A WARNING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS AFTER YOU CASH THEM IN!

Discus and support A WARNING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS AFTER YOU CASH THEM IN! in XBoX Rewards to solve the problem; (I'M TALKING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS, NOT LIVE REWARDS. Just to clear up any confusion). Since live rewards will be switching to xbox rewards next... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards' started by DA SHIZZLE IG, May 14, 2018.

1. A WARNING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS AFTER YOU CASH THEM IN!

(I'M TALKING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS, NOT LIVE REWARDS. Just to clear up any confusion).

Since live rewards will be switching to xbox rewards next month. For those of you not familiar/never used it before, you need to know this. When you cash in and get money from live rewards you can keep the money for a year before it expires. But with Xbox
    rewards you can only keep your money for like 3 or 4 months before it expires. So be ready to spend your money soon after you cash in your points. This is in the small print so it's easy to miss.

keep this post bumped so everyone can see it. Also spread the word since xbox doesn't feel they need to lol.

:)

DA SHIZZLE IG, May 14, 2018
  2. Jokul81
    Jokul81 Guest
    Slingshot DLC Info [Spoiler Alert]

meh, I agree $6 seems a bit excessive but I think I'm gonna cash in my Xbox Live Reward points so its effectivly free. I presume everyone knows about
    xbox live rewards link in case you want to take a look.

Basically put - Free microsoft points

Jokul81, May 14, 2018
  3. DaveC
    DaveC Guest
    Microsft is phasing out Points in Windows 8

I have half price ms points cards that I have not added to my Xbox yet. I assume that there will be a transition period where your points will be converted into MS cash. The PS3 has cards that you can buy to purchase content, free of game companies knowing/storing/losing credit card numbers. There are Wii points, but I've barely bothered with them. I hope Xbox rewards still works, firing out MS cash instead of points every month.

DaveC, May 14, 2018
  4. A WARNING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS AFTER YOU CASH THEM IN!

I thought it was the other way around that xbox rewards was turning into Microsoft rewards.

steeledwand7664, May 15, 2018
  5. Na, what we using here are called "Live" rewards, the other one is called Xbox rewards/Microsoft rewards(what we bout to switch to).

I lost $5 because I didn't read the fine print smh. Hella sneaky, that info should be in big bold letters. I don't purchase to much extra content for games so my money usually sits there for awhile. I guess since it's easier/faster to earn money than it
    is on live rewards, they shortened the time that you can hold on to it. I like to have at least $20 or $30 sitting in my account. Now I just have to let my points pile up until something I like to buy comes up and then cash them in.

Main thing that got me is that I got money from both sites. I had $20 sitting in my account, next thing I know it was $15. Problem was the other site, they didn't send me a warning email (like live rewards does) about the expiration or anything. You can
    check your account to see when the money expires now though.

DA SHIZZLE IG, May 17, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Actually this is the Xbox Live Rewards program. What it is being switched to is Microsoft Rewards. There is no Live Rewards.

Smwutches, May 17, 2018
  7. lol this crap is all over the place. Xbox live rewards is sometimes referred to as simply "live rewards". I just used live cause It's faster. Stuff is confusing smh. Like right now they just switched the name this section of the forums is filled under from
    "xbox live rewards" to "Microsoft rewards". Even though the banner still says "Xbox live rewards". they jumped the gun.

Anyway, I was just warning folks about the 3 month expiration date for $$$ when people start using "Microsoft rewards". People(especially younger folks) will still think they have a year to use the $$$.

DA SHIZZLE IG, Nov 3, 2018
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

I thought it was the other way around that xbox rewards was turning into Microsoft rewards.
  9. DA SHIZZLE IG Win User

Na, what we using here are called "Live" rewards, the other one is called Xbox rewards/Microsoft rewards(what we bout to switch to).

Actually this is the Xbox Live Rewards program. What it is being switched to is Microsoft Rewards. There is no Live Rewards.
    lol this crap is all over the place. Xbox live rewards is sometimes referred to as simply "live rewards". I just used live cause It's faster. Stuff is confusing smh. Like right now they just switched the name this section of the forums is filled under from
    "xbox live rewards" to "Microsoft rewards". Even though the banner still says "Xbox live rewards". they jumped the gun.

Anyway, I was just warning folks about the 3 month expiration date for $$$ when people start using "Microsoft rewards". People(especially younger folks) will still think they have a year to use the $$$.
  10. Smwutches Win User

Na, what we using here are called "Live" rewards, the other one is called Xbox rewards/Microsoft rewards(what we bout to switch to).
  11. DA SHIZZLE IG Win User

I lost $5 because I didn't read the fine print smh. Hella sneaky, that info should be in big bold letters. I don't purchase to much extra content for games so my money usually sits there for awhile. I guess since it's easier/faster to earn money than it
    is on live rewards, they shortened the time that you can hold on to it. I like to have at least $20 or $30 sitting in my account. Now I just have to let my points pile up until something I like to buy comes up and then cash them in.

Main thing that got me is that I got money from both sites. I had $20 sitting in my account, next thing I know it was $15. Problem was the other site, they didn't send me a warning email (like live rewards does) about the expiration or anything. You can
    check your account to see when the money expires now though.
  12. Smwutches Win User

Reward points not credited for designlab purchase

The points should be given about 14 days after the controller ships. If you don't receive them, you will need to contact customer support for Microsoft Rewards since that offer is through them and not the Xbox Rewards program.
Thema:

1. A WARNING ABOUT XBOX REWARDS POINTS AFTER YOU CASH THEM IN! - Similar Threads - WARNING REWARDS POINTS

2. Why are we not warned before a game is pulled from the catalogue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we not warned before a game is pulled from the catalogue?: I’m literally 30 mins game play away from obtaining the last two trophies in my game and it was pulled from the catalogue today. That’s all fair cause you can change the catalogue whenever. But...
  3. The new warning error about games is kinda confusing.

in XboX Insiders
    The new warning error about games is kinda confusing.: When you try to enter a game that requires a disc or an active subscription, before only said "To play this, insert the disc or renew the subscription", now it tries to guess where it came from,...
  4. 360: Warning badge after Connection Test and Problems with Messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    360: Warning badge after Connection Test and Problems with Messages: Hi. After doing the Connection Test it shows the generally yellow ! with the obligatory note to visit the Network help. I googled the error code but nothing helpful... I also have Problems...
  5. Console Turning off for ventilation Warning.

in XboX Insiders
    Console Turning off for ventilation Warning.: Everything sounds right with it, but it’s not working whatsoever I launch it 10 minutes later it turns off no warning nothing. submitted by /u/Masonington2 [link] [comments]
  6. : Invalid Format Warning while Xbox is on

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Invalid Format Warning while Xbox is on: : Invalid Format Warning while Xbox is on Hi Kaydin! It has nothing to do with the TV or switching the HDMI, it has to do with a setting on the console. Your Xbox One console automatically...
  7. WARNING: Soft Lock glitch found

in XBoX on Consoles
    WARNING: Soft Lock glitch found: I found a way to soft lock the xbox, either that or HEAVILY SLOW IT DOWN, on the games and apps section, I was bored and held down both trigger buttons, it caused the cursor to rapidly swap...
  8. Got some "Event Viewer" warnings i would like to solve. FORZA 10 - Windows 10 Personal Computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Got some "Event Viewer" warnings i would like to solve. FORZA 10 - Windows 10 Personal Computer: These issues all started once i downloaded and started playing the Windows game called Forza 10. I installed it using the Windows store. Everything at first seemed fine, but after about 3 hours,...
  9. Screen Time no longer showing 5 minute warning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Time no longer showing 5 minute warning: So we use the Microsoft screen time limits with my kids on xbox one and it used to give them a 5 minute warning message when their time was almost up; it just randomly stopped doing this and I...
  10. No email warning concerning Xbox Live Rewards 5th Anniversary "Grab Bag"

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No email warning concerning Xbox Live Rewards 5th Anniversary "Grab Bag": Hello to whomever reads this. I’m contacting you today, because of Xbox Live Rewards and the 5 Year Anniversary promotion. As far as I know all my friends received an email informing them about...