7.1 surround sound headphones

Discus and support 7.1 surround sound headphones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am thinking of getting a pair of 7.1 surround sound headphones and i was wondering if i plugged them into the xbox one will they be 7.1 sound or will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keithmcclendon, Feb 21, 2020.

1. 7.1 surround sound headphones

I am thinking of getting a pair of 7.1 surround sound headphones and i was wondering if i plugged them into the xbox one will they be 7.1 sound or will they be just be in stereo or do i need to get a 7.1 surround sound receiver?

:)

keithmcclendon, Feb 21, 2020
  2. General Usage Win User

What headset have you got? and what do you think

get it sorted and treat yaself, 7.1 surround sound headphones will blow your mind...
  3. Mythic Sandman Win User

Typically you have a mix amp that plugs into the console. That is where the 7.1 sound comes from. For instance my Astro A50s came with a mix amp.
  4. Wabbit5eason Win User

Need a quick opinion on an Xbox One headset

I really like my HyperX Cloud IIs, but you can only use them without the USB soundcard (the headphones plug into the soundcard via a 3.5mm CTIA jack. They're really comfy and have great sound with or without the 7.1 surround sound (when using it without
    the sound card), but obviously will have better sound with the 7.1 surround sound.
  5. xFilter Win User

I changed my mind. Its awesome. - New Review

Instead of going to a pawn shop to pick up a surround sound system I would really consider a nice pair of 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound headphones. They're worth every penny and you will get a much better sound.
  6. TripleTopper321 Win User

DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app

My main quesition is of inputs ad outputs> Trutle beach headphones in the 360 era took Dolby 5.1 inputs and made then Dolby Headphone Output, and was an external device that also wokred in TVs and mobvies players... aslonga as the source was Dlby sound
    in. DTS didn't get coded at all, and LPCM beyond 2.0 wouldn't fit in a Toslinlk.

The Turtle Beach DTS:X headphones had DTS 2-track headpone surround outputs, but onl\y accepted Dolby-based inputs, so I can't decode Blu Rays in DTS and expec a surround sound.

It seems to me that Dolby Atmos inputs like Blu Rays sound better in dolby Atmos Headphones than DT5 5.1-DTS 7.1, L:pVM 5.1-7.1, and even "lesser dolby modes" 5.1-7.1

Is the Dolby Atmod Headepho0ne app suposed to take ANY of the 3flkavors and tuen them into Dolby Headphone? Or does it only work wiht Dolby Atmos movies? meaing you haver swithc the settings on every non-Atmos disc.

Finally is thee such a ting as a 2-channel headphone surround encoder that takes ANY of the brands and flavords of sound formats and send out 2-yttrack, surround heapdhone f some sort of format. I'd like that for the upstairs TV. Too many DTS movies sound
    lackluster and 70% f our BD/3D colection is DTS.

I knw Sony heaadhones have a Doly and DTS input and sound better than pure uncoded 2-track LPCM, but it doesn;t sound as good as Xbox's DTS-> dDolby conversions and then letting the Turetle Beach encode it in 2-Track surrouud headphone. (By the way, does Xbox
    One do LPCM 7.1-> Dolby 7.1 ?)
Thema:

1. 7.1 surround sound headphones - Similar Threads - surround sound headphones

2. Xbox One X DTS Digital Surround Sound Not Working on Bose System

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X DTS Digital Surround Sound Not Working on Bose System: Dear Fellow Xbox Users, I have an Xbox One X audio issue with DTS Digital Surround Sound not outputting surround sound to my Bose surround sound system (comprised of the Bose Soundbar 700, bass...
  3. All microsoft store games don't support dolby surround sound for my g933 headset. Is there...

in XBoX on Windows
    All microsoft store games don't support dolby surround sound for my g933 headset. Is there...: i first noticed this with forza horizon 4 when i realised the sound sounded 'off' tried everying: reinstalling gaming software, changing audio settings. Nothing worked. Just wandering how to fix...
  4. Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound: Hello all, I am working through an audio issue with my Xbox one and my 5.1 audio sound system. I have the sound system hooked up to the Xbox with an audio optical cable, with an HDMI running from...
  5. 7.1 Surround Sound in Minecraft Windows Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    7.1 Surround Sound in Minecraft Windows Edition: When will 7.1 sound adjustment be available in Minecraft Windows Edition? When I select the 7.1 sound in the sound settings in Windows, then strong interference begins....
  6. Dolby Surround Upmixer - Bad for Sound Quality?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Surround Upmixer - Bad for Sound Quality?: Hi everyone! I have been using the Xbox One X with Atmos enabled since it launched. After a while, MS added Upmixing in the Dolby Access app, since you can't use your AVRs Upmixers when the Xbox...
  7. Don't seem to be getting surround sound using Atmos soundbar on my Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Don't seem to be getting surround sound using Atmos soundbar on my Xbox X: LG 55UJ630V Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar including SWA-9000s Xbox X Hi All Could really do with some assistance as I can't seem to get surround sound from my set up using Xbox X which is set to...
  8. Surround Sound/HDR10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround Sound/HDR10: I want to have the video from my One X come through my TV (support for HDR10), but I would like the audio to come from my home theater receiver (surround sound). If I connect my Xbox through the...
  9. USB Surround Sound Headphones Perfect for PS4 but Not Working XBOX One

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Surround Sound Headphones Perfect for PS4 but Not Working XBOX One: Please help! Bought my son Zidl 7.1 USB surround headphones for his Xbox / PS4. PS4 works perfectly but the Xbox makes no sound. I gather that I am supposed to plug headphones into the Controller...
  10. Not good news for Xbox One users that use surround sound headphones.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not good news for Xbox One users that use surround sound headphones.: I don't know what to make of this bit I found on the web today, other than it does not look like my Astro A40's or any other surround sound headphones will work for DD 5.1. One thing he said that...