4k game clips won't convert/upload to Xbox Network

Discus and support 4k game clips won't convert/upload to Xbox Network in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'll start out by saying this issue has been present for months now for me, I'm in Alpha skip ahead. I've reported it on the app on console and just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MassiveMoose, Aug 4, 2022.

1. 4k game clips won't convert/upload to Xbox Network

I'll start out by saying this issue has been present for months now for me, I'm in Alpha skip ahead. I've reported it on the app on console and just thought I'd see if anybody else has noticed/reported the issue here.

The issue:

Game clips recorded in 4k HDR locally will not convert and/or upload to Xbox Network at all. It just comes up with an error and mentions to try again later.

The setup:

This is being done on Series X with game clips being recorded to internal storage. I have significant online and local storage available so I'm sure it's not linked to that.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/MassiveMoose
    [link] [comments]

/u/MassiveMoose, Aug 4, 2022
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

4K Upload Studio and YouTube Clip Uploads

Hi there!

Unfortunately you can only share gameplay clips on Xbox Live, OneDrive, or Twitter at this time directly from your Xbox. Uploading to YouTube from the Xbox is currently not available.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/upload-studio-sharing-clips

You should be able to edit 4K clips in upload studio granted you have an Xbox One X. The only difference between 4K clips and normal clips is that 4K clips are limited to 30 seconds but editing them should all be the same.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/upload-studio-edit-videos
  3. Psy3d Win User

Series X 4K HDR video upload to YouTube failed (even from my PC video doesn't match Youtube requirements)

I have the exact SAME problem....finally figured out how to record clips more than 30 sec. Now all my awesome clips are stuck in this weird format that youtube won't accept.

Anyone know how to convert them to a format while keeping 4k/60fps HDR? I tried usual windows film/video thing but that downgrades to 4k/30 and has this weird tint which means HDR conversion failed.

I just want to save those clips
  4. Swift Oldboy Win User

Xbox live clips missing

It could also be that your clips are still being uploaded on Xbox Live. For example, if you are recording with 4k resolution it will take 5-30 minutes to upload completely or even longer if you are playing a game online while it is trying to upload. That
    is assuming if the issue you have is recent video clips that you just recorded and you are trying to view them right after.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox live captures on pc

Hey Jason!

Thanks for reaching out to us today. Game clips on Xbox are recorded, edited, and shared from the Game DVR feature associated to the Upload Studio app. The Upload Studio app is the only way to upload and share clips that you recorded from Xbox or Xbox on
    Windows 10.

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to convert or transfer your recorded files that are captured using your internal graphics card. All clips are captured using the Game DVR feature and then edited and shared from Upload Studio.

Look over our
    Game DVR and Upload Studio on Xbox One
    article online that goes over how to record and share clips on Xbox.

Hope this helps!
  6. TB3031 Win User

Xbox one - Game clips lagging.

Upload studio is an app you can download to the Xbox to edit and upload game clips. Try downloading it man and see if you can play your clips or upload them through there.

i would also look up how to clear the cache of your Xbox one, that might help
    No that does nothing. Clips still play for one second only. Upload studio would suggest that you have a clip that works, mine won't. Clear cache didn't work.
Thema:

4k game clips won't convert/upload to Xbox Network

1. 4k game clips won't convert/upload to Xbox Network - Similar Threads - game clips won't

2. Series S: Game clips won't delete, and new clips don't upload to the Xbox Network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Series S: Game clips won't delete, and new clips don't upload to the Xbox Network.: This could just be a problem with my Xbox Series S, but every time I capture a game clip, it saved to the Xbox console, but not on the Xbox Network, and when I try to download the clip to the...
  3. Series S: Game clips won't delete, and new clips don't upload to the Xbox Network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Series S: Game clips won't delete, and new clips don't upload to the Xbox Network.: This could just be a problem with my Xbox Series S, but every time I capture a game clip, it saved to the Xbox console, but not on the Xbox Network, and when I try to download the clip to the...
  4. Xbox Game Bar won't access mine hardware to record clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar won't access mine hardware to record clips: There was a time and day where I could record a game in my Alienware area 51 m(g chip: Nvidia Geforce TI 2080) until I couldn't even record because it didn't access my hardware. I had tried...
  5. Game dvr won't share my clip.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game dvr won't share my clip.: Hello, i have a huge problem, with the xbox app on win 10. In game dvr, when i try to load my clip, from (pc) to (xbox live). Logically, there is a dialog box that opens, asking me what game it...
  6. Game DVR Won't Play Clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Won't Play Clips: I've had my Xbox One for nearly 4 years and in that time I've never been able to play my Game DVR clips without them buffering every 5 seconds and being unwatchable. My ISP is Frontier and I get...
  7. External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]: I updated my Xbox One S recently for the Fall update, and it said that you can now capture game clips directly onto an external hard drive. That's a great idea... if it would actually work. I'm...
  8. Game clips won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game clips won't load: Whenever I try to watch a game clip that I made or that a friend made all i get is a loading symbol. After about 10 mins the game clip will start to play but only for about 2 seconds before it...
  9. Game Clips Won't Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Clips Won't Play: can anyone help me? This has been an issue for a few days and I was hoping it would fix itself but it hasn't. Whenever I go into the Xbox store on my console it will not play any game clips. It...
  10. Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot: This is an official complaint. Nowhere in any text, help or forum post written about Game DVR and its features it is stated that clips/screenshots can only be saved and later shared if a) there...