A Cheaper way to Protect your Xbox Ones Gloss Finish

Discus and support A Cheaper way to Protect your Xbox Ones Gloss Finish in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everybody! Just going to tell you how I protected my Xbox Ones Glossy Finish without spending 40.00 to 60.00 on a custom wrapper for it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mkssctt, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mkssctt
    mkssctt Guest

Hello Everybody!

Just going to tell you how I protected my Xbox Ones Glossy Finish without spending 40.00 to 60.00 on a custom wrapper for it. Honestly, I didn't even know people were selling those until after I came up with this on my own. Go to a Department
    store...(I went to Target). Buy the cheap static cling sun Guards in the Babies section.....Take it home, cut it into pieces to fit your glossy sections and stick on. That simple and it cost me a whole 5.oo and have enough material to do another one left over
    (as there are two Guards in a package). Also the smokey tint that the guards already have cover any existing scratches and as long as you cut it evenly...you can't even tell you put anything over it. Nobody has noticed mine, I had to point it out. Here is
    what you need.

Any brand should work...I bought some Eddie Bower brand at Target...worked great!

:)

mkssctt, Mar 17, 2014
  2. Inapplicable
    Inapplicable Guest
    Best retail store to purchase Xbox360?

Honestly, just buy one from whoever is selling it cheapest. If you're going to buy a 250GB slim though the earlier versions has a gloss finish and more recent ones have a matte finish.

Inapplicable, Mar 17, 2014
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Why the gloss black finish?

Try using a micro fibre cloth and if need be, spray lightly some anti-static spray onto the cloth, not the console, which you can both get from an optometrist store. It does the job well. And gloss finish helps make the console look not so cheap. It will
    have both a gloss and matt finish, it won't be 100% gloss. I just want it to have touch sensitive buttons like on the Xbox 360 Slim and I love it when it makes that "bing" sound.

smileskybird, Mar 17, 2014
  4. mkssctt
    mkssctt Guest

mkssctt, Mar 17, 2014
  5. mkssctt Win User

6. Inapplicable Win User

Best retail store to purchase Xbox360?

Honestly, just buy one from whoever is selling it cheapest. If you're going to buy a 250GB slim though the earlier versions has a gloss finish and more recent ones have a matte finish.
  7. smileskybird Win User

Try using a micro fibre cloth and if need be, spray lightly some anti-static spray onto the cloth, not the console, which you can both get from an optometrist store. It does the job well. And gloss finish helps make the console look not so cheap. It will
    have both a gloss and matt finish, it won't be 100% gloss. I just want it to have touch sensitive buttons like on the Xbox 360 Slim and I love it when it makes that "bing" sound.
  8. DocHolliday 7 Win User

[quote user="Mogwai Warrior"]It's awesome until you touch it. Forget about cleaning it with a paper towel unless you want a ton of surface scratches. I figured this was one of the many reasons they got rid of the gloss black 360 Slims when it first came
    out. Maybe MS has come out with a gloss finish that doesn't show finger prints and scratches easily.

[/quote]

Clean it with a lint free cloth, that won't scratch and you're good to go. The black gloss finish isn't one of my complaints.
  9. babiesRfoodmmmm Win User

White Xbox One for xbox employee's!

The best thing about it is that it appears to have a flat rather than gloss finish.
Thema:

1. A Cheaper way to Protect your Xbox Ones Gloss Finish - Similar Threads - Cheaper Protect Ones

2. PSA: It's cheaper to buy Dynamite Fishing and Super Party Sports individually than in the...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    PSA: It's cheaper to buy Dynamite Fishing and Super Party Sports individually than in the...: Bundle is $7.49 CDN. Dynamite Fishing is $1.99 CDN. Super Party Sports: Football is $1.49 CDN. 6b6eb973-f109-4701-ad71-736d445bd181
  3. I would rather have cheaper Xbox Live subscription than Xbox Live Rewards scheme

in XBoX Rewards
    I would rather have cheaper Xbox Live subscription than Xbox Live Rewards scheme: Dear Xbox Live Rewards, Why bother with the Xbox Live reward scheme? It is the "green shield stamps" of 2016/17 . It costs Microsoft thousands of dollars to run every month & where is the money...
  4. Can I get minecraft cheaper if I owned it on the xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get minecraft cheaper if I owned it on the xbox 360: I bought minecraft on the Xbox 360 a while ago now and I was wondering if there is any way to get it cheaper on the Xbox One or if not the game then get all the Texture packs and mash-up packs i...
  5. Cheaper prices!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cheaper prices!!: I think games previously purchased on xbox 360 and have also come out on the one should be given at a discounted price. Such as GTA V, why should i spend another $65 for a game i already own? You...
  6. Xbox One X Is Gonna Be Cheaper Than Most Shoes! Only $499.99!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Is Gonna Be Cheaper Than Most Shoes! Only $499.99!: Who else is excited? 3831d248-b075-448d-b7df-92f0569ed38a
  7. Cheaper to repair or replace?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cheaper to repair or replace?: So, my Xbox One controller is messed up because the left bumper will hardly ever work. I have to press the bumper down really hard just for it to work, and even then, it flickers between working...
  8. Cheaper xbox live! ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cheaper xbox live! ??: Olá Microsoft,gosto muito de vocês mas estou abandonando os consoles e nem pensando em comprar os proximos,pois eu assim como muitos brasileiros nao temos condicoes de pagar R$179,00 pela live...
  9. Change console region and buy from other locations (cheaper)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change console region and buy from other locations (cheaper): Hello all, I just found out that in some countries, the games can be really cheaper and I also noticed that we can change the location of the console. Is it legal that I do so ? Can I change my...
  10. You would think in 2016 digital downloads would be cheaper?

in XBoX on Consoles
    You would think in 2016 digital downloads would be cheaper?: u can buy digital games on amazon in the US, you can't in the UK (or very rarely) b633b37a-ef28-4ba4-a4f6-1cd23ee174e7