4K HDR Video Captures from games with AUTO HDR bugged.

Discus and support 4K HDR Video Captures from games with AUTO HDR bugged. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, if you selected to record your video captures in 4k HDR, you are not able to edit footage from Games with AUTO HDR. The problem is, if you try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maefiosii, Nov 21, 2020.

1. maefiosii
    maefiosii Guest

Hi,

if you selected to record your video captures in 4k HDR, you are not able to edit footage from Games with AUTO HDR.

The problem is, if you try to trim a 4K HDR Video, the editor tool won't be displayed in HDR Video mode, which will result in a black screen. The same goes for uploading.. I assume it's done in the background,
    but you are not able to see the screen, it's just a blackscreen.

My Settings are properly, HDR works in games, this seems to be a bug within the XBOX OS. It's working when I record SDR videos or normal HDR games.

:)

maefiosii, Nov 21, 2020
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird
  3. Anghellic Karma Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird

Yeah, it's apparently difficult to capture HDR for YouTube. I also get a warning when streaming my gameplay to YouTube that HDR will not be streamed and so it may look different. And that goes for both major consoles even, so it's not limited to just the
    Xbox infrastructure.

I'm not a technical person (to that level), so I'm not sure of the underlying issue that causes that; whether it's something on YouTube's end, or something specific to HDR as a technical component of media.
  4. JayJoe1 Win User

HDR

Native 4k Hdr I understand, but what is video content enhanced with hdr hdr called?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

No 4K without HDR (xbox one x)

you need hdr for 4k output

Actually, you don't.

Uhd and hdr are required for 4k output

You need UHD, in the sense that you need the TV to support 3840 x 2160 resolution, but you don't need HDR enabled to reach 4K. UHD 4K is the amount of screen resolution available measured in pixels, HDR is the ability of the TV or monitor to display more
    natural colours.

Note that the Xbox One S can do HDR in games that support such a feature, but regardless of what resolution you set, all games max out at 1080P internally. If the display is 4K, it will remain in 4K, but games will only be upscaled. Only the Xbox One X
    can play Enhanced titles in 4K natively.

You should be able to disable HDR, how you disable it depends entirely on your TV. Disabling HDR via the TV settings should not disable 4K screen resolution. Indeed, some Xbox One games do not support HDR, Fallout 4 on the One X can play in 4K for instance,
    but it does not support (or indeed have an option for) HDR.

On my Sony Bravia Android based TV, I had to go to the main settings and enable HDR functionality. Even then, I had to set the HDR setting to 'Auto' on the HDMI port I have my console connected to. If you have HDR set to 'On' all of the time, non HDR games
    will display the wrong colours, look oversaturated. With 'Auto' enabled, HDR will only operate when it detects an HDR supported game. This may not be a feature of your display however.

What make and model is your TV?
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

1440p HDR

Are you shure that your monitor is hdr compatible with Xbox dear sir? On your console try:

settings/display and sound/video output/4k tv details. Check box for hdr must be checked with green. I think that you must have 4k tv for that.

But when you set your resolution to 1440 there is no option for hdr. Xbox is doing down sampling. Read about that here

Part of the problem is the HDR setting would only be available if you can get your console to allow you to change the "Allow 4k" setting, but without using 4k resolution - may need to change from Auto-detect for display connection in video settings
    to Manual.

Maybe this helps.
Thema:

1. 4K HDR Video Captures from games with AUTO HDR bugged. - Similar Threads - HDR Video Captures

2. HDR Dashboard for seamless experience.

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Dashboard for seamless experience.: Please make dashboard HDR so my display won't have to jump between SDR to HDR whenever I launch a game. It makes much more sense on Xbox series consoles now with Auto HDR on old games. submitted...
  3. Xbox Series X doesn't obey Full RGB setting when in HDR content

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X doesn't obey Full RGB setting when in HDR content: There is an issue with Xbox Series X not outputing full RGB in HDR10 mode despite outputting full RGB in SDR. When you launch any HDR10 content, Xbox will force switch itself to RGB limited. I am...
  4. Youtube app not turning on HDR on HDR videos? (Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube app not turning on HDR on HDR videos? (Series X): Not sure what's going on. When I try to watch an HDR video via the Youtube app on the Series X, it just plays the video without HDR. This worked fine on the One X and works fine via the Youtube...
  5. Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly: YouTube supports HDR videos, Xbox One X produces HDR videos. But after uploading such a video to YouTube it results in striped of HDR and bleached output like this:...
  6. When is there going to be a fix for UHD/HDR/4k video playback for Netflix and Prime video?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is there going to be a fix for UHD/HDR/4k video playback for Netflix and Prime video?...: Not gonna waste anymore time so see the subject. c6980ac7-a532-4a18-b805-30ab4a14b695
  7. Amazon Video Problem with UHD HDR Movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Video Problem with UHD HDR Movies: I user Build 10.0.17134.3036 and if i start eg Man in the High Castle on Amazon video i only see grey screen and sound ... video starts after 20 sec but very slow motion .. and sometime amazon...
  8. Xbox one X horrible HDR video display ( both 4K blu-ray and Netflix)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X horrible HDR video display ( both 4K blu-ray and Netflix): Hi, I had a wonderful display with my Xbox one S for 4K and HDR movies on OLED screen, but now with the Xbox One X, black level are so low in HDR mode display that its almost impossible to watch...
  9. XBox One X UHD HDR Video Dark / Light Issues (Games Look Fine)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X UHD HDR Video Dark / Light Issues (Games Look Fine): When playing UHD HDR video content from a BD or Netflix the colors look really muted. However, games look great. In Gears 4 and Forza 7 I see the HDR options under the game settings. Also, the...
  10. Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR: Hoping this is the right forum, but wanted to make support team aware that the recent console update messed up the video feed when using a Marantz SR7010 (as well as other Marantz receivers...