"a media update is required to play this content" is not going away

Discus and support "a media update is required to play this content" is not going away in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new xbox 360 and it keeps giving me this message every time i try to play a video thru windows media center. I already downloaded it a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wuzup916, Feb 15, 2014.

1. wuzup916
    wuzup916 Guest

I just bought a new xbox 360 and it keeps giving me this message every time i try to play a video thru windows media center. I already downloaded it a couple of times but it comes up every time i restart windows media center on my xbox. it didn't do that
    on my old xbox 360. Any tips or solutions

:)

wuzup916, Feb 15, 2014
  2. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest
    "a media update is required to play this content" is not going away while offline

Sounds like you need to do a license transfer to your new system.

dlCHIEF58, Feb 15, 2014
  3. wuzup916
    wuzup916 Guest
    "a media update is required to play this content" is not going away while offline

how do i do that.. i think i know where it's at but i wanna be sure.

wuzup916, Feb 15, 2014
  4. dlCHIEF58 Win User

Sounds like you need to do a license transfer to your new system.
  5. wuzup916 Win User

how do i do that.. i think i know where it's at but i wanna be sure.
  6. DaveDick00 Win User

Receiving "Media update is required to play this content"

Actually I tried that shortly after my last response & it worked with no problems
  7. DaveDick00 Win User

Ok I tried transferring the licensing using this method:

1.On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

•Don't know your gamertag? See Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

•Need to find your Microsoft account? See Find your Microsoft account.

•Can't remember the password for your Microsoft account? See Recover your Microsoft account password.

2.Go to Settings and select Account.

3.Go to Your Billing Options and select License Transfer.

4.Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.

What I'm seeing says "You transferred your console licenses on 12/19/12. You'll need to wait until 4/19/2013 to transfer again"
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Create a separate Live account for each console, with its own unique Windows Live ID. Download the update to each console using the separate account created for each console.

That's how I get around the Optional Media Update license problem.
Thema:

1. "a media update is required to play this content" is not going away - Similar Threads - media update required

2. media remote doesnt work with latest updates

in XboX Insiders
    media remote doesnt work with latest updates: in skip ahead the remote lights up fine so good battery but nothing registers to the xbox submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments]
  3. Latest Update Caused Xbox One Media Remote (OEM) to Stop Recognizing Volume and Mute Commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Update Caused Xbox One Media Remote (OEM) to Stop Recognizing Volume and Mute Commands: I am in the Alpha Preview Program for Xbox Live. On 10/16/2018, my Xbox One Media Remote (OEM, manufactured by Microsoft, not 3rd Party) ceased to function for mute and volume up/down. All other...
  4. Xbox One Media Remote doesn't work after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote doesn't work after update: I use my Xbox One as a media station more than as a gaming console, and so more often than not I am using the media remote to control the system. I turned on my console on June 11, 2018 and it...
  5. Media Player dropping off when streaming video from NAS drive since November 16th update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player dropping off when streaming video from NAS drive since November 16th update: Hi guys The post title pretty much sums it up but since Thursday (when I can see an update also became available) I've noticed issues with the Media Player app. The problem is that during...
  6. Updates - home button and multi-media users

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates - home button and multi-media users: So I am a harmony remote user with whole home control, voice commands (via connect), and NOT a gamer. I purchased the Xbox One because it was designed to be the "One" piece of equipment to rule...
  7. Update Request: Media Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update Request: Media Player: One thing I liked about the PS4 was that I was able to play music files from my external hard drive while I was playing a game. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Xbox's media player and the...
  8. Media Player App BITSTREAM audio update???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player App BITSTREAM audio update???: Dear Xbox One S staff, would you please state once and 4 all whether you are planning on bringing the BITSTREAM audio option to the Media Player app or not? Whole AV community at various forums...
  9. Xbox One 2017 update - Media player glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 2017 update - Media player glitch: so I recently updated my Xbox and quickly discovered a glitch with the media player + the new home button control. Essentially when I am watching a movie via my external HDD and I press the home...
  10. "a media update is required to play this content" is not going away while offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    "a media update is required to play this content" is not going away while offline: I just got a new 360, new from the store not used and i already downloaded the optional media update to watch my videos in windows media center except it only works while i'm signed in and on my...