8GB Flash Drive showing no available memory after formatting to Xbox 360

Discus and support 8GB Flash Drive showing no available memory after formatting to Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I bought an 8GB Lexar Flash Drive strictly for transferring movies from my desktop, to watch on my 360. Immediately formatted it to the 360, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlertGorgon653, Jun 8, 2014.

1. 8GB Flash Drive showing no available memory after formatting to Xbox 360

So, I bought an 8GB Lexar Flash Drive strictly for transferring movies from my desktop, to watch on my 360. Immediately formatted it to the 360, but when plugging it in to my desktop, It is showing that I only have a couple of 6.21 MB of available space
    out of 7.46GB. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

:)

AlertGorgon653, Jun 8, 2014
  2. K r0ck512
    K r0ck512 Guest
    Xbox 360 not detecting usb flash memory

I have the 4gb slim xbox 360. I need at least 8gb of memory to play Halo 4 multiplayer. I formatted my flash drive to FAT32 using window 7 and inserted it in the console. The usb drive is not even showing up on the storage device list. I purchase a sandisk
    usb flash drive. Any help or insight is appreciated.

K r0ck512, Jun 8, 2014
  3. Gears of War 3 Reset Prevention

i was actually looking at this earlier....

video: [View:]

flash drive:
    www.bestbuy.com/.../9933847.p
    memory stick&cp=1&lp=6

comes in 8GB or 16GB

House33-9B4F8658-DA1F-469C-B0B7-E0583A92312F, Jun 8, 2014
  4. WilliamOtis
    WilliamOtis Guest

If you were going to keep movies on the flash drive and not move them to your 360, then you didn't need to Format the flash drive. The partition that the 360 makes is unusable by any thing other than an Xbox 360.

WilliamOtis, Jun 16, 2014
  5. WilliamOtis Win User

If you were going to keep movies on the flash drive and not move them to your 360, then you didn't need to Format the flash drive. The partition that the 360 makes is unusable by any thing other than an Xbox 360.
  6. Tyler Ray Win User

Question on Flash Drives

When you plug in the flash drive, it is going to ask you to format it though. Once you format it to the Xbox360 format, you can not use it with a computer, but you dont have to format the whole flash drive. I have an 8gb flash drive, but I only have 1gb
    of it set up as Xbox360 memory. Sorry if this all confuses you, but once you plug in the flash drive, it will ask. Good luck and happy gaming!
  7. LightfootEight Win User

USB Device

Can anyone advise what's going wrong I have 2 flash drives only 8gb I have formatted to FAT32 but when I put it in the xbox 360 I don't have the option to configure on any of the 2 flash drives in system - memory.

The Xbox is on live so I would think it's up to date with all it's updates.

Thanks for the help
  8. IceStorm III Win User

USB Drive & PC

[quote user="trickybuz93"]If I use that option, does it un-format the USB Drive so it works with the PC again?[/quote]It removes the USB Memory Unit. The flash drive is already formatted FAT32 for use with a PC. The 360's MU usually takes up all the available
    space, though if you have a 32GB or larger flash drive you'll see available space on the drive if you plug it into a PC.

If you don't care about the USB Memory Unit, just format the drive on a PC.
  9. ReproductioN-A10C66D Win User

1GB Update??

[quote user="Archst3r"]

I got an official xbox 20GB flash drive of amazon for my 20 gig xbox pretty cheap and i just leave it in for extra memory,works fine.When you get the 20gig 360 about 6 or 7 gig is taken straight away before you even start,so the flash more than doubles
    your memory.
    >

I thought th xbox could only access a maximum of 16gb via a flash drive? I cant remember where i heard that so it may be wrong :p

[/quote]

It is only 16gb. The only official flash drives for the xbox is made by SanDisk and comes in 8gb or 16gb flavors. In my opinion, it's not worth it. Just buy a cheap 8gb for $5 and you can format it on your xbox.
Thema:

1. 8GB Flash Drive showing no available memory after formatting to Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - 8GB Flash Drive

2. Problem with flashing black screen when I’m useing the OneGuide app to watch live tv this...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with flashing black screen when I’m useing the OneGuide app to watch live tv this...: I have started noticing an issue with the One guide app when I go to launch the app and when I Try to watch live tv. over the last few days the flashing black screen has been occurring more and...
  3. Xbox one clicking and light flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one clicking and light flashing: Xbox one clicking and light flashing What does this mean? The clicking part just started .... Around every 2 mins it clicks and flashes 6c33d4dd-82e3-4adc-b924-6145d829a929
  4. USB flash drive 360 system update not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB flash drive 360 system update not working: I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console as the instructions says it should. I've...
  5. flash integration for edge explore on xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    flash integration for edge explore on xbox: since its not every streaming platform is available in app for xbox it would be great if you can access it through the web but every time you try a message on the screen is telling you that you...
  6. My picture flashes in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My picture flashes in and out: Howdy, so little backstory my old xbox broke messed up HDMI port I believe. So I got a brand new xbox and HDMI cord. So now my new xbox is having the same problem, my picture flashes in and out....
  7. Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller: Hello everyone, As the title states, my xbox controller just keeps flashing and wont work no matter what i do. The Controller was plugged in Via USB, batteries were off, and connection was not...
  8. Forza Motorsport 6 Apex on Surface Pro 2 8Gb 512Mb work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 6 Apex on Surface Pro 2 8Gb 512Mb work?: Sorry I downloaded Forza motorsport 6 Apex on Surface Pro 2 with Intel HD 4400 graphics card but the game does not work ....saying to update the drives of the graphic card. But the game is...
  9. Need to Backup USB 8GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to Backup USB 8GB: Hi There, Xbox Community. I have my USB with 8Gb of used and formatted space to save my game saves and halo 4 infinity disk. If you have played Halo 4, you may remember the 2nd disk. That disk...
  10. Formatted 8gb flash drive need re-formatting after eject! PLEASE HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Formatted 8gb flash drive need re-formatting after eject! PLEASE HELP!: I stupidly bought a 3rd party transfer cable to copy my old 120gb hard drive data to new xbox slim 250gb. After realizing my mistake (it only seams to work with xbox to pc, not xbox to xbox) I...