4k Movies are skipping

Discus and support 4k Movies are skipping in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a brand new XBOX One X last month. I have watched 3 4k movies, brand new out of the package. Each movie skips at least once halfway through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tom7312, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Tom7312
    Tom7312 Guest

4k Movies are skipping

I bought a brand new XBOX One X last month.

I have watched 3 4k movies, brand new out of the package.

Each movie skips at least once halfway through the movie.

It will skip, then pause for a minute or so, then resume play the next chapter and I can not go back and watch that chapter.

I may return the XBOX since I bought it specifically for the 4k player, and at this point I am not impressed at all.

Any ideas on what it is or is it a faulty unit?

:)

Tom7312, Aug 1, 2019
  2. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

4k Movies are skipping

Yup, return/refund sounds like a reasonable request.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

4k Movies are skipping

Yeah sounds like an issue with console, but I'd also check the discs in another player if you have access to one
  4. GroundOregano94 Win User

4k Movies are skipping

It is the console for sure. Register it and ask for a replacement.

You can do it here- I also at first, 3 years ago bought S for the same reason. Now, I have X. I had a collection of over 50 4k movies. Never had an issue except for
    Matrix. Even when I got another copy. Wish you a better second machine because it is great entertainment. No streaming service can give you quality like a disc.
  5. luissolid Win User

4k Movies are skipping

I recommend to change the console, because if you already try with 3 Movies thats a problem with the unit.

Regards!
  6. irontim555 Win User

4k Movies are skipping

When the disk comes out of the Xbox check the middle hole for any chipping or scratching, if there is any, make sure nothing has gotten into the disk reader. If you don't find anything out of the ordinary you may just have a faulty unit, In that case i
    would recommend going to the store that you bought the Xbox from and exchanging the unit.
Thema:

4k Movies are skipping

1. 4k Movies are skipping - Similar Threads - Movies are skipping

2. Bug: Movies and TV app does not see total files in an external Media Drive

in XboX Insiders
    Bug: Movies and TV app does not see total files in an external Media Drive: So since Plex is an utter mess on the Xbox I have been trying the concept of just plugging in an external hard drive to the Xbox and playing my media movies directly from an attached hard drive....
  3. why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1: if I own a movie why cant I download it directly to my xbox instead of having to stream it this is not right and should be adressed fd577c5c-a15f-4638-9475-e2c85627c6d7
  4. Problem with SHUDDER app when watching a movie or any move or when useing the SHUDDER app

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with SHUDDER app when watching a movie or any move or when useing the SHUDDER app: I have noticed an issue with the SHUDDER app when I go to launch the app when I get to the home page of the app. and when I go to choose a movie or any movie to watch the movie works great and...
  5. Error code 0xc00d7159 (HDCP) for Xbox Live Tv and Movies app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0xc00d7159 (HDCP) for Xbox Live Tv and Movies app: Ive seen this floating around on here in the past, and Ive seen all the responses to fix it, but nothing has worked. This started about a week ago when parts of Live were down and it hasnt...
  6. Movies and tv

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies and tv: There is quite a few classic movies not on movies and tv like Halloweentown, Halloweentown, 2 halloweentown high, return to halloweentown, American outlaws and many more that would be nice to see...
  7. Rented movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rented movie: This is the second time i have rented a movie and the entire thing is being narrated. Anyone know why? Is there a way to turn this off or did i rent it like this? I cant find anything to solve...
  8. Error 0x800c000b is now 0x800c0008 can't watch purchased Movies & TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x800c000b is now 0x800c0008 can't watch purchased Movies & TV: The Movies & TV app are STILL causing errors watching purchased movies on XBOX One. However, the error used to be 0x800c000b but it now says error 0x800c0008 with the message "There is a network...
  9. Xbox one can read pictures from external HD but not movies or music?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can read pictures from external HD but not movies or music?: I just got an XBox one, the version that only reads digital games (no disc reader) I plugged in my external hard drive (NFTS format) into my console and it detects the HD and its sub-folders. When...
  10. Xbox Movies Skip button? where?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Movies Skip button? where?: on the xbox 360 you could basically skip forward or backwards several minutes with the shoulder buttons. WHY ON earth would I buy star wars the force awakens on Microsoft store when you cant have...