4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x

Discus and support 4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, i have never watched a 4k bluray in my life, but thought i would test out my 4k dolby atmos set up with The Lord of the rings 4k uhd blu ray. Its... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fernandol97, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Fernandol97
    Fernandol97 Guest

Hey,

i have never watched a 4k bluray in my life, but thought i would test out my 4k dolby atmos set up with The Lord of the rings 4k uhd blu ray. Its impossible to watch with artefacting and regualr freeze ups. Has anyone else experinced similar things? What
    can i do to fix this?

I have since taken the xbox out of my cabinet to improve air flow.

4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x [​IMG]

4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x [​IMG]

:)

Fernandol97, Dec 25, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Those look like bad discs. There I’ve been reported problems with recent Warner Bros. this cinema what those feel more like authentication error, this is reading like defects.

Please try other 4K BD or at least other discs in the set
  3. Prince-Nicks Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Im playing from the 4k uhd player in the xbox one x

The blu ray player is up to date yeah
  4. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Blurry 4k on Xbox one s

Hi,

The lower resolutions that the Series S typically does are for games only. As long as you are using a 4K TV and have the console set to 4K the One will play 4K UHD Blu-rays and 4K video streams in 4k.
  6. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Blu-ray and Xbox

If you are going to play movies via DVD, Blu Ray or 4k UHD Blu Ray, yes.
Thema:

1. 4K UHD Blu Ray Pixelated artifacting with xbox series x - Similar Threads - UHD Blu Ray

2. Xbox Blu-ray Player app no longer plays 4K/UHD discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Blu-ray Player app no longer plays 4K/UHD discs: My Xbox One X played 4K/UHD discs without issue until recently. Now it will not play those discs at all (error code 0x91d70001). Regular blu ray discs still play. I have already tried all the...
  3. UHD Blu Rays cannot read on Xbox Series X actually

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UHD Blu Rays cannot read on Xbox Series X actually: Hi there, Today I wanted to play a UHD again and unfortunately the Blu Ray app tells me that none of my UHDs can be read anymore. About 2 weeks ago I inserted a UHD for the last time and there...
  4. Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray: I constantly get a black screen while playing UHD blu ray discs. I have uninstalled the blu ray app and reinstalled and have tried restarting the console but still no luck. I may get to watch the...
  5. Audio Issue with LotR 4K UHD Blu-Rays (Dolby Atmos)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Issue with LotR 4K UHD Blu-Rays (Dolby Atmos): Is anyone else currently experiencing Dolby Atmos issues with the Lord of the Rings 4K Blu-Ray disc set? Specifically, with this trilogy, the Dolby Atmos on my AV receiver appears to have issues...
  6. Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Dolby Vision support for UHD Blu Ray Disks: It is known now that Xbox Series X does not support Dolby Vision for UHD Blu Ray. My question is: Will a software/firmware update be able to fix this at a later date or does the built in drive not...
  7. Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray: Just got my new Xbox Series X today, but there is an issue: when I place the console vertically, I inserted a UHD Blu-Ray Disc for playback. The video playback is OK but the optical drive on Xbox...
  8. UHD Blu-Ray with Dolby Vision on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UHD Blu-Ray with Dolby Vision on Xbox One X: Hi, I want a second 4K Blu-Ray player who can do the job. The PQ doesn't have to be like my Oppo, but I need at least Dolby Vision for my collection. I'm curious about the Xbox One X (the Series...
  9. Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?

in XboX Insiders
    Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays?: Hi, Still no Dolby Vision for UHD Blu-Rays? for ONE X/S ? submitted by /u/darekpro [link] [comments]
  10. Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...: So can it still just run the disc and show the movie, albeit not at 4k resolution? 8da69feb-6c41-414e-ad5d-1a321ff1e675