A game uninstalled itself

Discus and support A game uninstalled itself in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, last night i was playing Apex Legends when the xbox live service went down. I assumed it was nothing and that i would just have to wait. After... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XxThePatriot, Feb 23, 2020.

1. XxThePatriot
    XxThePatriot Guest

Hi, last night i was playing Apex Legends when the xbox live service went down. I assumed it was nothing and that i would just have to wait. After waiting about 20 minutes everything seemed to be back to normal, so i got back on apex but noticed it said
    i didn’t own the game or app. I know i owned it since i was legit just playing it so i thought it was a bug or something so i did the hard reset and unplugged it and let it sit for a bit just to fix it. That did not work so i just tried unplugging my storage
    devices and putting them back in and that didn’t work either. I decided to give it a days worth of resting and here i am now. The xbox still says i don’t own the app and i am now sitting here reinstalling it. I would like to know what exactly has happened
    here as i wait for it to redownload and if i lose my progress in the game what am i supposed to do. Thank you.

:)

XxThePatriot, Feb 23, 2020
  2. XBF Paul M Win User

Game Uninstalled itself

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, it looks like the game Forza Horizon 4 is having some installation issues. What I recommend doing is stopping the installation, then deleting the content download by uninstalling it. Once uninstalled proceed
    to re-install the game. If you don't want to start over another thing to try is to

Perform a Power Cycle
    . Let us know how it goes.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Game uninstalled itself!

Sorry to hear it. If an update was required for the game and was refused then the game would have been deleted. If you have to redownload the game I would recommend setting it to download and either set your console to Instant On (you can turn the console
    off and it will continue to download in the background) or leave your console on overnight to download the game. It should download faster this way as it will have more internet bandwidth when no one else is using the net.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

game UNINSTALLED ITSELF

"why does it do that?"

"because i cancelled an update"

It stops corruption, all updates have a beginning and a ending; look up checksum for more information.

Basically, the update has to have network packets that confirm the conclusion of the packaged software. If this confirmation is not met, it should zero, as a safety measure, to prevent corruption or intrusion.
  5. Mossbergg Win User

game UNINSTALLED ITSELF

My game also got uninstalled. I did cancel the update on the game and after it disappeared, why does it do that? that is the dumbest thing i have ever seen, a game deleting itself from playing because i cancelled an update on it because i wanted to update
    another game first. My internet is very bad so now i cant play the uninstalled game for a while because its 90gb download for no reason at all. great console
  6. schnurren Win User

Hello XxThePatriot,

The save data should be on the cloud (for this game I think it is linked on EA servers, so you shouldn't lose any progress).

If the game is not appearing on your profile, try to "purchase" it again from the Microsoft Store on your Xbox One to see if it lets you redownload it.

In case that is not possible, please go to this link and contact Microsoft directly : https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us

schnurrer
Thema:

1. A game uninstalled itself - Similar Threads - game uninstalled itself

2. game UNINSTALLED ITSELF

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game UNINSTALLED ITSELF: Well like the title say i have the hard copy of the game VAMPYR got it played it finished it moved on recently decided to play it again so i put the disc in then get a pop up to play this...
  3. Game (BDO) uninstalling by itself (wtf?)

in XboX Insiders
    Game (BDO) uninstalling by itself (wtf?): i played Black Desert yesterday before going to sleep, and this morning i wake up and the game is uninstalled (??), i'ts not just a ui bug or something and i had 130GB free.. so actually...
  4. Game Just Uninstalled Itself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Just Uninstalled Itself: I have been playing Sekiro, and when I came back to my console to play it today, my account refused to log in which was followed by internet issues, and finally, after solving these issues, Sekiro...
  5. Game uninstalled itself!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game uninstalled itself!: Just bought an xbox one s. It came with a download of Forza 4. Keep in mind it has taken me DAYS to download this big of a file. Finally downloaded it. Came back to play it & it's GONE! It's...
  6. Game Uninstalled itself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Uninstalled itself: Hello chaps, Forza Horizon 4, excellent game, was playing last night as much as I could while it was installing until I hit a part where I had to install the full game, at which point I stopped...
  7. Xbox One uninstalling 4 games itself.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One uninstalling 4 games itself.: Dear All, Last night after playing 45minutes of The Division. I logged off the Xbox and now, some 22 hours later I reboot just to play a little more. But find an error (cannot remember the...
  8. Game Uninstalled itself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Uninstalled itself: Hello, after not touching my xbox for about a month, i came back to play on it to see that i needed to update a few games. Fallout 4 needed an update, and it being my favorite of my games, I...
  9. Killer Instinct Game uninstalls by itself and won't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct Game uninstalls by itself and won't reinstall: Win 10 x64 bit, game installed fine first time around (last year or so)and updated fine.i didn't played it lately,now i wanted to do, but it says that game is not present in my system anymore,if i...
  10. Game uninstalled itself and disappeared, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game uninstalled itself and disappeared, HELP!: So Black ops 3 uninstalled itself and disappeared. I found out that it's a bug that could happen if your xbox is on stand by -mode. Also found out that it can be fixed by changing the setting to...