A button does not work in the Xbox One Home Menus.

Discus and support A button does not work in the Xbox One Home Menus. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A button does not work in the Xbox One Home Menus. 7121f112-3c33-4d78-942c-e14afa3b67aa Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kbaker678, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Kbaker678
    Kbaker678 Guest

:)

Kbaker678, Sep 28, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Baker,

Have you done any button mapping by chance? You can go into the controller settings and reset to default. Here is a guide for

configuring the controller

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Kbaker678 Win User

Sane thing happens with another controller.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey Kbaker678!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing with your button on the Xbox menu.

Go ahead and perform a hard reset and power cycle of
    your console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

Once your Xbox is powered on, let me know if the button issue persists.

If that doesn't work, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [Keep my Games and Apps]

Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

Once your Xbox is powered on, go through the initial set up process and let me know if the button issue persists. Come back to us and let us know how it goes!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Try performing a hard restart and if that doesn't help a factory reset. If you still have issues send your console for repairs.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Try restarting your console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it powers off. Then press it again to power up your console.
Thema:

1. A button does not work in the Xbox One Home Menus. - Similar Threads - button does Home

2. Mi boton de home no funciona " my menu or home button does not work"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mi boton de home no funciona " my menu or home button does not work": I started having this problem since my console is working perfectly all except the menu to close a game I have to restart the console and try all the steps to fix it from restarting the console by...
  3. Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off: I just moved my Xbox 360 S over to a new stand about 3ft from where it was, it was working fine pryer to the move, now the "ON" light and rings around the power button do not light up, the...
  4. Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP: My xbox one controller does not power on wirelessy. It only comes on via usb cable and when it is working the home button does not work i cant switch out of apps and games and its really annoying...
  5. Does your home button cause your screen to look pixelated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does your home button cause your screen to look pixelated: so I have this problem happen, sometimes when iI a back out of game I hit the home button and I get this ugly screen. Is my xbox 1 x busted. Or is it my TV that it doesn't like?...
  6. Home button does not function properly on any controller, and settings is inaccessible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button does not function properly on any controller, and settings is inaccessible: pushing the home button on the Xbox One controller results in a transparent Gray screen selecting my gamertag in the upper right corner provides the same results. Clicking on the pins does the...
  7. Xbox home button does nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home button does nothing: Double tapping the home button does nothing just causes the screen to dim. There is no side window that pops up with options. I can't even get into the settings to do a restart or anything. I...
  8. Xbox home button does nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home button does nothing: ok so i hit my xbox home button and all it does is dim my screen a bit . No menu pops up . Im not longer able to hit Y to go back to my home screen . I cant log in or out , check messages or...
  9. Double tap on home button does nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double tap on home button does nothing: I just got a xbox one s for christmas and i am trying to figure it out. I am trying to follow the instructions found here to get and snap menu to appear, but when I double tap the Xbox button on...
  10. when i press the xbox home button on my controller it does nothing and then error code ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i press the xbox home button on my controller it does nothing and then error code ...: please help error code 0x87b20c08 keeps popping up when i press my xbox home button (the big middle light up button) on my controller. 18e09ebf-297b-47d1-b08e-6b73e6ccfa55