Abusive messages

Discus and support Abusive messages in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had put this on another thread with similar issues but it was suggested I start a new thread so here goes, my 12 year old son received a message a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bad Cyborg SPC, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Abusive messages

I had put this on another thread with similar issues but it was suggested I start a new thread so here goes, my 12 year old son received a message a little while ago through Xbox messenger, this was reported to Microsoft and as you can see the player
    was blocked to prevent further communication. What I want to know is why despite this vile message being reported the player is still active? I expect some level of hate mail when people lose as it happens in online gaming but this is ridiculous so much for
    Microsoft claims they were supposed to be clamping down on this kind of behaviour.

Edit

OK this is getting out of hand and as I only wanted to point out that this kind of behaviour takes place and action taken seems to be hit and miss, as the photo showed the player in questions gamer tag I have removed it and will make a few last comments
    and points and then leave it there.

I know Microsoft never told you which player you reported was banned you did however receive a message saying your report had led to action, Sony also do not provide the players name as you state it is against data protection laws, was I "flaming"
    when I said what I said? Yes possibly however I have seen them take a much stronger stance against this sort of behaviour.

These are my last comments on this I personally think toxic behaviour needs stamping out and a stronger stance needs to be taken but maybe I'm just being over protective for my son and I've blown this out of proportion I'll let you decide.

:)

Bad Cyborg SPC, Sep 1, 2019
  2. mark j 2oo7 Win User

Abusive messages

if you report them the enforcement team can look at them.
    Thanks for the reply I will do that. I don't understand why they changed it so you can delete anything that gets said. Thanks again.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Abusive messages

As pointed out, they investigate each one. It isn't up to anyone other than the Enforcement team to issue suspensions. Nobody on the forums, nor indeed support would be able to say whay does and doesn't constitute a permanent ban.

Occasionally you may get a message of the Enforcement team thanking you for helping keep Xbox Live safe but they are rare.

Your statement about people going to other platforms has no substance, nor evidence to the fact and you are just using it to flame. Flaming is against the forum guidelines
  4. McDaddyTree Win User

Abusive messages

Besides reporting you can change your child's account so that they can't get messages from people not on their friend list. I've done for my kids because there are too many people that don't care about ToS out there.
  5. denis97g Win User

Abusive messages

if you report them the enforcement team can look at them.
  6. Bad Cyborg SPC Win User

Abusive messages

I understand that 1000s of messages will be received and investigated but this is a pretty blatant abusive messages so to me is a no brainer.

Problem with reporting this to law enforcement is not much they can do if it's in another country.
Thema:

Abusive messages

1. Abusive messages - Similar Threads - Abusive messages

2. Abused Black desert online There Support will not help Microsoft will not refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abused Black desert online There Support will not help Microsoft will not refund: Hello, For the last 2 week I have been getting abused in black desert online to the point of tears. Had other players call me a dirty [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] told to [Mod Removed - see...
  3. Abusive messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abusive messages: If abusive and offensive messages are sent to my accounts on xbox live then deleted is there any way Microsoft finding them? Thanks. 1f07ba5c-48e5-4f70-91ac-51f89c78379b
  4. Racial Abuse message from another gamer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Racial Abuse message from another gamer: My son encountered a very disparaging message from gamer: [Mod Removed - Do not call out other individuals on the forums] while playing the xbox game Call of Duty World at War on 5/20/2017 at...
  5. Abuse of report message

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abuse of report message: So I'm playing Rainbow 6 Siege and I accidentally friendly fire my team mate, not even killing him, and we still won the round. He messaged me calling me "A dumb piece of ****" I simply replied...
  6. Abusive messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abusive messages: I got an email from Xbox to return. And report a specific gamer tag for abusive behavior on Xbox live. I got a message from ELEVEN BRAVO GS. It read " where did you go you *** c*nt" . Now...
  7. Been getting abusive messages in the past few days.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Been getting abusive messages in the past few days.: I am getting really ticked off at the moment. Over the past few days my dad and me were getting abusive messages from people saying that we are cheating HANG ON! I never used mods before and I...
  8. Abusive messages - fao moderators

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abusive messages - fao moderators: Hi there, ive been getting abusive messages from a player which violate the code of conduct, im concerned hes on messaging kids today, so wanted to bring this to X box's attention. Thanks. Ive now...
  9. Abusive messages and exploiting games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abusive messages and exploiting games: I've been a Xbox live memeber for over 6 years and still abusive little kids and being messeged abusive messages. I am sick to death of paying money for me to go online and have idiots who camp or...
  10. Abusive voice message

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abusive voice message: I have been receiving abusive messages from gamertag [Mod Removed] He sent me a voice message saying he was going to [Mod Removed] of me tomorrow if i didn't join his xbox live party, and called...