: 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p

Discus and support : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Stevemallow, May 18, 2021.

1. Stevemallow
    Stevemallow Guest

This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different HDMI cables, both of which I have already done.

This link also assumes that's 4k does not display properly with an error message that only appears after selecting 'no' when asked whether the screen is displaying correctly (or not selecting an answer for 20 seconds). My screen is able to display correctly, I select 'yes' when asked and the system returns to the settings menu with 1080p still selected. I have not found any other mention online of the console ignoring your selection and retaining the previous resolution. This is why I have created a forum post after being unable to find any other instances of this issue.

:)

Stevemallow, May 18, 2021
  2. Stevemallow Win User

This does not help. The link basically states to look through TV settings and try different HDMI cables, both of which I have already done.

This link also assumes that's 4k does not display properly with an error message that only appears after selecting 'no' when asked whether the screen is displaying correctly (or not selecting an answer for 20 seconds). My screen is able to display correctly, I select 'yes' when asked and the system returns to the settings menu with 1080p still selected. I have not found any other mention online of the console ignoring your selection and retaining the previous resolution. This is why I have created a forum post after being unable to find any other instances of this issue.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p

4. PianoIvy346074 Win User

4k Not Working on Seiki Pro SM28UTR

Thank you for the quick reply. I am using the HDMI 2.0 designated port (HDMI 1) as identified in the user's manual. Additionally, I am able to get 4k to display using a different 4k source with this same HDMI port.

One other note, when I enable 4K support in Xbox settings it switches to 4K, but when I say "yes" to keep the settings it reverts back to 1080p @60Hz every time.
  5. Adrenaline Seed Win User

LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

I can also confirm this. I have an LG 4k Display. I had to enable deep color to use 4k, HDR10 is not an option with my monitor but it was not in the specs so I was not expecting it, just the 4k resolution.

The xbox started flickering immediately and stopped when using 1080p resolution. I found this post and tried using a cheap walmart HDMI cable instead of the provided cable, the flickering went away and I can run 4k. The provided cable appears to be a 1080p
    only cable (if such a thing exists), they should have marked it, especially with the first 4k console.
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

4K content

The Xbox One will only output at 1080p

The Xbox One S features 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for games and video. In addition to supporting 4K video content when used in conjunction with a 4K TV, Xbox One S will also upscale non-4K content
    to display at 4K when paired with a 4K TV. When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console — Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is
    upscaled to 4K.

The Xbox One X - 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K

More info:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one
Thema:

1. : 4K Displays correctly, but immediately reverts to 1080p - Similar Threads - Displays correctly immediately

2. Tenure level not displaying correct number

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tenure level not displaying correct number: I have had my profile for about 10 years now and I know tenure level is measured by gold active but it shouldnt be that much lower considering theres probably been a few months I havent had gold...
  3. The Xbox Game Pass Beta app doesn't display correctly when you start streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Game Pass Beta app doesn't display correctly when you start streaming.: It goes out of square and doesn't fit with the screen from my cell phone. The app works well until I run the streaming, then it falls out of the screen size of my mobile making it impossible to...
  4. Graphics not displaying correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Graphics not displaying correctly: My xbox today has stopped loading any online games correctly and the console is making alot of noise can anyone help? a6f8fecc-cba7-475e-9188-262182101a7a
  5. Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray and DVDs are not displaying correctly when I play them: i put blade runner 2049 on Blu-ray in my xbox one s and its not displaying correctly I am missing like half the screen and its not the magnifier or my aspect ratio on my tv. It plays games...
  6. gamerscore not displaying correctly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gamerscore not displaying correctly: My overall score as a Xbox Gamer is not displaying correctly a7f9c11c-abad-4d69-952a-eba8363db897
  7. Monthly achievement tracker not displaying the correct numbers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monthly achievement tracker not displaying the correct numbers: Just like the title says, by yesterday I had accumulated over 1700G and by the end of the day it said that I only had over 800G this moth, this is also happening to all of my friends on Xbox live...
  8. My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ...: [img] I guess the problem why the console is set up at 4K but the games are not displayed at 4K is because the panel of my tv is 8-bit depth color and in the requirements it says 10 bits, because...
  9. Currency incorrectly displayed - Correct Locale (Xbox360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Currency incorrectly displayed - Correct Locale (Xbox360): We have just obtained an Xbox 360 and from what I can tell, the settings are correct. The Language is the one we want and the Locale is correct (Russia). However, the currency is displayed in...
  10. Tile art for metro last night not displaying correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tile art for metro last night not displaying correctly: Recently purchased Metro Last Night while it was on deal. When flicking through my games list, it displays no cover art. The game works perfectly. I have tried redownloading it, clearing...