A family frustration - Repeated Account suspensions and blocked phone numbers

Discus and support A family frustration - Repeated Account suspensions and blocked phone numbers in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello all, I typically don't post in forums, but multiple requests for help from Microsoft (Online chat, emails, and phone calls) have left me without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheAngry1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. TheAngry1
    TheAngry1 Guest

Hello all,

I typically don't post in forums, but multiple requests for help from Microsoft (Online chat, emails, and phone calls) have left me without a solution. Hoping maybe posting this will result in someone from Microsoft actually reading about my problem
    instead of sending me back to the FAQs for how to un-suspend my accounts.

I have 4 kids with Xbox Live accounts (I have one as well) that they use to play Minecraft. I have 5 devices in my house that are used for this play (Iphones, Ipads, and Kindles). About once every two weeks or so, one of the kids accounts is suspended
    for "Suspicious activity" (I have talked with tech support online and they have stated that there are no failed logins on the accounts, and that they do not know what specifically is triggering the suspensions) and I must go through the unblock process of
    sending a code to a phone and entering it on the site. My kids are old fashioned and do not have phones of their own, so I previously used my phone to complete this process. Then one day, I tried to unblock my daughters account and was presented with the message
    that: "Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow." even though I hadn't tried that day. I waited until the next day but received the same message. Finally I used my wife's phone and was able to unblock the account. This worked for a few more iterations using
    my wife's phone (Mine never worked again), until one day my wife's phone also stopped working. I switched to a friend's number and eventually got his blacklisted as well.

Microsoft has so far denied that they blacklist phone numbers, they keep telling me to wait until the next day and try again which has been pretty frustrating. It seems that their threat prevention software doesn't like that we have multiple accounts
    using the same devices and unblocking with a common phone number, but I can't imagine that my situation is that unique... Has everyone else with this issue just given up and gone to play elsewhere? Any secret phone number to useful people who can help at Mircrosoft?
    (I'm pretty tired of explaining the issue to techs who tell me to wait 24 hours and try again)

Microsoft if you are out there I have case # [Mod Removed - Personal Information] which I think you closed already after sending generic instructions to unblock my account yet again (I doubt your support folks even read my issue before
    sending the canned email response)

Please Help!

:)

TheAngry1, Mar 14, 2019
  2. TheAngry1 Win User

Thank you Samantha,

All of the accounts are child accounts linked to mine.

I have checked the security logs (With a microsoft tech) and there is nothing suspicious there.
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

The security that's trying to protect the account, due to the request for verification is most likely the issue. You may have some incomplete or possibly unverified info on one or more of the accounts.

Sign into your account first and make sure everything listed below is complete and up to date.

Then go through each of your other accounts after that and make sure everything is current as well.

Go to - https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

- Make sure there's a first and last name on the account and a birth date and the region is set to US if you're here in the states

Go to - https://account.microsoft.com/profile/contact-info

- Make sure that that any email addresses that might be listed there don't have a "Verify" option, meaning that if you've added an email address for the sign in for the account you need to verify it and you don't want anything incomplete on the account.

Go to - https://account.live.com/proofs/manage/basic

- Make sure your account has an email and phone here where security and verification codes can be sent. Don't keep adding friends and other phones that you don't have access too

Go to - https://account.live.com/Activity

- Check your account and see if there were any Unusual sign in's for your account. Click on the entries for the unusual sign ins and just make sure those are you and approve them. For example, if your public IP address changed the system looks at that as
    a possible security issue.
  4. SamanthaVictoria Win User

Hello, sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I would suggest double checking your security information for each account, to ensure the accounts arent being accessed by someone else.

Also, it may be more beneficial as far as monitoring goes, to set up all of your kids with a Childs account. This adds restrictions and links the accounts directly to yours, its also eaiser to keep up with everyone.
  5. camvarley97 Win User

Do you guys clear browser data alot? If you all login and off on the same devices frequently this can cause the suspicious activity notice too. However i've never had the phone number get blocked before. What is the exact wording when you enter your blocked
    number?

- Cameron
  6. TheAngry1 Win User

Any other ideas? I have a daugher still unable to unblock her account because our phone numbers are blocked... Surely there must be a way to escalate a support request to Microsoft? I keep getting routed back to the dumb recovery instructions which don’t
    work without a phone number... Help!
Thema:

1. A family frustration - Repeated Account suspensions and blocked phone numbers - Similar Threads - family frustration Repeated

2. Family time limit on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family time limit on Xbox: Have set up family restrictions on my son's Xbox account to restrict his time usage. Occasionally I give him extra time when he is in the middle of a game to finish the game. The problem is that...
  3. Falsche Währung bei Familienmitglied im Konto [Wrong Currency with Family Member in Account]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Falsche Währung bei Familienmitglied im Konto [Wrong Currency with Family Member in Account]: Hi, Das "Unterkonto" meines Familienmitglieds steht auf GBP (Pfund). An der Xbox ist alles auf Deutschland eingestellt. Mein Konto steht auf Deutschland. Wer kann mir helfen das...
  4. senha da familia nao esquesi a senha [Translation-Family password do not forget password]

in XBoX on Consoles
    senha da familia nao esquesi a senha [Translation-Family password do not forget password]: NAO CONSIGO DESBLOQUA A SENHA DA Familia. [Translation-I CAN'T UNBLOCK The Family PASSWORD.] 2fe589c4-2146-4b15-b651-3ff8434a37cd
  5. Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age

in XBoX Accessibility
    Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age: Dobry den mam takovy problem mam zalozeny ucet svuj a pak jeste dcery ale pozrebuji menit u ni vek ale nejde to jsk to vyresit. Dekuju [Translate by Mod] Good day mam horned problem I have a...
  6. Microsoft Family: Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Family: Games: Hey there, I'm wondering if there's a possibility where i could share purchased games with the members within my Microsoft Family? 19ff0660-3018-4df0-ad8d-f6cf7dbfcbd5
  7. Family Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Settings: Hey there, Rescently i bought a used Asssassin's Creed 1 for the xbox 360. So i searched for my old xbox 360 and started it back up. i wanted to play the game but appearently i needed a passcode...
  8. Sharing Apps with Family Accounts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Apps with Family Accounts.: I purchased Minecraft on my account for my daughter. She now has her own laptop and I set up a separate account/profile for her as a child on my account. Do I really have to pay for Minecraft...
  9. Family sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family sharing: My adult son cannot play a game i downloaded for him using my profile unless he logs in as me. I have been through family sharing and designating the xbox one as the home console. I have rebooted....
  10. Frustrating Xbox 360 Family Saftey Passcode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frustrating Xbox 360 Family Saftey Passcode: Okay, so I bought this Xbox 360 a while ago, and didn't think anything about a family passcode. Well now I habe tried EVERYTHING that I have been told to do and nothing is working. I can't get...