A Refund Glitched A Legit Copy Of Game, Now Won't DL or Play

Discus and support A Refund Glitched A Legit Copy Of Game, Now Won't DL or Play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally bought (2) copies of The Outer Worlds from the MS store. I successfully got a refund on one but now there is a glitch on my end. It will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LayneI, Nov 7, 2019.

1. LayneI
    LayneI Guest

I accidentally bought (2) copies of The Outer Worlds from the MS store. I successfully got a refund on one but now there is a glitch on my end. It will say "You own this game" in the store
    but when I try to launch it, it sends me back to the store to buy it again. It's an endless loop. I stupidly uninstalled it thinking I could reinstall, but now it doesn't even show in my games list. Help! In my account you can see (2) separate order numbers
    for the game. One says,"complete" and one says, "refunded." I had successfully started playing the first copy before my refund, but after, it would just send me back to the MS store to buy it again. I uninstalled it to reinstall thinking this may fix the glitch,
    but now it doesn't even show in my games list. Somehow the system thinks because of the refund I don't own it anymore, but I DO OWN one copy fully paid for.

:)

LayneI, Nov 7, 2019
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

I accidentally bought (2) copies of The Outer Worlds from the MS store. I successfully got a refund on one but now there is a glitch on my end. It will say "You own this game" in
    the store but when I try to launch it, it sends me back to the store to buy it again. It's an endless loop. I stupidly uninstalled it thinking I could reinstall, but now it doesn't even show in my games list. Help! In my account you can see (2) separate order
    numbers for the game. One says,"complete" and one says, "refunded." I had successfully started playing the first copy before my refund, but after, it would just send me back to the MS store to buy it again. I uninstalled it to reinstall thinking this may fix
    the glitch, but now it doesn't even show in my games list. Somehow the system thinks because of the refund I don't own it anymore, but I DO OWN one copy fully paid for.
    Redownload your account. Also does one show on your billing history
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi LayneI,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. It sounds like the license to the game was somehow lost when you had the refund for the secondary purchase; however, the situation is one that can be fixed.

In order to get the matter looked into directly, I would highly recommend
    contacting Xbox Support by requesting a call back so that they can look into your account and determine what may have happened. They should be able to rectify the situation as
    well. Sadly, we here on the forums lack the necessary tools to more directly assist with these types of account issues.

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available as the selections may change from time to time.

Hope this helps out! Let us know the results!
  4. Smwutches Win User

Playing Pre-Release.

As long as you're playing a legit copy of a game, you won't be banned for playing early.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Don't ban me!

Not really,as the others have said you will be fine playing it now.There are reports of people being banned for playing legit copies early but that was a glitch in a automated system & has been sorted now & they are back playing their game
  6. WinsomeSword Win User

Gears 1,2,3

No they won't. If you are playing on a legit copy of the game than you can play it a month before release if you want.
Thema:

1. A Refund Glitched A Legit Copy Of Game, Now Won't DL or Play - Similar Threads - Refund Glitched Legit

2. I couldn't get a refund for a game I dont remember purchasing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I couldn't get a refund for a game I dont remember purchasing.: On August 9th, 2020 I had a game ( Wolfenstein: alt history collection) added to my owned games without purchasing it. I looked over the refund guidelines and it hasn't been 14 days and a long...
  3. Rembolso[Refund]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Rembolso[Refund]: El dia 6 de agosto pedí rembolso sobre una subscripcion de Xbox game pass ultime, cumplía los requisitos, y el dia de hoy 10 de junio le pregunte al servicio de pago, y me informaron que...
  4. How do you get help for refunds for multiple payments for the same game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get help for refunds for multiple payments for the same game?: My son purchased a game last week with my permission. So long as he asks first I then let him make the purchase with my card details which are on the account. Unbeknown to me when he went to...
  5. Refund Policy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund Policy: I'm just wondering if the agent that reviewed my refund request made a mistake or has Microsoft stopped treating their customers fairly? I recently purchased a sequel to a game i really enjoyed...
  6. Problem Refunding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Refunding: The other day, I accidentally bought the incorrect digital item by the name of "Destroy All Humans!" on the xbox game store. I quickly cancelled installation and requested a refund. I received a...
  7. I can’t get a refund, most likely because of a store glitch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get a refund, most likely because of a store glitch.: I was playing Destiny 2, and i went to the xbox store through the in game menu. I wanted to buy the Shadowkeep DLC for the game, which was $35.00. The problem is that it linked me to the $65.00...
  8. A live agent glitched my refund and I can’t use my last refund

in XBoX Accessibility
    A live agent glitched my refund and I can’t use my last refund: I can’t refund because a live agent glitched it c871809d-1373-4661-a4cc-da88e5aaf757
  9. FIFA 16 Chemistry Glitch, refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA 16 Chemistry Glitch, refund.: Hello. Recently a 'chemistry glitch' has been found on FIFA 16. This means that upgraded cards were not upgraded, I bought the packs thinking the cards were upgraded, since the issue has only just...
  10. Watchdogs Price Glitch and Refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Watchdogs Price Glitch and Refund?: So Watch Dogs was priced at £59.99 on first day it went on sale digitally, then it changed to £54.99 the following day. This must have been a price glitch, therefore how do you get a refund?...