Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming?

Discus and support Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been live streaming to Twitch using the built in menu on my Xbox Series X for months now and I really enjoy it. However, are a few things that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LinkofHyrule, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming?

I've been live streaming to Twitch using the built in menu on my Xbox Series X for months now and I really enjoy it. However, are a few things that really frustrate me. Any time you go to a non-game app such as Microsoft Edge or another app it automatically pauses. It also does this on your home screen as well. Now I understand this is likely a security feature to protect you as a streamer but I would really like the ability to manually unpause it on Microsoft Edge. You also can't live stream cloud games this seems like an odd use case but this would be great to be able to do as well.

There are a few other improvements I wish would be made. Currently there's no way to zoom/pan the camera and no virtual background options like Microsoft Teams offers. I would also like to see the ability to do Web cam only streaming as an option for when I want to just have a full camera view without a game going.

Obviously this is more of a wishlist item but it would be great to support overlays and browser sources to be able to be more competitive with other streaming methods without having to use a separate PC. I enjoy the simplicity that streaming from my Xbox offers but there's a lot of improvements that could be made.

Another great thing that would be nice is the ability to play music from YouTube, Spotify or other services on your stream in the background. I don't think there's currently a way to do this.

Now there's one last thing that I consider a bug and that is when you select the resolution and bit rate no matter what it resets to 720p and you have to manually set it every single stream it would be great if this was fixed.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on other ways Streaming from Xbox to Twitch and hopefully to YouTube in the future could be improved.

submitted by /u/LinkofHyrule
    [link] [comments]

/u/LinkofHyrule, Jun 17, 2022
  2. VinceOng Win User

Discovery Plus not working on Xbox Microsoft Edge

Hello Kathy,

I am not having any issues with my Series X console in terms of browsing and using the Microsoft Edge browser in streaming Youtube and other video streaming sites.

On the other hand, if I am using Microsoft Edge on my laptop or android phone, it can't also stream Discovery Plus.

Thank you,

Vince
  3. Mister Beep Win User

Edge still keeps crashing

Hey there,

Which other browsers did you try on your Xbox One console? Currently, the only supported browser available for Xbox One is Microsoft Edge. Additionally, which specific streaming website is causing the crashes?
  4. DiogoParente94 Win User

F1TV not playing live video

I've been using Edge on Xbox all season and also started having problems now.

I can see F1TV in all devices, including Edge on my computer and other browsers, but for Edge on xbox it stopped working.

Live streams do not work but other content does.

Hope you fix this because it was working fine until now.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Watching Britbox through X-Box

There is no app available from britbox yet for Xbox. You could try streaming from the website through the Microsoft edge browser.
  6. HendrikPelser Win User

F1TV not playing live video

Good day Kathy,

Other livestreams work fine. And as mentioned, on my laptop edge browser, f1tv streams live fine. It's just on te Xbox that livestreams for f1tv does not work. It just keeps loading. It's also not a network issue as i have a 30mbline and my laptop runs on it fine. There is also no pending update for edge.

Regards
Thema:

Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming?

1. Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming? - Similar Threads - Ability Live Stream

2. Is it possible to add the ability to add increased thumbstick tension on the xbox design lab?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to add the ability to add increased thumbstick tension on the xbox design lab?: When using the design lab, there is no choice to add thumbstick tension. Since the thunbsticks are very loose, it's hard for me to play shooters and be accurate. Would love to see that feature....
  3. Delta build broke Arma: Reforger’s ability to find servers

in XboX Insiders
    Delta build broke Arma: Reforger’s ability to find servers: I sent this in as a Report a Problem when it happened, but I wanted to post an update. This is all for an Xbox Series X. When the Delta build came out this morning, I was active in Arma:...
  4. How are you able to contact "enforcement" if you are not given the ability to challenge the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How are you able to contact "enforcement" if you are not given the ability to challenge the...: Now, I have been trying to resolve an issue where I was banned from Xbox Live communication and removed from the Ambassador program over sending screenshots from Halo over chat, and I continue to...
  5. Why hasn't Microsoft added the ability for Xbox to verify game files and not make the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why hasn't Microsoft added the ability for Xbox to verify game files and not make the...: Complete waste of time and data for the customer. 46614add-5819-442f-87ce-c54e7027ccd6
  6. XBOX Support Agent Should get the abillity to lock and unlock an Account

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Support Agent Should get the abillity to lock and unlock an Account: I think XBOX Support Agent Should get the abillity to lock and unlock an Account because the life of the customer would be more easier i explain: So for me it has been 3months that my account has...
  7. They need to give Xbox Live Support guys the ability to replace codes

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    They need to give Xbox Live Support guys the ability to replace codes: I myself have this issue that nowadays I cant buy or redeem subscriptions due to me living in Turkey, whereas my parents live in the United Arab Emirates, it would be great for the Xbox live...
  8. Ability to show how long we have been a member of xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ability to show how long we have been a member of xbox live: Ok, I know that we have a little number on our profile to show how many years we have paid for Live, but ive had to take some breaks with family etc. I joined xbox live in its beta form on the...
  9. Ability to access my US-based XBOX Live account from a Singapore console system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ability to access my US-based XBOX Live account from a Singapore console system: can i use paypal from brunei although my xbox live is US? 56e2f9fb-983f-4aab-bdb5-a85c840f21e8
  10. Xbox 360 hard drive failure after newest live update. I have the ability to play games locally ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 hard drive failure after newest live update. I have the ability to play games locally ...: Seems like quite a coincidence that the live update crashed my drive just as the xbox one has a pricedrop. We have the ability to play games locally but can not install the new update. the tech on...