About new Xbox gamer tag changes

Discus and support About new Xbox gamer tag changes in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; In found that on my Xbox the new Xbox gamer tag system seems to be working by using the same gamertag as someone else, however by also having the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Nathanbb123, Nov 1, 2019.

1. About new Xbox gamer tag changes

In found that on my Xbox the new Xbox gamer tag system seems to be working by using the same gamertag as someone else, however by also having the (#####) at the end. Similar to discord or steam. My friend is curious about it as well as for some reason he doesn’t have access to it. I think it is because I’m included the Xbox insider club. Could someone please describe how the displaying of the gt’s in this new system?

submitted by /u/Nathanbb123
    [link] [comments]

/u/Nathanbb123, Nov 1, 2019
  2. slackadelic Win User

Xbox new gamertag update

The old gamer tag will eventually disappear and only the new one will remain.

It took about a good week before everything for me updated to the new gamer tag after my change a while back.
  3. ApolloPigs Win User

Gamertag I need one for free

People should get a new change gamer tag as people change and gamer tags may be irrelevant now.
  4. Spoilord Win User

Sea of thieves mix pot huntress figurehead

I did signed into Mixer with that Gamer Tag: . I changed my Gamer Tag recently maybe it changed there. My new Gamer Tag is Crusader Colin. Try that one.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Il gamertag mostrato non è come volevo [Mod Translation - The gamertag shown is not as I wanted]

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about how to change your Gamer tag to something of your preference.

As per the
    Gamer tag update FAQ
    , it states that "If a Gamer tag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same Gamer tag."

Prior to you accepting your new Gamer tag, you are prompted with a preview of how it will appear looking forward. Unfortunately, if you have already used your free Gamer tag change,
    you will be unable to change it without first providing a a fee.

I'm sorry about any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  6. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Do I keep my G if I have to pay for the change my Gamer tag on xbox?

Hi if you are simply changing your gamer tag then yes it will as it will switch to the new gamer tag.
Thema:

About new Xbox gamer tag changes

1. About new Xbox gamer tag changes - Similar Threads - gamer tag changes

2. Refund for gamer tag change-no change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refund for gamer tag change-no change.: I requested a gamer tag change, paid for it, then got an error message that the gamer tag couldn't be changed. So I still have the same gamer tag and I'm out $9.99. I need a refund. Who do I need...
  3. Player Tag (Request to enable gamers to be able to change their gamertags one more time)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Player Tag (Request to enable gamers to be able to change their gamertags one more time): Hello, I recently returned to my xbox live account (because I bought game Sea of Thieves) and therefore wanted to change the tag , I changed tag to Hild , as it turned out later, it was already...
  4. How do i change my gamer tag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i change my gamer tag?: How Do I Change my gamer tag? f3131d20-177f-4ff5-b32c-1af0e0ac46f9
  5. Can’t change gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamer tag: Hello, My xbox app does not have the option to change my gamertag and I hate the one it gave me. What do I do 1a83fb6a-8451-4de7-ac83-a4a14430bdb4
  6. Changing gamer tags associated with email addresses.

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing gamer tags associated with email addresses.: way back when i first got my xbox360 i created an account with an email address but i spelled the domain name wrong. It worked even though its not a real email address. i just bought halo master...
  7. Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag: Hi, My son has been playing XBox games since he was 4 years old. He's progressed through all the XBox versions. His gamer tag and account was originally created under my email (which is also my...
  8. Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games: I changed my default gamer-tag after many years and now my Xbox 360 games will not sign-in or allow me to download my new profile from the Xbox one. Please advise....
  9. Gamer Tag Change

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamer Tag Change: Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they met this company in an alley way? $9.99 to change your gamer tag. This was reasonable to them? I would feel weird paying $1 but I'd probably do it....
  10. borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change: okay so my son decided he wanted to change the gamertag name. he had been playing xbox 360 borderlands 2 on the xbox one. once he changed his name, when he tries to log on, it jusf says ‘not...