8TB Seagate External HDD On Powered Off XBox One Randomly Lights Up A Few Times A Day

Discus and support 8TB Seagate External HDD On Powered Off XBox One Randomly Lights Up A Few Times A Day in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This just started occurring. Once or thrice a day the external HDD lights up momentarily then goes off. The odd thing is my Xbox One it's attached to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottJeslis, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ScottJeslis
    ScottJeslis Guest

8TB Seagate External HDD On Powered Off XBox One Randomly Lights Up A Few Times A Day

This just started occurring. Once or thrice a day the external HDD lights up momentarily then goes off. The odd thing is my Xbox One it's attached to is powered off.

To be honest I wouldn't necessarily mind but the Xbox is connected to a switcher box with auto-sense so my monitor switches to that port in the middle of me doing something else on it.

:)

ScottJeslis, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

if the xbox is in standby then it powers up every so often to check for updates which also fires up the external storage.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Its passive phantom power draw

Thw amount of power is negible.your alarm clock.or fridge or stove even your tv uses more power even off

Usb devices are all passive power and to keep.devices including controllers powered

Tvs maintain 10watt per hour so that when you clicked power button on your remote your tv recognize it and turns on

Usb drives are 5watt per hour
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

most tv's in europe and uk have to be less than 1 watt for standby, this law was created a long time ago.
  5. Crooked Delight Win User

Okay please read the whole paragraph before reply, this issue is very funky and specific.

Hi,

I just tested All my external drives to give you and answer. both my 5TB WD_BLACK and 2TB SSD WD_BLACK are fine tranfering from each other while moving cursor up/down with no issue. When I try the same with the 8TB Seagate external trying to transfer to
    both WD_BLACK externals and scrolling up/down while the system is searching game file size, my system blinks 3x and shutdown.

Maybe its happening because the 8TB seagate HDD is a desktop powered drive, NOT USB powered drive. I’m currently Alpha Skip Ahead. Before buying this 8TB seagate external I read some review with some issue of drive not loading after a few months or stop
    turning on. I dont have does issue except this system shutdown. Hope it helps.
    Hi, question

Are the WD drives both usb powered only not using any external power supply? My 2 seagates use power supply to run both.
  6. THX1138 Win User

Okay please read the whole paragraph before reply, this issue is very funky and specific.

Hi,

I just tested All my external drives to give you an answer. both my 5TB WD_BLACK and 2TB SSD WD_BLACK are fine tranfering from each other while moving cursor up/down with no issue. When I try to do the same with the 8TB Seagate external trying to transfer
    to both WD_BLACK externals and scrolling up/down while the system is searching game file size, my system blinks 3x and shutdown.

Maybe its happening because the 8TB seagate HDD is a desktop power supply drive, NOT USB powered drive. I’m currently in Alpha Skip Ahead. Before buying this 8TB seagate external, I read some mixed reviews with some issue of some drives not loading after
    a few months or stop turning on all together. I don’t have does issues except this system shutdown. Hope it helps.
Thema:

1. 8TB Seagate External HDD On Powered Off XBox One Randomly Lights Up A Few Times A Day - Similar Threads - 8TB Seagate External

2. 3.0 8TB hard drive issue with series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    3.0 8TB hard drive issue with series x: I have a Series X and moved my external 3.0 harddrive over with my xbox one games. Since hooking it up I’ve noticed the Series X become much more unstable. It constantly freezes and loads...
  3. connecting the seagate 8tb Xbox Edition hard drive, the Xbox one s turns itself off. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    connecting the seagate 8tb Xbox Edition hard drive, the Xbox one s turns itself off. Why?: Hi, I bought a seagate 8tb Xbox Edition hard drive. when I connect it to my Xbox one s, this su immediately turns off and to turn it back on I have to disconnect the power for a while and turn it...
  4. 8TB External Media Drive, Xbox One Won't recognise media files past 2TB - Any ideas at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    8TB External Media Drive, Xbox One Won't recognise media files past 2TB - Any ideas at all?: Hey all, This one has had me tearing my hair out, not least because every new solution takes at least 20 hours to test (and then find out it's failed). Basically I have several 1TB and 2TB...
  5. Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) Not Formatting to 8TB!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) Not Formatting to 8TB!!: Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/seagate-game-drive-hub-for-xbox-8tb/8vvhcg3k376q?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab Using an Xbox One X Gears...
  6. available disk space after format 8tb hd

in XBoX on Consoles
    available disk space after format 8tb hd: Hi Can someone let me know how many free space should be available for games and apps after format 8tb hdd connected via usb3.0. is this possible to have more than 7.2tb? I got seagate 8tb...
  7. Seagate 8TB Port Melting!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 8TB Port Melting!: Hello everyone, I bought this Seagate 8TB hard drive from the Microsoft store less than a month ago and the port from the drive to the Xbox has melted?! The wire no longer stays in and also it...
  8. Seagate 8TB Port Melting!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 8TB Port Melting!: Hello everyone, I bought this Seagate 8TB hard drive from the Microsoft store less than a month ago and the port from the drive to the Xbox has melted?! The wire no longer stays in and also it...
  9. Question about Xbox one having issues playing media thats on a 8TB External WD easystore drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox one having issues playing media thats on a 8TB External WD easystore drive: Okay so this is more of a question to see if anyone has ran into this issue and if there is a way to solve it. I bought a large external drive for media im currently in a position where i can't...
  10. Xbox One Won't Recognize 8tb external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Recognize 8tb external hdd: Hi I just purchased a Seagate 8tb hdd to use as a media drive for movies and show but my xbox one will not recognize it. When I first plug it in it gives me the option to format it for games and...