a29-4e06-8c65-e0c4624038f4
  8. Your content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until we connect to the service.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your content restrictions are in effect, but can't be changed until we connect to the service.: I'm not able to change the guest passkey for access to our Xbox. I have a parent account and my two boys have child accounts. I have used Microsoft's time limit features for a few years. My 13...
  9. How can I block all Ninja content?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How can I block all Ninja content?: No matter how many times I select "show less like this" Microsoft still insist on shoving this nonsense down my throat. I have no interest in mixer and even less in Ninja. I've blocked all mixer...
  10. Exclusive content ever going to happen for Xbox players????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclusive content ever going to happen for Xbox players????: The reason that other platforms will only get the exclusive mode a year later is because the developer has an exclusivity deal with PS to add to their platform first. Not ideal for other platforms...