About game ads

Discus and support About game ads in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Would you please be careful while choosing the ads ? I was playing ms mahjong on my phone and I got a gambling ad says welcome to sin city (no pun... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oosha2000, Aug 24, 2021.

1. oosha2000
    oosha2000 Guest

About game ads

Would you please be careful while choosing the ads ? I was playing ms mahjong on my phone and I got a gambling ad says welcome to sin city (no pun intended since it's unacceptable) and to make the matters worse, the demo play asks me to scratch the lady's outfit and strip her down to reveal the rewards (18+ warning). I know you don't have full control over the ads but keep in mind that I have a 3-year-old brother using his mother's phone and he likes to stick to me wherever I go even whenever I use my phone so I don't want to get caught by my mom watching inappropriate ads. This happens only in ms mahjong while other games don't (ignore tik rok ads though), I usually get Arabic talabat ad in sudoku nowadays.

I would occasionally get playrix ads in either sudoku or mahjong but not anymore though I might expect they would show up again. Speaking of fake playrix ads, I get that you need more money with the help of ads but please keep in mind that playrix ads are illegal due to fake gameplay and whether you decided to download the said game or not, you will notice that the gameplay was actually a clickbait. It's easy to tell whether the ad is real or fake, the fake ads have dummy and bait gameplay and they say: "omg why is this game so hard ?", "harder than you think", "99% of people can't pass this level", "if you solve this hard level, then you are genius" etc. Here are some links to prove that there are fake ads https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0KadTvlL-Ko,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOhacpjUIM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2hT3VSGydDM

Last but not least, compare between 2010 and today's ads

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tctyDSi1lO8

Ah, good old times when those ads were based on realistic gameplay like angry birds, jetpack joyride, chicken ninja, fruit ninja, subway surfers and others. RIP 2010 ads and nostalgia, the only true gameplay ad to see nowadays is lords mobile nothing else, whatever happened to coloring, jigsaw puzzle and other appropriate ads ? The ads may vary depending on the region, mine is Egypt but with the UK display language by default for some reasons.

Last but not least, this one isn't inappropriate but something is wrong with the Arabic ads. The Arabic text isn't garbled but the alphabets aren't merged making it difficult for me to read and this is how Arabic writing system works for example الآن يمكنك الحصول على الفيزا للذهاب إلى الولايات المتحدة, which means you can now get the visa to go to the US and so on but instead it looks like this ا ل آ ن ي م ك ن ك ا ل ح ص و ل ع ل ى ا ل ف ي ز ا ل ل ذ ه ا ب إ ل ى ا ل و ل ا ي ا ت ا ل م ت ح د ة. See, it's unreadable as a result. It's possible that it was meant to display in English but a glitch makes it unreadable, it happens only in mahjong and solitaire (occasionally). I don't know what about wordament since I barely see them while in sudoku, it's rather a blank text due to a text glitch. The Arabic texts are supposed to show up but a glitch is preventing them from making it happen, at least better than having an unreadable ad. It's not a big deal at a glance but later it can be problematic if I'm unable to read while I actually know much Arabic since it's my native language so pardon my French.

Overall, these ads needs to be addressed, I have already sent a private email to Microsoft casual games but it's always the same response we moved your feedback there or there more than 80 questions there haha, good thing they don't interrupt my gameplay especially solitaire events where they show up only before I start playing a challenge and they don't add up much time so I'm good to go, also my region doesn't have a spinning wheel yet it needs to be addressed around the world due to the fact that it adds more time at the end of each challenge which seems more or less irritating than getting stuck at loading the final results and hence wasting a lot of time. Posting a glitched Arabic ad here is okay but posting an inappropriate ad publicly feels too distressing so posting them in a private email is acceptable so that I don't get into troubles. Thank you in advance.

:)

oosha2000, Aug 24, 2021
  2. KiiLLER ViRUS Win User

Will Microsoft make an Xbox One advertisement?

I'm not talking about X1 game ads, I'm talking about a pure X1 ad.
  3. WPAK Win User

Backwards compatible

Hi there,

currently no new games will be added to the games that support backwards compatibility.

If new games are added in future is unknown, no official news is present about that.
  4. Artie661 Win User

Backwards compatibility of Charlie Murder

It may be added later on, it seems like new games are added just about weekly to the backwards compatibility list.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox gold boycott

I haven't seen a non-gaming ad on my console in years. What type of ads are you on about?
  6. Major Keebler Win User

Question about the ad section.

I haven't even noticed the tiles lol
Thema:

About game ads

1. About game ads - Similar Threads - game ads

2. Adding back download games

in XBoX on Windows
    Adding back download games: My main C drive went belly up so I have done a clean install of windows. However on my other two drives I have Xbox games form pass in folders called WindowsApps. Rather than download them all...
  3. about adding games on Xbox (i talk about Genshin Impact)

in XboX Insiders
    about adding games on Xbox (i talk about Genshin Impact): hi everyone. now i want to talk about games on Xbox, in General about Genshin Impact. pkease, add genshin impact on xbox one and xbox one s (or higher) submitted by /u/Complete-Ad8853 [link]...
  4. Next Games be added to the Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible List

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Next Games be added to the Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible List: I was soo thrilled that Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Max Payne 3, Star War Episode III, SpongeBob: Truth or Square, SpongeBob: Underpants Slam, Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom,...
  5. Xbox app not updating the list of added games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app not updating the list of added games: I was waiting to play forza horizon 5 via the cloud gaming but the game didn't show up there, so I had to delete some games and download it to my computer, after that my friend showed me that in...
  6. Microsoft casual games still showing ads, even with an xbox ultimate subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft casual games still showing ads, even with an xbox ultimate subscription?: All Microsoft Casual Games that I've tried, Mahjong, Sudoku, Minesweeper etc. are showing ads, even though I have an xbox ultimate subscription. I'm signed into Windows, XBox, and Casual Games...
  7. Adding Voice Chat to Game captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Voice Chat to Game captures: Hopefully any devs can answer me this why hasn't there been a update yet that when I capture game footage It doesn't record my voice from my Mic,I feel this is a important requirement to recording...
  8. Adding a game to the backward compatibility on the xbox one x store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding a game to the backward compatibility on the xbox one x store: Can you please make Simpsons Hit and Run Backward Compatible digital on the Xbox store I see that you list a lot of games but Simpsons Hit and Run is still not listed on Backward Compatible to buy...
  9. Where do I request backwards compatibility game to be added to the list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I request backwards compatibility game to be added to the list: Hi I'm trying to find the page where I can request a game to be hopefully added to the backward compatibility list for Xbox One and Xbox one X and up and used to have Simpsons Hit and Run on the...
  10. My new games are not added to the achievements list.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My new games are not added to the achievements list.: Hi. Something is gone terribly wrong. I played some new games and unlocked new achievements, but they are not appearing in my achievement list. I think I have been hacked. I swear. IDK what is...