A inactive gamertag im known better as, is taken

Discus and support A inactive gamertag im known better as, is taken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so theres this gamertag that I would like to have, it has 0 gamerscore, 0 games played, and a xbox 360 pfp, so I thinking, would yall switch it with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RotsSecured, Nov 22, 2020.

1. RotsSecured
    RotsSecured Guest

Ok so theres this gamertag that I would like to have, it has 0 gamerscore, 0 games played, and a xbox 360 pfp, so I thinking, would yall switch it with another gamertag so I can have that one. Here are the reasons. I'm known better as that gamertag by
    my friends. 2 the numbers would be hard to search with my gamertag because people can make mistakes and it would lead them to the wrong account. So it would be awesome if you could let me have that gamertag, i will tell the gamertag if you ask me to. But if
    no then i totally would understand.

:)

RotsSecured, Nov 22, 2020
  2. ッLEOᑎᗰIᑎEᖇ Win User

Hi there, if you want use gamertag taken Add a number at the end, such as year of birth or something,.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Gamertag Taken, Inactive

Hi

Just because the account/gamertag is not active on Xbox it may still be active and getting used elsewhere within the Microsoft network just not on Xbox.
  4. denis97g Win User

Gamertag Change

Hi! unfortunately no. If it's taken it can be an inactive account that has it. But, with the new gamertag system that is being implemented you'll be able to have a similar gamertag to the one you want.
  5. mattsevern Win User

Gamertag Reset #2

Agreed! Very angry at all the inactive accounts that are left as there are a lot of good gamertags that are taken and not in use! Another reset is 100% REQUIRED AND NEEDED!
  6. Miss Kleo Win User

Inactive person has the GT I want.

Hey SmG! If the Gamertag is currently taken by another user (inactive on Xbox LIVE or not) then it is not available. There are certain cases where Gamertags are resurfaced, which it sounds like you're inquiring about, but this is determined when an account
    has been inactive for many years. If you're still seeing that profile then this wouldn't be the case! You'll have to find another Gamertag that you like.
Thema:

1. A inactive gamertag im known better as, is taken - Similar Threads - inactive gamertag known

2. About claiming gamertags on inactive acccounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    About claiming gamertags on inactive acccounts: How does one exactly claim a gamertag from an inactive account? There is this account that has 0 gamerscore, 0 followers and 0 games. How can I claim his/her gamertag?...
  3. Obtaining an Xbox Gamertag From an Inactive Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Obtaining an Xbox Gamertag From an Inactive Account: Hello, I appreciate any help on this. I've been wanting a specific gamertag for around 5 years but it has always been in use by an inactive account. I thought it would be available one day but...
  4. Claiming an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Claiming an inactive gamertag: Recently, I have had the urge to change my gamertag. My current gamertag is I Yibo I and although this name has served me well, I wanted to see if I could get rid of the brackets. Unfortunately,...
  5. I want to claim an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to claim an inactive gamertag: So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those inactive gamertag will be available to claim....
  6. What date next year do inactive gamertags get released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What date next year do inactive gamertags get released?: What date next year do inactive gamertags get released? 29771eca-aa39-417c-a4c7-91be5cf49136
  7. Inactive gamertag policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive gamertag policy: I changed my gamertag back in 2007 and a few years ago went to reclaim it only to find it was taken I’ve watched the account and it has been inactive for several years and I saw someone post that...
  8. Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Again: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity: Earlier today I asked a question here: Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity and I got an answer was marked as an answer and the topic was locked, but it does not answer the...
  9. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?: Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is...
  10. Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag remains active after 5 years of inactivity: I have a long problem with a gamertag and I will try to explain it briefly but in detail. In 2012 I closed a Microsoft Account that had the MatheusWillder gamertag associated with it. In 2015 I...